Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Official Mice Chat person

Quote Originally Posted by TheManator
    You people pay $9.50? Sheesh, I pay $5 a person for the movies here, that's with tax included!
    Yeah, same here.

About the article: The new Star Tours ride sounds like it will be awsome!

• Banned User

I'll wait till it comes out on DVD before I watch it. Clones was such a disappointment; even thought the Clone Wars series on CN is great and has made me happy, I doubt this movie can undo the damage of Ep VI, I, and II.

• Banned User

I think you guys should rewatch Episode I & II again. They werent nearly as bad as people make them out to be.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    I think you guys should rewatch Episode I & II again. They werent nearly as bad as people make them out to be.
    You're right.

They're worse.

• Reaver of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    I've watched the DVDs several times. I have them ripped onto a memorystick so I can watch them on my PSP. And yes, they ARE as bad as people make them out to be.

Don't misunderstand, they're not bad movies, they're just terrible Star Wars movies, if you take my meaning. They're just sub-par for the franchise. You know a movie is bad when the combined presense of Liam Neeson and Ray Park can't save it...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver
    I've watched the DVDs several times. I have them ripped onto a memorystick so I can watch them on my PSP. And yes, they ARE as bad as people make them out to be.

Don't misunderstand, they're not bad movies, they're just terrible Star Wars movies, if you take my meaning. They're just sub-par for the franchise. You know a movie is bad when the combined presense of Liam Neeson and Ray Park can't save it...
    You know, they should have just let Ray Park voice Darth Maul instead of Pete Serafinowicz doing his voice; don't get me wrong, he's a great actor, but Ray Park, imo, has a better voice for Maul than Serafinowicz did.

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Jack
    Actually they are NOT nearly as popular, if you look at the box office figures after adjustment for inflation, they are much less popular then they once were....

Rank /Title / Inflation Adj / Original

2 Star Wars Fox $1,113,247,500 $460,998,007 1977
    12 The Empire Strikes Back $613,629,000 $290,475,067 1980
    14 Return of the Jedi Fox $587,871,300 $309,306,177 1983
    19 Star Wars: Episode I Fox $530,138,300 $431,088,301 1999
    80 Star Wars: Episode II Fox $334,177,900 $310,676,740 2002
    This is largely a skewed satistic based on the fact that Lucas himself limited the number of screen Episode II could be shown on based on the capacity of the theatre to project in digital format.

These number do not take into account a vast difference the perception of the popular viewing format as DVDs and Pay-Per-View dramatically cut into total admissions at theatres. If you could add the sales of VCR sales to the first three (respectavilly) and then add DVD, VHS and Pay-Per-View to the last two you would see it is moving uphill. Also take into account video games sales, toys sales, tie-ins, and other cross-marketing.

See also this thread about Soderbergh's reaction to DVD and Pay-Per-View for Example

Despite being pandered these films have done financially as well if not better than there predessors. Popularity is on the rise.

• All you need is LOVE

Quote Originally Posted by Dirton
    Getting married May 21st!
    Going to Disneyland May 22nd!

As goes Disneyland, so goes the rest of the empire... .

Thought I would Say congrats and GoodLuck.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TheManator
    You people pay $9.50? Sheesh, I pay $5 a person for the movies here, that's with tax included!
    But you also live in Oklahoma. Many of these folks live in California, and theater ticket prices are higher (L.A. has a large number of high quality theaters, though).
    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob66
    But you also live in Oklahoma. Many of these folks live in California, and theater ticket prices are higher (L.A. has a large number of high quality theaters, though).
    I might live here, but I don't like it.
    (t-minus 15 months till I move to Central Florida)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12