Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

5-5-05 Food Service Photos

Photos from the Hungry Bear on 5-05-50. The lines were an hour long for food. Here's how bad it was:

Register not opened. It's covered by the tan blanket.

We were there as it opend up, got lucky and only waited 25 minutes to get our over cooked food!

• -Going Retro-

Yep we waited in that line for lunch not to mention a line like that at Club Buzz. Never seen Disneyland with such hefty food lines. There was a point at Club Buzz where not a single person was moving the line was at a stand still. However, seeing the fireworks was worth hours in line for food I would do it all over again

• Rat Tat Tat.

Pizza Port was pretty crowded as well, nothing spectacular, but definately more than usual!

• insufferable know-it-all

Nice thing about Pizza Port is that the line, even when long, moves really fast.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Banned User

OMG!!! I don't think I have ever seen lines that long for FOOD, for heaven's sakes. Not even at TDR! and they are the kings of long lines!!! Is this a preview of July 17th???

• Rainicorn.

The new attraction: Hungry Bear Food Follies!
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

...and the scary part was the line for the restrooms later in the day. I heard they were thinking of installing fastpass machines for the waterfountains as well.

But seriously, I'm wondering what the maximum amount of time anyone would wait for food at the parks. I love Bengal BBQ, but I'll usually go elsewhere if the line is any longer than 10-15 minutes. It helps to eat lunch/dinner at odd times, but some peak season weekends don't make much of a difference. What's the longest anyone here has waited in a food line? Sometimes it seems like it might just be quicker to walk to the McDonalds on Harbor instead (it would be cheaper too).

• Rainicorn.

My experience with DL food:

For the Pizza Port, my longest wait was 5 minutes. For Bengal, the ordering was fast, but it took about 10-15 min for our food to be ready, which I found odd considering it was a relatively slow day (this was in 2003; I don't know if the food service standards were any different.)

The River Belle Terrace wait is usually around 15-20 minutes whenever we go for breakfast. BB is fast if you have reservations, and even then you could wait up to 20-30 min...?

Usually, the buffeteria style lines are the fastest (Pizza Port, Plaza Inn, French Market on a good day).
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

I've found that the slowest lines are at Taste Pilot's with the self-serve, while the fastest is at Blue Bayou. If you know what you are ordering, you can be in and out in less than half an hour.

• Disneyland Historian

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    OMG!!! I don't think I have ever seen lines that long for FOOD, for heaven's sakes. Not even at TDR! and they are the kings of long lines!!! Is this a preview of July 17th???
    July 17th should at least be a little better as all CT cast members will have returned to augment the cast in taking care of higher guest counts.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregmh48
    July 17th should at least be a little better as all CT cast members will have returned to augment the cast in taking care of higher guest counts.
    Or so we can hope, right? Personally I'm backing a mini lunch and buying some candy to keep me going all day.

• CM for 4 years!

Well, my friend who works in food told me that there was recently a union dispute and 350 people in foods quit. They're currently reqorking a new contract. That's the only reason I can come up with for why food lines were so long. Also, Rancho del Zocalo and Plaza Inn were closed, and a DLR rep told me it's because they took those CMs and replaced them in other places where they were more necessary... maybe they took one or two people from all food positions?

• Banned User

Jesus Christ, I'm glad I don't work there anymore.

• Imagineer in training

I wonder if the people in those photos realize that they are in a line for food, and not a ride?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast