Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Get Roy to Disneyland or Bust!!!!

Okay everyone- time to do what we can to get Roy to Disneyland on July 17th!!

I have written letters to Roy, Matt Ouimet and Bob Iger. But my letters probably won’t have much impact on their own. Maybe if we all write and let then know how we feel, we can accomplish this.

I only ask this in writing your letters- please be positive. Dustysage told me that in order to get anywhere with Disney we should be as non-threatening and positive as possible, or their likely to do the opposite of what we ask. And I agree. I will post my own letters if anyone needs ideas on what to write. And I know that many of you are very creative and can come up with ways to inspire Matt and Bob to invite Roy and inspire Roy to accept.

Contact info:

Roy E. Disney
    I spoke personally with Roy’s assistant. She encouraged me to send Roy emails through www.savedisney.com. I asked her for an actual email address, but she said he is more likely to get emails through the website than anything else. You can email him Here .
    Or you can write to:
    Roy E. Disney
    4444 Lakeside Drive
    Burbank, CA 91505

I had a very difficult time finding email addresses for both Matt Ouimet and Bob Iger. I called several numbers and searched the internet, coming up with nothing. So I only have physical addresses. However, I think a pile of letters would be more effective anyway, so hopefully lots of you can take the time to do that.

Robert A. Iger
    500 Buena Vista Street
    Burbank CA 91521
    Fax: (818) 560-5960

I got this address from Guest Relations
    Matt Ouimet
    P.O. Box 3232
    Anaheim, CA 92803

Roy belongs at the festivities on July 17th, I think most of us agree on that. So let’s get him there!!
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

My Letter To Roy

Dear Mr. Disney:

July 17 is getting nearer and nearer, but there is still no word that you will be at Disneyland to celebrate her 50th birthday! I find myself wondering if the celebration will mean as much without you. Your absence will be tragic to many of us Disney fans.

Your own words on www.savedisney.com are, “Having been present on Opening Day, July 17, 1955, it will be sad for me not to be around for this momentous piece of history, and certainly this July I'll feel a pretty strong pang of nostalgia.” We will feel that pain right along with you. You and your beautiful wife Patty belong there, more than just about anyone else. I imagine it would mean a lot to you both, since you announced your engagement on July 16 and spent your first day as an engaged couple at Opening Day.

This momentous occasion will not be the same without you! Who could read Walt’s opening speech besides you? No one else has the same understanding of his vision and the same passion for his dream.

You said in an interview in Fortune Magazine, “[The Walt Disney Company] is in people’s hearts, people’s souls.” That sentiment includes not only the company; it includes the Disney family, and it includes you.

We Disney fans are aware of the unfortunate disagreements between you and some of the people currently running The Walt Disney Company. We hope that these rifts won’t stop you from continuing to be an important part of Disneyland’s history. I believe Walt meant for family to always be an important part of his company. And family should be there for this most important day to Disneyland and her fans.

Please consider sharing this day with us. After all, this is Disneyland’s Happiest Homecoming, and what is home without family?

With sincerity and respect,

Stacy
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

My letter to both Matt and Bob

Dear (Bob or Matt):

Disneyland's 50th birthday celebration has been more amazing and
    spectacular than any of us imagined. The improvements
    that have been made to the park have been
    overwhelmingly beautiful. The new fireworks and
    parade are the best yet. Everything has been exactly
    what Disneyland deserves - she is practically glowing!
    The only thing missing is the Disney family.

I believe that Walt would want his family to be there
    to celebrate such a momentous occasion. And I know
    that Disneyland's most loyal and loving fans feel the
    pain of this absence. So far, you have done an
    amazing job giving us the most wonderful
    celebration imaginable, but there is just
    something missing.

We all know about the unfortunate problems between Roy
    E. Disney and some members of The Walt Disney Company.
    We only hope that these rifts can be mended, even if
    only for the purpose of celebrating Disneyland's
    Happiest Homecoming. Many of us do, in fact, consider
    Disneyland home. And what is home without family?

