Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Cove Bar Question

Just a quick fly by question:

Does anyone know what time the Cove Bar in Ariel's Grotto closes tomorrow, Sunday? I have tried to find it on the website nor anywhere else.

Thanks

• Merrily on my way to

Re: Cove Bar Question

Last time we were there having a margarita Jessica (the World's Best Waitress) told us the Cove closes a half hour before the park closes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Read View Post
    Last time we were there having a margarita Jessica (the World's Best Waitress) told us the Cove closes a half hour before the park closes.
    Awesome you are the best..thanks!

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

They tend to do last-call an hourish before the park closes, and will kick you out when the park officially closes...enjoy!

Ok, my next question:

What time does the Cove Bar open? Same time as DCA?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Typically, the Cove Bar opens at 2:30 PM on Fridays, and Noon on Saturday and Sundays (and during peak season daily), and closes around 30 minutes prior to park closing.

Based on the CM Reference Guide, the Bar was only supposed to be open on Saturday this week, but it was open on Friday... I presume they will be open from Noon to about 5:30 PM on Sunday....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Can 2 adults go to the cove bar and order drinks and food with children? I heard that there are tables and we could sit anywhere with the kids as long as it wasn't at the bar. Someone else told me no children were allowed in at all! I thought that I have seen kids in there with their parents but now am not sure? Does anyone have the menu handy, is there anything for the kids to order? I am dying to try those lobster nachos(and a tasty drink or two)!

Yeah, the kids can be there while the adults have their "tasty beverages". I don't have the menu because those are supposed to stay at the Cove Bar where they belong. They have Lobster Nachos (of coarse), BBQ Chicken Pizza (thin crust), and Fried Calamari are the only ones I can think of right now...(they're all really good, too!)

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Folks of all ages are welcome at the Cove Bar.

If you want to sit at the actual bar, you need to be 21 or older (California Law).

But there are plenty of tables available for families...

As for the menu...

http://www.dlresortinfo.com/DCAMenus...r/covebar.html

Not too much for kids, Management does not want "meal replacements" available, so the menu is more of an appitizer menu.

Thanks so much ScarLion and Darkbeer!! The menu looks tasty enough for the kids to find something they like and the drink menu looks yummy! I have 20some days to decide what to order-lol! Dh loves all the beers and Malibu-mer Sunset looks like my kind of foo foo drink, do they blend them?

Does it get very crowded? Do they seat you or do you just walk in and grab a table? We will be there right before Thanksgiving and we know the crowds will be bad. Can you do PS there? Best time to go? Thanks again!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by fidoprincess View Post
    Can 2 adults go to the cove bar and order drinks and food with children? I heard that there are tables and we could sit anywhere with the kids as long as it wasn't at the bar. Someone else told me no children were allowed in at all! I thought that I have seen kids in there with their parents but now am not sure? Does anyone have the menu handy, is there anything for the kids to order? I am dying to try those lobster nachos(and a tasty drink or two)!

I've taken my kids in there. (Heck, I think even Darkbeer took them in there one year after there were on his team for a MA....he bought them sodas, but tried to trick me into thinking he'd bought them beers ) My kids love the barbecue pizza and I love the lobster nachos. I just remembered something else that heappened there once...the waiter brought over a try with 6 talll diet pepsis for our family and he got distracted and turned his head and we watched in slow motion as all 6 sodas slid off the tray and landed on the floor behind him!!!

Sorry Claribella....I just realized my reply doesn't answer any of your original question, but it sounds like you go tyour answer from Miss Christine and Darkbeer.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fidoprincess View Post
    Does it get very crowded? Do they seat you or do you just walk in and grab a table? We will be there right before Thanksgiving and we know the crowds will be bad. Can you do PS there? Best time to go? Thanks again!
    It can get busy, no priority seating, sometimes folks waiting for there PS downstairs at Ariel's Grotto grab a drink at the bar while waiting.

A good choice, late afternoon, especially when folks are lining up for Block Party Bash (around 4:30 to 6 PM).

Thanks again, Darkbeer! That sounds like a perfect time to just kick back and relax, have a snack and a drink!! Can't wait!!

• dL lover from hawaii

I can't tell, are some of the larger tables outside? We'll be there second half of Dec. and with 6.5 people (1 yr old is the halfster) and wondering if that would be a good choice then. I love the food menu and DH loves his cold beer. -LOL-

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Most tables seat 4, but folks just put two tables together to seat about 8....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast