Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Miss Marvel

Thumbs up Annual Pass Parking Locations: A Question and Discovery

Anyone know why every time a go to the Lion King Lot, they let me in with my Annual Pass Parking benefit even though the website CLEARLY states the only annual pass parking is at the Mickey and Friends structure?

Why isn't important I suppose. But, YEA! I hate the structure. So those who want to try the Lion King Lot, they have let me in every time in the past.
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
    "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

• I'm your huckleberry.

Re: Annual Pass Parking Locations: A Question and Discovery

Out of curiosity, what don't you like about the M&F structure?

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

I think the idea is, they will only guarantee that you can park in the structure (as lion king is not always open). That way people won't complain that they paid to park in lion king, so it HAS to be open.....

• I met Walt Disney!

I would be interested to know if any other AP holders have been successful in using their parking pass in the Lion King lot.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Just wondering, if you know that with your pass youre supposed to park in M&F, why do you try and park elsewhere?
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by musiken View Post
    I would be interested to know if any other AP holders have been successful in using their parking pass in the Lion King lot.

I have a couple of times when happened to be on that side of the park and didn't feel like driving around. I've also been sent away from the Lion King lot and told to drive to M&F.

Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Miss Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbole View Post
    The traffic getting in and out I feel is worse than the Lion King Lot.

Also, I have the worst experiences with rude visitors on the escalators. Strollers running me over, kids pushing me, adults invading my personal space.... I know, small things to deal with in the grand scheme of things.

But, if I have my choice of parking options, I'd pick the big lot over the structures anyday. Besides the reasons mentioned, it just seems calmer. I am always calmer entering the park from the lot as opposed to the structure. The structure stresses me out.
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

• Miss Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    Just wondering, if you know that with your pass youre supposed to park in M&F, why do you try and park elsewhere?
    I just found out today, as of two minutes before I posted, that I was only suppose to park in M&F's. I just got my AP on Sept. 30th.

Call it ignorance. Although, when I bought the pass at the ticket booth, no one told me the parking rules.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd View Post
    Also, I have the worst experiences with rude visitors on the escalators. Strollers running me over, kids pushing me, adults invading my personal space.... I know, small things to deal with in the grand scheme of things.
    Wow, I've never had any of those experiences! That sucks. If I felt like you do, I'd probably want to park in the lot too!

• Miss Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by awesomemama View Post
    I think the idea is, they will only guarantee that you can park in the structure (as lion king is not always open). That way people won't complain that they paid to park in lion king, so it HAS to be open.....
    If that was the case, wouldn't they just say free parking, and not specify at all where you were to park? All you purchased then was the right to park in one of the Disney parking lots.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

1) The fact that there aren't nearly enough elevators or escalators, so even before your day begins you are almost guaranteed a very long walk (much longer, on average, than the walk in the old lot to a tram).

2) No elevators available, allegeldly, for those other than those with strollers (I hate the escalators)

3) At various times it can be much harder to get into and much harder to get out of.

Among the top reasons I despise the Mickey and Fiends structure...

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd View Post
    Anyone know why every time a go to the Lion King Lot, they let me in with my Annual Pass Parking benefit even though the website CLEARLY states the only annual pass parking is at the Mickey and Friends structure?

Why isn't important I suppose. But, YEA! I hate the structure. So those who want to try the Lion King Lot, they have let me in every time in the past.
    M&F provides good shelter from thunderstorm downpours and (most importantly) lightning, and prevents your car and its contents from cooking in the 107 degree heat and humidity of July 22-23, 2006. You should have seen all the guests scramble back into the structure from the tram waiting area when the storm rolled through that morning. I was glad I had somewhere to run where I didn't have to worry about getting struck by lightning.

• Miss Marvel

Wow, I've never had any of those experiences! That sucks. If I felt like you do, I'd probably want to park in the lot too!

I'm 5'2" and my husband's 5'10". I can't tell you enough how our experiences are different in large crowds. I'm below most adult's sight line. I get trampled frequently. Now kids...I'd go off on how kids aren't being taught manners these days, but that would be

So I won't.

• Miss Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Long Live Remember View Post
    I was glad I had somewhere to run where I didn't have to worry about getting struck by lightning.
    You just had to worry about the largest parking structure in the US getting hit by lightning.

• Still wants to be a cat!

They let you park in whatever Parking lot is open......they would prefer you just go to the Structure, but you don't have to. I've parked in Lion King quite often.....depending on the direction I'm coming from.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast