Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

3rd attraction in NOS... What would you want?

One of the pet projects I have is a DRR station near Hungry Bear, which makes the NOS station a bit redundant. Being one of the most popular lands, it seems that the backstage area could be restructured, and with the former station area free, you could add a third ride there.

But... what would you build? What other stories would you tell about the New Orleans area?
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• LoisAlene

Some sort of dark ride that puts you both into a hurricane and into the heart of Mardi Gras. Other than that, I'm not sure How else you'd represent the spirit of New Orleans!
    Great idea, though. That area could use another Good ride. Emphasis on Good.

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• The one, the only...

I hope that this is not redunant, but what about a cajun themed alligator band? They could be as interesting as Country Bears were. This time, though, how about four different shows. Then when you entered you did not know which show you were going to see?
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Official Mice Chat person

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    I hope that this is not redunant, but what about a cajun themed alligator band? They could be as interesting as Country Bears were. This time, though, how about four different shows. Then when you entered you did not know which show you were going to see?
    That would be sweet! I can see it happening.

• Rainicorn.

Gosh... that would be hard... I can't think of anything to put in NOS... I'll get back to you.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

I know HM and PotC are already "dark" rides, but it would be fun to see something mysterious and creepy that had to do with voodoo.

Maybe it could be part of an overall, lighter ride about the history of New Orleans, complete with a Mardi Gras celebration at the end.

• Minion

Having just recently visited the actual New Orleans, I can say that while Cajun culture is definitely felt (and tasted) in New Orleans, the local culture of New Orleans itself is much more Creole than Cajun. It's probably for this reason that there's not much Cajun culture in evidence at the Park already. Not to say that that idea about singing Cajun alligators isn't a bad idea (it's actually pretty good!), just not sure if it'd really fit that well in New Orleans Square (it'd be perfect for Critter Country, though - since the existing Southern culture of Splash Mountain is already in evidence, I'd suggest moving Pooh out and some singing Cajun alligators in to the old Country Bear Jamboree spot).

Honestly, although it sounds a little repetitive given the number of the train rides already in the Park, a dark ride featuring, say, a runaway or haunted New Orleans streetcar (a Voodoo Streetcar?) would make some sense (they still have running streetcars in New Orleans), but again, I'm not sure there'd be enough room for such an attraction in NOS, not to mention its repetitiveness (another train ride?). New Orleans is actually pretty well represented already. I'm not really sure much more could be added without seeming to be superfluous.
    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Momzilla59
    Some sort of dark ride that puts you both into a hurricane and into the heart of Mardi Gras. Other than that, I'm not sure How else you'd represent the spirit of New Orleans!
    Great idea, though. That area could use another Good ride. Emphasis on Good.
    Yeah, you can tell I've spent too much time in New Orleans. My first thought when I read this was... A Disney ride about an alcoholic drink?

But yeah, that might be a cool idea, especially if they take the Livin' with the Land approach and make you really feel the elements at play.

Of course, as I'm writing this, it also reminded me of Devil's Bayou from the Rescuers. You could do some fun stuff with that I think, but it might be too similar to the beginning of PotC...

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ModHatter
    Yeah, you can tell I've spent too much time in New Orleans. My first thought when I read this was... A Disney ride about an alcoholic drink?

Quote Originally Posted by ModHatter
    Of course, as I'm writing this, it also reminded me of Devil's Bayou from the Rescuers. You could do some fun stuff with that I think, but it might be too similar to the beginning of PotC...
    *forehead smack* That's actually pretty good! True, though - the similarities with PotC might be a bit obvious..... I'm intrigued by the voodoo connection, though, that aspect of New Orleans hasn't really been explored much.
    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob66
    I'm intrigued by the voodoo connection, though, that aspect of New Orleans hasn't really been explored much.
    Maybe find a way to use those old concepts for the Museum of the Weird?

Again, you have to be careful not to step on the toes of Haunted Mansion, but I think it could be fun.

-- Walt Disney

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries
    How about Bourbon street during Mardi Gras. We could have drunks urinating on the buildings and women flashing their boobies for beads. I would go just for the boobies.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• The one, the only...

More on Cajun 'Gators

I believe that mine is a good idea. (Of course since I thought of it! ) Here is expanding the idea a bit.

The alligators can complain that they get no respect. They are a misunderstood and oppressed race. One can say, "We aren't like those cute b-e-a-r-sss! Everyone wants a stuffed bear to sleep with. Who sleeps with a stuffed alligator? All they want to do with us is make shoes out of us!"

I would like to see dancing 'gators, singing 'gators, and 'gator musicians. I can see female gators dressed with heavy makeup and frilly dresses. Baby 'gators who are just as ugly as their parents.

If is was in NOS, the gators can make fun of them not being "good enough" for those stuck up, New Orleans people. That might explain why they are stuck back behind everything.

Walt said that Disneyland would be a place where both kids and adults can have fun together. Too many new rides and attractions are not made for kids to enjoy. This is the kind of attraction that all can enjoy! I liked the bears too, but I don't like repeating ourselves. Let's move forward with an even better attraction than CBJ.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• șoș Tom șoș

I love this area far too much to clutter it up with another ride...with the already over abudent crowds in the area, I would prefer nothing new just improvements on the the area.

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries
    Die gator band die. Disney is warm and cuddkym sheesh.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    I love this area far too much to clutter it up with another ride...with the already over abudent crowds in the area, I would prefer nothing new just improvements on the the area.
    Wow, I've heard of ODV being clutter, but a new attraction?

As for crowds, those are caused largely by 1) Fantasmic and its cluttering levels, and 2) the Critter Country bottleneck. Building a new train station near Hungry Bear will definitely help relieve some of this congestion. Replacing the NOS station with another good people-eater could actually alleviate even more of the congestion

-- Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast