Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Question Your Favorite "Mountain" At Disneyland

Which of the Mountains at Disneyland is your all-time favorite? For me it's Space Mountain! Just the thought of being out in the universe with all the stars and asteroids around me while going at a speedy pace is amazing!

What about you guys?

...Joe...

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

Re: Your Favorite "Mountain" At Disneyland

Yeah, I love that one too...ride wise...but when it comes to the actual "mountain" itself, I'd have to go with the Matterhorn...I mean, sure, the ride doesn't really compare to Space Mountain, but I LOOOOVE walking by it at night, hearing the abominable snowman scream, and hearing the wind...aaah great feeling! Oh and I love how it's like purple and blue at night! :0) I do love Big Thunder Mountain, too...I love walking by it at night also, cuz it's all lit up and there are flickering lights all around and the sound of crickets, and screaming from the riders...awesome! And how could I forget Splash Mountain! Aaah! I love it! I guess what I'm sayin is that I love them all and I can't really decide which one I like the best! Especially at night! :0)
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

• Picturing the Magic

Hmmm....Splash Mountain if its hot and i have a fastpass and space mountain if its colder

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Space Mountain.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SplashMoun10 View Post
    Hmmm....Splash Mountain if its hot and i have a fastpass and space mountain if its colder
    You know, something told me you'd pick Splash Mountain. What ever would give me that idea? LOL

...Joe...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Talk about a tough question! They're all great for their different reasons and I find it so hard to pick just one.

I love Space Mountain for the novelty of in the dark, the onboard soundtrack, the smoothness of the ride and all the pretty lights. It doesn't go that fast but they sure make it feel that way!

Matterhorn is just awesome because you're in a bobsled! I love riding at night and you go into that fog right from the top of the lift. The snowman, the competing tracks, the water splash ending. And it's a Disneyland original that nobody else ever had makes it that much more special.

Splash Mountain is great because as a log ride, it gives you two extra drops on top of the final one, and they found a way to incorporate some classic Disney characters that were long forgotten. I don't think there has ever been a ride that matched the story so well. Our escape is to be thrown into the briar patch just as Brer Rabbit hoped.

Big Thunder is probably my least favorite of the mountains, but still a favorite because it's fun to ride a runaway mine train. All the goats and animals that you see along the way, the earthquake, the dinosaur bones...

I LOVE THEMING!! If Six Flags put all of their coasters inside mountainsand what not, I'd be there ALL THE TIME. There's something about not being able to see the actual roller coaster before you ride it. Makes it that much more thrilling and suprising when you finally go.

And i suppose Indiana Jones isn't a mountain.. just a tiny temple. I love it just the same.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• A Disneyland Hobo

Mine couldn't be Space Mountain...It makes me dizy to ride. =/ I'd have to probably pick Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. It was my first rollercoaster ever, after all. That alone makes it special. =) Next would be Splash Mountain, then the Matterhorn, then Space.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolffin View Post
    Mine couldn't be Space Mountain...It makes me dizy to ride. =/ I'd have to probably pick Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. It was my first rollercoaster ever, after all. That alone makes it special. =) Next would be Splash Mountain, then the Matterhorn, then Space.
    Big Thunder... is my second favorite. It was the very first ride that Robert and I went on together at Disneyland. Talk about an, "Awwwwwwwww" moment.

...Joe...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Matterhorn at night. Scares the crap out of me.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Popular Princess

splash mountain! i have to do it everyday i'm there!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• Banned User

All of the mountains are the best! I cant pick 1!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    All of the mountains are the best! I cant pick 1!
    Here here, they are all great in their own way. I'll choose all!
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Keepin' it calsteady

1. Big Thunder - Clickety clack clickey clack...tunnels, turns, skunks, nicely themed queue complete with a water fountain, cool recording about the wildest ride in the wilderness (or is it in the west? I always forget) when you get on. Awesome.

2. Space - It's dark in there.

3. Matterhorn - This one sneaks up on me. I always think I don't like it that much, but then I ride it and I like it almost as much as Space. The queue is terrible, though.

4. Splash - Doesn't really belong in a comparison with the other mountains because it's so different; an odd combination of log thrill ride and really long Fantasyland ride. It's fun, but the line is always way longer than I am willing to endure.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Splash Mountian. Attraction-wise, it is the most fulfilling thematically, thrillingly, and through a story with a fun score.

Space Mountain, hands down.

CJManson

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast