Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: So if this Harry Potter rumor pans out. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Hehe, imagine a Harry Potter attraction at Six Flags (owned by time warner)
    The Six Flags parks are no longer owned by Time Warner. They are owned by Six Flags, Inc. which used to be Premier Parks.

I'm not sure how I would feel about Harry Potter at the Disney parks. Indiana Jones and Star Wars are Lucas, not Paramount and Fox. I don't think many associate the Harry Potter films with Warner Brothers so much as they do Rowling. I guess it would all really come down to proper execution.

Harry Potter would be a big thing for a lot of fans to have, but it does not go with any of the park themes.

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by Espacie Montana View Post
    Harry Potter would be a big thing for a lot of fans to have, but it does not go with any of the park themes.
    Nor is he going to be there since Jim Hill made all of this up anyway.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

The Leaky Cauldron reports this as totally false:

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/in...articleID=9149

"No Truth" in Potter Disney Park Rumors
    J.K. Rowling

Posted by: Melissa Anelli - October 17, 2006, 8:57 am

Representatives for J.K. Rowling have denied yesterday's report that J.K. Rowling was in talks with Disney for a Harry Potter theme park. Jim Hill Media yesterday reported that Jo had signed a "letter of intent" stating an intent to do business with Disney; a spokesperson has told TLC there is "no truth" in that report.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Just some more misjimformation.

I trust Mugglenet. In my honest opinion, I find a lot of what Jim Hill writes to be completely preposterous, especially since none of it ever comes true.
    LOL @ "misjimformation" that is the best new word of the year. I suggest we add this to every-day-language since it seems to be true all the time.

• Banned User

Jim got it partly right, a letter of intent was signed. But it wasn't signed for Disney.

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by captsmith84 View Post
    Jim got it partly right, a letter of intent was signed. But it wasn't signed for Disney.
    hmmm...captsmith84 says it wasn't for disney eh? Maybe Universal?

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hi...0/20/6345.aspx

So -- faced with a denial like that -- am I now going to change my story?
    No.
    There is a letter of intent, folks. I'm certain of it.
    As to why I'm certain ... I can't say any more without revealing who my sources on this story actually are. And I'm not going to do that because ... Well, if I did that, I'd wind up destroying a friend's career. And I'm not going do that just so I can prove to a bunch of Harry Potter fans that what I posted on Monday is actually true.

• Disabled Guest Pro

Sorry -

I had posted the folowing to a new thread because I didnt know that this thread already existed.

Disney - Harry Potter Attraction?
    According to Screamscape.com (referencing Jim Hill Media) Disney has entered into discussions and early design concepts for a possible Harry Potter attraction in the future.

[FONT='Times New Roman', Times, Serif]Disney - (10/19/06) According to the latest post on Jim Hill Media, Disney has managed to get the author of the Harry Potter books (J.K. Rowling) to sign a “letter in intent” to allow Disney to proceed with some initial design work on possible Harry Potter based theme park attractions. This doesn’t mean something is on the way of course... only that after months of negotiations she is willing to give Disney a chance to impress her and pitch some ideas.
    [/font]

What are your thoughts on this? Good? Bad? Not Sure?

What are your thoughts for a good use of Harry Potter for an attraction?

•   
    • Minion

The rumor doesn't make any sense to even being more than just a pipe dream...

1. Time/Warner and Scholastic isn't going to give up their rights for HP for all the tea in china...

2. Time/Warner's already has an existing cross-promotion contract with Six Flags. Any contract with Disney would violate the Six Flags contract.

3. If I was Disney, I would be interested in J. K. Rowling mearly because she is at the end of the HP series, and with it her contract with Scholastic... Wouldn't you her writing talent for Hyperion? (Not that Scholastic is a bad company - right now HP is everything that is going good with Scholastic...) I am sure she would respond to inquiries... But that doesn't mean ANYTHING...