Please consider doing what you can to have Mr. Disney
    be a part of the festivities on July 17. It would
    mean so much to Disneyland fans like me.

Thank you more than I can say,

Stacy
    Last edited by TinkPink; 05-10-2005 at 01:30 PM. Reason: insert final draft

• ...the legend

Blog Entries
    Fantastic Tink!
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Great job, I will send my letters off
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Hooterville, USA

Keep the faith, our persistence might pay off! C'mon Roy, show us some magic!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Banned User

I personally think Roy is bad for Disney. I think he needs to get a refill of Geodon and start listening to what he is saying. Keep him out of the parks until he gets his condition under control.

• Que que no-tu-rah.

Great idea Tink! I do believe! I do!

My letter will be sent momentarily.
    What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?

• Banned User

Do you people REALLY think that letters from a few Disney enthusiests is really going to have an effect whether or not Roy is going to attend Disney in any sort of official and public fashion? Not bloody likely, but if false hope is what you want, then that's what you'll have.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TheManator
    I personally think Roy is bad for Disney. I think he needs to get a refill of Geodon and start listening to what he is saying. Keep him out of the parks until he gets his condition under control.

You did it again... That avatar of Eisner is freaking me out...

Any chance he will retire sooner rather than later? You know, before Roy takes him to court, so he can lock in his fluffy retirement benifits?

I want Eisner gone... I want see nor hear no more of the man...

As for Roy...

Roy said it himself, no Disney should be on the board simply because of a birthright... and he himself turned down an oportunity by shareholders to re-enstate him on the Board of directors... I think you should give Roy more credit than you do... But you cannot cut out a family from a company that shares it's name... It didn't just start with a mouse... It started with a man drawing a mouse...

Like I said on another thread, Roy doesn't say one thing in public and then does something else... We know exactly how Roy feels about Eisner... I give him credit for integrety, honesty, and bravery... That is more credit than I can offer Eisner...

Eisner said that he would quit if he didn't have Roy's support... Well he lost it, and it is time for Eisner to be a man of his word and quit... And from company history Eisner has shown himself to be trecherous, waffling about wether or not he said things... And is willing to stab people in the back, rather than broker a peace...
    Check out my other blog:

• Kirbyshowcase.com

Do you people REALLY think that letters from a few Disney enthusiests is really going to have an effect whether or not Roy is going to attend Disney in any sort of official and public fashion? Not bloody likely, but if false hope is what you want, then that's what you'll have.
    Im going to tell you what I told the annoying teens that kept splashing me on POTC, "shut up, and quit splashing me."
    (insert funny comment here)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Remus
    Im going to tell you what I told the annoying teens that kept splashing me on POTC, "shut up, and quit splashing me."

Just rocking the boat. Have a little fun and get wet.

I seriously think Roy has some sort of mental condition. Hell, am I the only one that thinks maybe Roy has a bit of his pieces missing inside that Disney skull of his?

• Hooterville, USA

I seriously think Roy has some sort of mental condition. Hell, am I the only one that thinks maybe Roy has a bit of his pieces missing inside that Disney skull of his?
    I think Roy has passion, and that's the best part of His nature. If Eisner had what Roy has, there would be no squabble. Consider me a Roy fan, and I will write even if it doesn't matter. I believe.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Banned User

Passion?! You call what he is doing passion? I just think that this is a grudge. Roy doesn't like Mikey, so Roy throws a hissy fit because he isn't getting his way. No one should use Walt's name in vein. We don't really know what Walt would like. I mean, would anyone like it if people starting suggesting that Walt would side with Mikey if he were still around? We don't know.

• Minion

*grabs you by the lapels, throws you under the boat, and holds you there until you've inhaled a few lungfuls*

Hey, just having some fun. Enjoy the water! :devil:
    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast