Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Carlarella
    I'm kind of surprised they aren't doing a big TV celebration either, like they did back when DL turned 30. Anyone else remember David Hasselhoff riding in on KITT and singing "Do You Love Me (Now That I Can Dance)" to Minnie Mouse? It may have been one of the defining moments of my childhood. How scary is that?
    I loved that special. I think I still have it on tape. John Forsythe cohosted. Marie Osmond sang a great rendition of Walking Right Down the Middle of Main Street USA. Yes a cheesy David Hasselhoff sang I think right by the carousel.

I don't think it would be that hard to put together. It could all be taped ahead of time except for the real 50th festivities and speeches. Even Art Linkletter can play a role. How cool would that be.

Thanks for bringing back some great memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandrocks55
    Sweet, I was just wondering because My parents went to college with them. Cool to know that they got their career started in DL.
    BYU? I went to BYU Best 4 years of my life!

Quote Originally Posted by Herc
    Marie Osmond sang a great rendition of Walking Right Down the Middle of Main Street USA.
    I know it's no illusion it's a dream that's here to stay? Any of you guys remember that sing-along-songs they did in Disneyland? That was rockin sweet huh. My favorite part was the Makin' Memories song... oooh and the Haunted Mansion part with Captain Hook and Donald Duck in a sheet? You can't get any geekier than that!

• Minion FOREVER!

My kids still watch that video! It has been a favorite for both of my kids (who are eight years apart). I have all those songs etched in my memory from the million times that we've seen it. :-)

• Travel-Sized Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Herc
    Yes a cheesy David Hasselhoff sang I think right by the carousel.
    Shows how much of a geek I am...Hasselhoff actually sang in front of the Tomorrowland Terrace (now the Club Buzz stage). ^^; It was Donna Summer who sang in front of the carousel ("She Works Hard For The Money"), actually. Scarily enough I still have that special laying about on BETA somewhere. o.o; Drew Barrymore co-hosted with John Forsythe in it too...gods she was so young in it. ^^;

Oh! and my favourite part of the show had to be the Pointer Sisters performing "The Neutron Dance" with the MSEP floats and TRON people!

• Lurker Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by MinionLumbo
    Thurl Ravenscroft is alive and well, living in Orange County, though others on that list have "gone on" to a "better place".
    In fact, here's a website devoted to him: All Things Thurl
    It's one of the first websites I discovered in 1996 after my first "real" trip to Disneyland (not counting a band trip in '84 or Grad Nite in '86).

• My laughing place

Quote Originally Posted by Newseditor44
    I think you will all be pleasantly suprised and very happy with how it all works out... remember, this isn't the Pressler era anymore....
    ok Newseditor..what do you know that the rest of us dont ? hmmm...?

• My laughing place

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    Disneylandrocks55: Go back to your Walt Disney Treasures: Disneyland DVD and watch the "Disneyland at night" show.

Oh, AND the 25th anniversary show (man, I love Danny Kaye!)
    Does anyone know if they have released the 25th anniversary show on DVD ? They could release it on the Disney Treasures set !!

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)
    I noticed that she was mentioned as part of a collective, but why not specifically say Annette?
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• Minion

Annette should top the list of attendees. If she is well enough to go - there is nothing her many fans would love more than to see her there. Annette used to proudly say she was at "every opening" at DL since opening day. She is most missed by all and should receive a gold-plated invitation no matter what. I love Annette. and the Mousketeers deserve some sort of special 50th Anniversary celebration of their own at the park to boot.

It's great to see the sharp 35mm DanceAnnette footage in the new Anniversary film at the park. Made me smile big!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123