• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Unbuilt Disneyland Attractions

Hey everybody, I just wanted to share these unbuilt concepts and attractions for Disneyland from this great new book I bought called "Disneyland: Now, Then and Forever".

Casey Jr. Circus Train was originally going to be a roller coaster and in another rendering, it was going to go down the tracks of "Rock Candy Mountain", basically, a mountain made of candy.

Storybook Land Canal Boats was inteneded to be a waterfall ride where you slide down Monstro's mouth.

"Adventures in Science" was going to be in Tomorrowland. It was an exhibit on the history os Science.

"Duck Bump" was going to be in Fantasyland. It was a bumper boats attraction, similar to Flying Saucers, but in water.

Many lands were proposed as well, such as:

"Discovery Bay" featuring "Voyage thru Time Boat Ride", where u get on a boat and pass through primeval world full of dinosaurs. Another attraction in this land was "Spark Cap Electric Coaster", my guess is a coaster that goes in a loop.

"Dumbo's Circusland" featuring "Dumbo's Circus" and "Mickey's Madhouse, these were supposed to be two basic Disney style dark rides.

"International Street" featuring many shops, similar to Main Street, except not so American.

"Liberty Street" featuring "The Hall of Presidents", this attraction was originally intended for this land in 1958 but became a part od the Magic Kingdom in 1971.

"China Town" featuring an A-A show hosted by Confucious. Confucious was going to be the first human audio-animatrnonicS figure ever.

"Edison Square" featuring "Harnessing the Lightning", an A-A show dedicated to Thomas Edison and his creations.

Which one of these unbuilt attractions would you have wanted to come to Disneyland?
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Banned User

Tommorowland 2055

All of them sounds good. I am not sure I could make a choice on which one's to come to Disneyland. So I say that all of them should come or should have come to Disneyland.

• Part of Your World

Discovery Bay sounds really cool.

• Official Mice Chat person

Discovery Bay sounds way cool.

• Rainicorn.

Discovery Bay exists at TDS, right? I really wish they had built that in the Long Beach space they secured ages ago (and now don't own anymore). Booo!
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Minion

Umm... I want Western River Expedition. One of the best and one that you left off...
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

Hall of Presidents!!!

While it's not listed in the book, I would have loved if WDI had built the Enchanted Snow Palace.

Mickey's Madhouse! Hard to believe the main Disney characters don't have a dark ride. Half the stuff in Toontown could be replaced with something like that.

• Minion

Well, I agree. Of the ones I know about, Discovery Bay would top my list. Of course, being set in the Barbary Coast, I think you could split the concept in two, creating one in DCA that focuses on the Californoa gold rush called Eureka Bay, and another that focuses on the Verne-like, Victorian, scientific Frontiers, focusing on Vulcania and maybe Helluland from IATTOTW, and calling it Discovery Island.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• враг народа

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi
    Umm... I want Western River Expedition. One of the best and one that you left off...
    That was for Magic Kingdom's Pirates, never ment for Disneyland.

I think Discovery Bay is probably the best known and the most interesting. However it seems best to have been left out. With its future-that-never-was theme it seems like it would force Tomorrowland to be more realistic.

• CM for 4 years!

Storybook Land Canal Boats was also supposed to have underneath that giant "patchwork quilt" a big giant taking a nap.

But I don't know... I try my best to be impressed by the stuff that they DO come out with, and not hope to badly for what will never be.

Like ooooh DCA is going to rock now, just because of a new Monsters Inc darkride!!

>.<

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O
    That was for Magic Kingdom's Pirates, never ment for Disneyland.
    It was considered for Disneyland though at one time...
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki