Main Street Music

Tomorrow is my father-in-law's 82nd birthday and I was thinking about a time about 17 years ago when he came with us to Disneyland (actually he paid, so I guess we went with him). One of my fondest memories, and the start of my love for Disneyland, was walking with him all the way down Main Street towards the exit, lagging behind our family on our last day, singing along with Marty Robbins' El Paso. Today the thought struck me. Why were they playing that on Main Street? All they ever play now (I guess appropriately) are those turn-of-the-century type songs. Does anyone have any information about how Disneyland used to choose or provide the music on Main Street so that my fond memory can make sense again?

Re: Main Street Music

All I know is that I absolutely LOVE the Main Street music loop. It's the one I hear when I KNOW I've made it to Disneyland!

But since when have you been visiting? Do you remember anything different than the current loop?

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by nemopoppins View Post
    Tomorrow is my father-in-law's 82nd birthday and I was thinking about a time about 17 years ago when he came with us to Disneyland (actually he paid, so I guess we went with him). One of my fondest memories, and the start of my love for Disneyland, was walking with him all the way down Main Street towards the exit, lagging behind our family on our last day, singing along with Marty Robbins' El Paso. Today the thought struck me. Why were they playing that on Main Street? All they ever play now (I guess appropriately) are those turn-of-the-century type songs. Does anyone have any information about how Disneyland used to choose or provide the music on Main Street so that my fond memory can make sense again?
    If you want to research the music, the place to start is at the Disney Music Loops page - the official URL is http://www.disneymusicloops.com/ which will forward you to the real pages at whaleweb.com

17 years ago would be about 1989, so you would want the 1971-1992 loop info.

But Marty Robbins' "El Paso" isn't on there - are you sure you weren't humming the Frontierland Background Loop? That's the only place that song would fit the theming properly, it would be way wrong on Main Street USA.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

I know, Bruce, that's why I am stumped. I am sure it was on while we were walking out of the park down Main Street. But how and why? Aargh! I've happily thought of that moment many times before but it wasn't until last night that I realized something was amiss. I've just got to find an explanation. Thank you for the link. I'll check it out. Who knows what I'll stumble upon in my search. This is a mystery and I can use all the help I can get.

Hi guys - without looking at any other link, I can tell you that much of the background music on Main Street is from the Paragon Ragtime Orchestra. I have the same CDs!

I have always thought the 14-piece PRO would be perfect at Disneyland. I would love, love, love to see them play a concert there. Imagine how delighted I was when I was at the park a couple of years ago and heard their music on the background loop!

The PRO plays period music as closely as possible to the style used in the late-19th and early 20th centuries. If you love classical ragtime, you will love them.
    okerry

• It's all about Theme!

First of all, the music was avalible on the Disneyland Forever CD's which are now long gone. Second, the Disney World loop, similar to the one at Disneyland are avalible at Mousegeeks.com.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Know More Than You Should

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    First of all, the music was avalible on the Disneyland Forever CD's which are now long gone. Second, the Disney World loop, similar to the one at Disneyland are avalible at Mousegeeks.com.
    Actually, the Main Street Loops for Disneyland and Disney World are exactly the same, as are the christmas loops.

As for why they would play that on Main Street; I haven't a clue.

• Shubisha

Quote Originally Posted by Club 33 View Post
    Actually, the Main Street Loops for Disneyland and Disney World are exactly the same, as are the christmas loops.

As for why they would play that on Main Street; I haven't a clue.

the main street loops are not exactly the same. i forget the specific differences and will ask my friend and post them, but there are definitely different song selections for parts of it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Just look at Bruce's post in this topic (#4)

It gives a link to the various loops of music at all Disney Parks.

• Shubisha

right but most of the loops are user submitted from people like you and me, they can be wrong heh. and in this case it is. a lot of people got the main street area music audio file and were either told it was the same in both parks or that there were a couple extra songs in wdw's, but there are a few songs missing as well.

just so we don't lose sight on the original topic though, the DL loops pre1992 and current appear to be correct for the info you're looking for.