Bottom line - HP ain't coming to Disney, today, tomorrow, next year, or for several decades... Mr. Hill has been sniffing glue again reporting something as being more important that it is... Shame...
    Check out my other blog:

• Donald's #1 Fan

I don't know who I think is the source of more misinformation: Matt Drudge or Jim Hill.

• decorating

She could pull off having a Harry Potter Land of her own, its so popular.

• Earth Intruder

The other thing that doesn't make sense in all of this is, why would Disney want to have a Harry Potter attraction? It seems odd that they'd want to promote something when they aren't taking a cut of the books, movies or merchandise?

Of course, the same could be said for the George Lucas properties at Disneyland, so perhaps someone could enlighten us as to how the George Lucas deals are structured. What is "in it" for Disney other than a cool attraction to promote?

Also I'm wondering if a contract like this would interfere with Clive Barker's Abarat series contract with Disney...
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Minion FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound View Post
    The rumor doesn't make any sense to even being more than just a pipe dream...

1. Time/Warner and Scholastic isn't going to give up their rights for HP for all the tea in china...

2. Time/Warner's already has an existing cross-promotion contract with Six Flags. Any contract with Disney would violate the Six Flags contract.

3. If I was Disney, I would be interested in J. K. Rowling mearly because she is at the end of the HP series, and with it her contract with Scholastic... Wouldn't you her writing talent for Hyperion? (Not that Scholastic is a bad company - right now HP is everything that is going good with Scholastic...) I am sure she would respond to inquiries... But that doesn't mean ANYTHING...

Bottom line - HP ain't coming to Disney, today, tomorrow, next year, or for several decades... Mr. Hill has been sniffing glue again reporting something as being more important that it is... Shame...
    cellerhound, although I completely agree w/ your bottom line, you have a fundamental error: Time-Warner only owns the movies rights, Scholastic owns
    the book rights. To the best of my knowledge, JK Rowlings still owns the theme
    park rights. So Time-Warner's legal agreements w/ Six Flags has no bearing
    on this issue.

But I still agree with your bottom line: at this time, HP isn't likely to
    come to any WDC park.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
    The other thing that doesn't make sense in all of this is, why would Disney want to have a Harry Potter attraction? It seems odd that they'd want to promote something when they aren't taking a cut of the books, movies or merchandise?

Of course, the same could be said for the George Lucas properties at Disneyland, so perhaps someone could enlighten us as to how the George Lucas deals are structured. What is "in it" for Disney other than a cool attraction to promote?

Also I'm wondering if a contract like this would interfere with Clive Barker's Abarat series contract with Disney...

Good question about why Disney would want to get in bed with the Potter franchise, but at least with George Lucas, he was a big fan of the park since his youth. He knew that Disney was the ONLY company at the time that could possibly do his properties justice in a theme park environment.

Let's take a look at all the George Lucas involvements with Disney real quick shall we?

1. Captain Eo (1986) -- Lucas had such a good time making this 3D spectacular that he agreed to work on a Star Wars attraction with the imagineers. Debut at Epcot, 6 days before Disneyland.

2. Star Tours (1987) -- Though the film projection is lacking, the ride is still a favorite among majority of guests. Plus it gave millions a chance to see 3PO and R2-D2 in person. Debut at Disneyland

3. Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular (1989) -- Opened at the then MGM Disney Studios, based mainly on sequences from Raiders of the Lost Ark.

4. Indiana Jones and the Tempil of Peril (1993) -- Disneyland Paris' mine car adventure even goes backwards now! Or something.

5. Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye (1995) -- Biggest ride at Disneyland since Pirates of the Caribbean.

6. ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter (1995) -- Florida's Tomorrowland attraction now Stitch's Great Escape.

7. Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Crystal Skull (2001) -- Opened at Tokyo Disney Seas

Not sure how close of a hand he had with all of those attractions but that's still a lot of stuff that's connected to his name. Lucas definitely has a 'Disney'esque mind set in how he likes to do things so I think that's why there were so many attractions made.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast