Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by Newseditor44
    I think you will all be pleasantly suprised and very happy with how it all works out... remember, this isn't the Pressler era anymore....
    I believe that!! I really do have faith in Disney. We have all been speculating and discussing what we think will and won't happen on the 17th. But none of us really have any idea- if we did it wouldn't be a surprise!
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Gumball Rally Godfather

How about Bob Gurr? He ONLY designed just about everything on wheels at Disneyland!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Official Mice Chat person

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones
    As little kids, the Osmonds performed at Disneyland as a barbershop quartet - which is where I think Andy Williams "discovered" them in the early 60's. Then at the peak of their fame, they returned to host Disneyland Showtime with Kurt Russell in 1970.
    Sweet, I was just wondering because My parents went to college with them. Cool to know that they got their career started in DL.

• Rainicorn.

I think anyone who was on the Disney Channel in the early 90s should be there, as well. If that doesn't cramp anyone's style.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Official Mice Chat person

Quote Originally Posted by robotpirates
    I think anyone who was on the Disney Channel in the early 90s should be there, as well. If that doesn't cramp anyone's style.
    DIsney Channel 90's rocked! Disney channel now is just another.. Nickelodion... with an occasionally good show. Oh how I wish the old days would come back! ahhhh.. the 90's. The days where you could watch Growing pains on Disney channel, or mr. magoo, and at night they showed the Mickey Mouse club. Sleepless nights always left me on Disney Channel... Okay, I'm exagerating a bit, but.. okay.. nvm.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFanaticBoy
    What about Thrul Ravensclaw.. or is he around ne more
    Thurl Ravenscroft is still alive, although I'm not quite sure if he's able to visit Disneyland at his age (he's 91 years old!). He'd be great to have back, though!
    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

• Rainicorn.

They should have Justin Timberlake, JC Chasez, Keri Russell, etc. there if they wanted to bring in lots of younger folks. Plus, MMC got them on the map.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFanaticBoy
    What about Thrul Ravensclaw.. or is he around ne more
    Thurl Ravenscroft is alive and well, living in Orange County, though others on that list have "gone on" to a "better place".

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by EmilyStrange
    What about Jodi Benson and Paige O'Hara?
    Ooh!! Bring on Ariel and Belle! I agree. Bring them there.

• CM for 4 years!

Too bad we can't have Marc Davis...

Is X Atencio still alive? He should definitely be there.

Kim Richards!

How can ya have Ike Eisenmann on the list and not Kim Richards! I had such a crush on her in 3rd grade. :sigh:

• Minion

>>Thurl Ravenscroft is alive and well, living in Orange County, though others on that list have "gone on" to a "better place".<<

I believe everyone on my list is alive and well. Any names?

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    I would love for there to be a homecoming for CMs who have been at DL or with the Walt Disney Company for 50 years.

I would like there to be a celebration of all the living Disney Legends on stage.

Have a presentation of people still alive who helped build Disneyland from the construction workers to the Imagineers to the painters to the people behind the scenes.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Minion

What about Rolly Crump, who, for one thing helped to design, Its a Small World, Tiki Room and Haunted Mansion? Legend has it that while he was working on the IASW model, he had the trees up on the roof, out of the way for a moment. Walt wanted to see where they were with the model and said, "Hey, I like those trees up there," (not knowing they where up there just to be out of the way while Rolly made some adjustments below). Now you know the rest of the story.

• Minion

All good suggestions, and here's a few more:

Virginia Davis
    Margaret Kerry
    June Foray
    Ilene Woods
    Mary Costa

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast