Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Disneyland.com now lists the Candlelight Processional info and prices

www.disneyland.com/ap (and log in)

Check under special offers...

This year, Annual Passholders can experience the Disneyland® Resort's Candlelight Ceremony in a whole new light. The Resort is offering the opportunity to enjoy a special dinner at one of six restaurants at the Resort, followed by premium seating of this year's Candlelight Ceremony in Disneyland® Park, Saturday, December 2 and Sunday, December 3, 2006. There will be two shows per night, 5:30 PM and 8:00 PM.

The ceremony, which has been a Disneyland® Park tradition for over 45 years, will feature a 600-member choir accompanied by the Disneyland® Orchestra, along with a celebrity Guest Narrator who will retell the story of "The First Christmas" in a powerful tapestry of narrative and music.

Napa Rose

Annual Passholder Exclusive

Napa Rose is the Resort's crown jewel of fine dining, serving dishes inspired by legendary Napa Valley cuisine. Delight in fine dining at its finest, plus breathtaking views into Disney's California Adventure® Park. Guests will enjoy our four-course Vintner's Menu, a seasonal selection of the best Chef Andrew Sutton and our Napa Rose Culinary Team have to offer. Non-alcoholic beverages are included.

There will be two seatings, 3:30 p.m. (for the 5:30 p.m. show) and 5:30 p.m. (for the 8:00 p.m. show). Price per person is $125. This package is an Annual Passholder exclusive.

Granville's Steak House, Yamabuki, or The Vineyard Room

Select among Granville's, which combines the traditions of the great American Steak House with elegant fine-dining, The Vineyard Room, featuring gourmet California cuisine, or the newly redesigned Yamabuki, where California style meets Japanese tradition.

Your Candlelight Dinner package will feature a menu of specially selected items from which to choose! Participating restaurants will embrace the spirit of the evening like never before, exclusively offering some of their most popular dishes — served up with an unprecedented touch of Candlelight magic!

Guests will enjoy a three-course meal. Non-alcoholic beverages are included. Price per person is $75.

Hook's Pointe or Storytellers Café

Choose between Hook's Pointe, famous for mesquite-grilled favorites and a comfortable setting overlooking the lush grounds of the Disneyland® Hotel, or the cozy environment of Storytellers Café, serving fresh and delicious American cuisine.

Guests will enjoy a three-course meal. Non-alcoholic beverages are included. Price per person is $50.

To register, please visit this page on November 5, 2006.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: Disneyland.com now lists the Candlelight Processional info and prices

Thanks for the heads up, Darkbeer!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Thanks also, DarkBeer. I would love to see this event for what would be the first time in 25 years for me. But I wouldn't want to do it without some sort of reserved seating. I hope to be there this year!

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Banned User

So does the price include dinner?

• Thurl,gone,not forgotten

I'm there this year.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    So does the price include dinner?
    The Original Post prices includes the Dinner, dessert and a reserved seat to the CP.

They do not include admission to the park, that has to be bought seperately....

Hi, I have never gone to a Candlelight Processional, but am thinking of doing it this year. Where does the actual Processional take place? And can you get tickets without the dinner package, or do you just have to go early and reserve seats?

Thanks!

-Alisa

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, Darkbeer!
    Ditto.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    The Original Post prices includes the Dinner, dessert and a reserved seat to the CP.

They do not include admission to the park, that has to be bought seperately....
    Wow then I'm there with the $50 set up.. I just wish I knew the who the speaker is!

• Shubisha

Is it taking place in town square or fantasyland theater this year?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmic! View Post
    Hi, I have never gone to a Candlelight Processional, but am thinking of doing it this year. Where does the actual Processional take place? And can you get tickets without the dinner package, or do you just have to go early and reserve seats?

Thanks!

-Alisa
    The only way he General Public can get tickets is by purchasing a Dinner package.

Disney does distribute some tickets to a select group of VIP's and sponsors, plus some performers get tickets for family and friends.

So if you do not get a ticket, you can wait for a few seats (obstructed view) that are first come, first serve, or a standing room area behind the seats. This area is very popular, and people gather early, but it is hard to enforce who was first until after the second parade of the day (which is held early to allow set-up of the seats in Town Square.)

The Actual Processional starts by the First Aid area, walks up Main Street, then uses the entire Main Street Train Station as the stage for the actual reading of the Christmas Story, and the Choir performing.

The Train Station starts using one of the exit stairs as its entrance on Friday to allow for the setup of the Stage in the entrance area.

Then the train stops running during the performances to not interupt the music.

Here is an Photo Album featuring last year's CP....

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1014738

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    Is it taking place in town square or fantasyland theater this year?
    No way it will be held in the Fantasyland Theater this year, very few seats remain in the area.

It will require a new place for the choir to gather and practice. Last Year, they performed at Town Square, but did a few rehearsals in the Fantasyland Theater.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    The only way he General Public can get tickets is by purchasing a Dinner package.

Disney does distribute some tickets to a select group of VIP's and sponsors, plus some performers get tickets for family and friends.

So if you do not get a ticket, you can wait for a few seats (obstructed view) that are first come, first serve, or a standing room area behind the seats. This area is very popular, and people gather early, but it is hard to enforce who was first until after the second parade of the day (which is held early to allow set-up of the seats in Town Square.)

The Actual Processional starts by the First Aid area, walks up Main Street, then uses the entire Main Street Train Station as the stage for the actual reading of the Christmas Story, and the Choir performing.

The Train Station starts using one of the exit stairs as its entrance on Friday to allow for the setup of the Stage in the entrance area.

Then the train stops running during the performances to not interupt the music.

Here is an Photo Album featuring last year's CP....

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1014738

Great, thanks for the info! One last question - I have an AP, but my boyfriend doesn't. Can I purchase a ticket for him to go to this event (obviously, assuming he would purchase a ticket to actually get into Disneyland for the day), even though he himself isn't a passholder? Thanks for all the great pictures!

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmic! View Post
    Great, thanks for the info! One last question - I have an AP, but my boyfriend doesn't. Can I purchase a ticket for him to go to this event (obviously, assuming he would purchase a ticket to actually get into Disneyland for the day), even though he himself isn't a passholder? Thanks for all the great pictures!
    Yes, passholders can buy tickets for everyone in their group, even other non-passholders.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I'm dreaming of a white christmas

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast