Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Disneyland on New Years Eve

I was wondering if people could describe their experiences at Disneyland on New Years Eve. I will be going this year for the first time and was wondering about the different spots they have set up to countdown the new year....

An oddity on the schedule is that they have a Fantasmic starting at 11;59 when the "Fantasy in the Sky" fireworks start at the same time. That seemed kinda wierd to me.

• Minion

Re: Disneyland on New Years Eve

Quote Originally Posted by DLForever View Post
    An oddity on the schedule is that they have a Fantasmic starting at 11;59 when the "Fantasy in the Sky" fireworks start at the same time. That seemed kinda wierd to me.
    Fantasmic! will start about 3 minutes after Fantasy finishes.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Went to the parks last year on New Years Eve and it was crazy. It had been raining all day and it didn't stop the crowds from going to Disneyland. The place was filled with people, so we headed over to DCA which was much less crowded. We ended up finding a spot along the rail in front of the lagoon facing Disneyland where we could see the DCA midnight show as well as the fireworks from across the esplanade.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

I have a trip report that deals, specifically with NYE. I'll have to find that.

I have last year's schedule, which I'll put up....I think I posted it in a previous thread, already.

Last year, Fantasmic started at 12:10.....this year it's 12:05....so I don't know what's up with that. I would think they would give some time for the people over near the Castle to get over to Rivers of America.....

Also the 11:59, whereas last years 'Fantasy In The Sky' (Midnight Fireworks) was 12:00.

It's only a minutes difference, but still.....

I have to wonder if it's gonna be the same "Fourth Of July" fireworks, or maybe they have something all new planned.

Has anyone ever been to the DCA (midnight) fireworks?

(Disneyland Park)
    SPECIAL NEW YEAR'S EVE ENTERTAINMENT

--New Year's Eve "Fantasy in the Sky" Fireworks Show
    Don't miss the countdown to 2006 and our largest pyrotechnic show of the year precisely at Midnight!
    The Skies Above Disneyland
    12:00 am

--New Year's Eve Countdown Central
    Celebrate 50 years of classic Disney memories in song, and count down to 2006 at the heart of Disneyland Park.
    Sleeping Beauty Castle
    10:00 pm to 12:00 am

--Live High-Energy Cajun Music on the Rivers of America
    Between performances of Fantasmic!, Lisa Haley and the Zydekats rock the Rivers of America and count down to the New Year!
    Frontierland - Rivers of America
    8:00, 9:45, 11:00, 11:45 pm

--"it's a small world" Promenade
    Join in the fun with our comic host, DJ and some of your favorite Disney Characters for party fun and dancing to Top 40 and Radio Disney Hits!
    Fantasyland - "it's a small world" Promenade
    8:00 pm to 2:00 am

-------------------

(California Adventure)
    SPECIAL NEW YEAR'S EVE ENTERTAINMENT

--Golden State Amphitheater
    DJ Ray Rhodes will be spinning as our DCA Dancers burn up the golden State Stage with the hottest dance show in the land. Be there as the energy builds to a brilliant countdown to 2006!
    9:15 pm to 1:00 am

--Hollywood Pictures Backlot
    2006 is going to be a "Monster" year in the Backlot. Start if off in a HUGE way at the Backlot Stage with nonstop dancing all night long and a SCREAMING countdown to midnight!
    10:00 pm to 1:00 am

--Paradise Bay
    Paradise Bay is "the" place to be as we welcome in 2006 with an exciting, all-new countdown to midnight and a dazzling fireworks show over the water. Get a spot early. You won't want to miss this!
    12:00 am

• Forever thankful. .

We were there for NYE 04 and to us is was crazy but fun.

We had toddlers and babies with us. It was a bit nerve wrecking because they of course fell asleep in the strollers so we positioned the strollers behind where we sat on the curb. As the night went on and more and more people filled Main Street and the hub people would literally try to step behind us and bang into the strollers.

It was cold that NYE too.

But even with those two things causing us a bit of problems we HAD A BALL! At least a ONCE IN A LIFETIME, fun thing to do with family or friends.

Blog Entries

I have gone the last 2 years on NYE. It had rained all day both years and I know many said that affected the crowds. I still felt it was crowded. The first time we were in front of the castle. We had to get our spot at about 10:45 and they do not let you sit. You are packed in and standing. It was still fun though. Like Anders, we went to DCA last year. Although I did miss the magic a little, it was so nice to be able to relax and enjoy the evening.

• A Pirate's life for me!

I was wondering if people could describe their experiences at Disneyland on New Years Eve.

Murder, madness and mayhem!

Well, maybe not murder, but plenty of madness and mayhem...hehe

In addition to the above listed activities (thank you), Sandbox Band will be performing at the Tomorrowland Terrace.

Should be a BLAST!!!

I was wondering if people could describe their experiences at Disneyland on New Years Eve. I will be going this year for the first time and was wondering about the different spots they have set up to countdown the new year....

First, you're gonna have an awesome time! Despite the heavy, massive crowds, it's the BEST place to ring in the new year! I've done it now for the past 15+ years and it's a wonderful experience!!

The energy you get from everyone by just being there is strong, cuz everyone is there to have an *extra* super-duper time! And when the evening rolls around, you get free party hats and horns.

***side bar...I absolutely HATE those annoying horns!!

Anyway, if you're into dancing, they have plenty of that going on throughout the Resort. And not only do they have their regular firework show, but they have a special midnight one too, to ring in the new year!

I usually ring in the new year over at DCA, cuz it's just more fun for my friends and I. But we'll head over to Disneyland (off and on) just to catch what's going on over there too. But just to let you know, the crowds at Disneyland are soooooo much worse than at DCA. But either Park is gonna be FUN, so enjoy and plz let me know how your experience was!

Heck, perhaps I'll even see you there!

Patrick

where's the best spot to celebrate new year's? i've heard they have mini-parties on ROA, near IASW, and right in front of the castle. going for the first time (for new year's at least) with my hubby and a disney newbie. (yes, he realizes what he's getting himself into)

any tips for us first timers? like, what to do and what to stay away from?

• Premium Youngling and

I have talked my cousins and their boyfriends into going on NYE and I cant wait! We all have deluxe passes which means we can get in for $30 which is sweet (cuz were blocked out). I know its crazy but its not like were trying to get on a bunch of rides or anything. All Im gonna say is that its going to be an experience to remember. Even though you cant get on that many rides, is it still a lot of fun or do the crowds just ruine the whole thing?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ministrychick77 View Post
    where's the best spot to celebrate new year's? i've heard they have mini-parties on ROA, near IASW, and right in front of the castle. going for the first time (for new year's at least) with my hubby and a disney newbie. (yes, he realizes what he's getting himself into)

any tips for us first timers? like, what to do and what to stay away from?
    I love right in front of the castle. But so does about 20,000 other people. They also have decent parties at DCA.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    I love right in front of the castle. But so does about 20,000 other people. They also have decent parties at DCA.
    I'm thinking I want to be in front of the castle as well....What have they done there as a countdown in the past? I saw in the schedule that Pisces put up that they were playing Disney songs, which seemed pretty cute.

• Minion

I'm thinking I want to be in front of the castle as well....What have they done there as a countdown in the past? I saw in the schedule that Pisces put up that they were playing Disney songs, which seemed pretty cute.
    They start the Disney songs (Radio Disney) early, some years they film from there for the Rockin Eve, they have people who raise the energy come out on the castle, you can watch guys propose on the bridge, beachballs, lots of little things. Its my favorite place to be. I am usually the first bench to the right on the inside hub side in front of the castle.

Quote Originally Posted by AbominableSnowman1 View Post
    I have talked my cousins and their boyfriends into going on NYE and I cant wait! We all have deluxe passes which means we can get in for $30 which is sweet (cuz were blocked out). I know its crazy but its not like were trying to get on a bunch of rides or anything. All Im gonna say is that its going to be an experience to remember. Even though you cant get on that many rides, is it still a lot of fun or do the crowds just ruine the whole thing?
    Where is that trip report of mine? I covered all of this in a special NYE report.

DOSE OF REALITY: On Dec. 31.....You need to be at the Maingate by 8:00, maybe maybe maybe 9:00 am......but just to be safe, I'd say 8:00 am. You cannot leave the Park.

Think about what that means. That means, if you'd like to see the Midnight Showing in front of the Castle......you'll have to stay in the Park a solid 16 hours......without leaving....

Can you do that?

Now, if it rains, and I mean rains hard, like last year....then you can leave for a bit, as that thins the crowds.

But, if it doesn't rain....and you're determined to be in front of the Castle at Midnight.....that means getting to the Main Gates at 8:00 am, and staying inside all the way through ....16 hours later, with crowds crawling on top of you. You can't get away.

I don't mean to paint a grim picture, but you have to be realistic.

Pray for rain. That makes it a little more tolerable...not much.

It's only once a year.

Get a locker, bring earplugs, bring a total change of clothes, take lots of vitamins.

It'll be an experience, that's for sure!

Take a look at some of my pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=94762126&size=l

That was as close as I was able to get, at Midnight, last year.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pisceslibra/94764151/

__________________________________________________ _____

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast