Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Six Flags To Enforce Line Jumping/Holding Spots...Why Not Disneyland?

So, Six Flags is finally putting their foot down and enforcing line jumping/holding spots...also including no foul language, no inappropriate clothing, etc. My question is, why not Disneyland?

Nothing (besides people smoking outside smoking areas) bugs me more than having a couple of teenagers, and even adults saying, "Excuse me, my family's up there", "My friends are up there", or just "Excuse me." Well, no, you're not excused! I hate it when people are on their phones, talking to people and telling them to come and join them in line, then they yell out the person's name, "Over here!!!" On attractions like Thunder Mountain, California Screamin', and Matterhorn Bobsleds, you see people always climbing over rails, flower beds, chains, just so they can join or rejoin their party (and they always have churros in their hands). Space Mountain is the worst attraction for this problem. You have the Cast Member outside monitoring the line, he/she sees several people run across that open area and joins their friends/family in the line, and does nothing. My philosophy is, if you get out of line, for whatever reason (bathroom, food, etc) you forfeit your spot. If your family gets in line and you decide to get some food to "pass the time", then either your family waits for you, or you wait for them. The more people you let cut in front of you, that's more time you have to wait. They may justify it as just getting back with their party, but it's still line cutting nonetheless.

I know Six Flags and all theme parks have always had this rule, but it looks like Six Flags employees are going to put their foot down on this one. I just wish Disneyland would do the same.

• Banned User

Re: Six Flags To Enforce Line Jumping/Holding Spots...Why Not Disneyland?

heck, even busch gardens enforces line jumpers...
    (Willamsburger's says it in line, while tampa's says it on maps)

• Banned User

We had our spots saved up in the front of "X" with a few friends and we were walking in the line and a Security Gaurd topped us. And we got passed because were arguing on how we were getting singled out. I'm glad they are enforcing it, just like they did to us. (We were not cutting by the way.)

I've never had that problem, maybe its not that big an issue, if someone jumps in front of you tell them to get out of line or you'll call security, that should get em movin.

• Dreams do come true

I go to the park all the time, it never really bugs me, things that really bug me ,
    1. smoking sections-as an ex-smoker and a parent I say ban all smoking in the park. If you really need to smoke go out front, even from toon town you could make it out in less then 10 mins
    2.people who can figure out how to park, even when a CM is guiding you into a spot.
    3.When the Timon lot is full
    4.Going home

Going home always sucks why cant they do something about that !!

• It's all nonsense

Six Flags is also on the verge of closing...why not Disneyland?

• Minion

I don't see this happening in Disneyland to the extent that such enforcement is needed. Yes, its needed at six-flags.
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

I don't mind it if people just got split up. When they are no where near each other it really makes me mad. If the line is over 1 hour I am also very understanding. Anything under that keep your party together.
    Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.

• Keepin' it calsteady

Line jumping and "excuse me"-ing are little annoyances that let the real world creep into The Happiest Place on Earth. I wish everyone at Disneyland would respect it and honor it. My biggest pet peeve is the group of teenagers who all have to impress one another with how cool they are. It makes me so happy to have left that part of my life behind me!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doofy View Post
    I don't mind it if people just got split up. When they are no where near each other it really makes me mad. If the line is over 1 hour I am also very understanding. Anything under that keep your party together.
    If the line is over an hour and 2 people are in front of me and a few more join them cause they didnt want to wait...that is when I get upset.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by InnerSpace View Post
    So, Six Flags is finally putting their foot down and enforcing line jumping/holding spots...also including no foul language, no inappropriate clothing, etc. My question is, why not Disneyland?

Nothing (besides people smoking outside smoking areas) bugs me more than having a couple of teenagers, and even adults saying, "Excuse me, my family's up there", "My friends are up there", or just "Excuse me." Well, no, you're not excused! I hate it when people are on their phones, talking to people and telling them to come and join them in line, then they yell out the person's name, "Over here!!!" On attractions like Thunder Mountain, California Screamin', and Matterhorn Bobsleds, you see people always climbing over rails, flower beds, chains, just so they can join or rejoin their party (and they always have churros in their hands). Space Mountain is the worst attraction for this problem. You have the Cast Member outside monitoring the line, he/she sees several people run across that open area and joins their friends/family in the line, and does nothing. My philosophy is, if you get out of line, for whatever reason (bathroom, food, etc) you forfeit your spot. If your family gets in line and you decide to get some food to "pass the time", then either your family waits for you, or you wait for them. The more people you let cut in front of you, that's more time you have to wait. They may justify it as just getting back with their party, but it's still line cutting nonetheless.

I know Six Flags and all theme parks have always had this rule, but it looks like Six Flags employees are going to put their foot down on this one. I just wish Disneyland would do the same.

I feel your scorn and accept it, but I'm sure it's a far worse problem at Six Flags which has minimal security and gang bangers gone wild. With fewer families there, they feel that they can get away with everything.

At Disneyland, it's Security's job to enforce the rules of the land. Cast Members are there to report problems and fix them if able, but it's not up to them to single people out and tell them to get in the back of the line unless they were nearby. An act like that could possibly ruin a nice family's day at the park and even those around them. Remember, we're all guests and should be treated as such.

But I agree though, some people take advantage of saving spots in line and they should be spoken to. It's also our job as caring Disneyland guests to report these acts when we see them and not take it upon ourselves to correct.

You don't know how often I wanted to pour a bucket of water on someone smoking outside of their area (or smoking in general). But really... some people honestly don't know of the new policy nor do they ever read the guide books.

I'm sure this is a situation that cast members are aware of and prevent when possible, because I have seen kids get busted or caught before. Disneyland is just that environment where some feel a bit too comfortable perhaps.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Its not too much of a problem at DL. I guess they just expect ppl to be honest and whatnot...which is kinda how it should be, and if there are line jumpers...just tell them they shouldnt do it! and if they still dont wise up...let them have thier way. Its just like traffic: statistically speaking, weaving and passsing cars doesnt really reduce your travel time...AND shame on them.

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• official corn dog taster

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    We had our spots saved up in the front of "X" with a few friends and we were walking in the line and a Security Gaurd topped us. And we got passed because were arguing on how we were getting singled out. I'm glad they are enforcing it, just like they did to us. (We were not cutting by the way.)
    sounds like cutting to me

• Yeah...I'm cool

What about when we get to Peter Pan, when we notice our baby has had an accident in her diaper. When My wife and out 2 other children get in line while I change her, is this considered Cutting?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast