Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• I met Walt Disney!

No Flash Photography.... yea right!

On Sunday, I was enjoying a pleasant voyage through POTC. This is very rare, since I seem to always get in the boat full of people who do not understand the phrase "no flash photography" and further do not understand that they can not capture an image of Davey Jones with their flash on! Anyway, as we were just passed the treasure room, this lady turns around and takes a picture with the flash going off about 18 inches from my face! I yelled out "hey!" She sort of turned around quickly and put her camera away. Then, when we went by the last Captain Jack, she did it again!!

I am wondering if anyone has ever said anything to these rude folks, and if so, what the reaction was?? It's getting so frustrating... all the flashing, loud talking... etc. Although I am an AP, I am concerned for those who are making their "once in a lifetime" trip to DLR, only to have the expensive experience diminished by disrespectful people.

Comments??

• Huh?

Re: No Flash Photography.... yea right!

Davy Jones with flash?

Hmm... bet she tried taking a picture of the fireworks with flash, too.
    -Tim

• Minion

That's why I absolutely loathe Disney's policy on every rule they have. Sometimes they enforce them sometimes they don't. I can literally count on one hand how many times I've heard A CM say no flash photography over the speakers...

Quote Originally Posted by musiken View Post
    On Sunday, I was enjoying a pleasant voyage through POTC. This is very rare, since I seem to always get in the boat full of people who do not understand the phrase "no flash photography" and further do not understand that they can not capture an image of Davey Jones with their flash on! Anyway, as we were just passed the treasure room, this lady turns around and takes a picture with the flash going off about 18 inches from my face! I yelled out "hey!" She sort of turned around quickly and put her camera away. Then, when we went by the last Captain Jack, she did it again!!

I am wondering if anyone has ever said anything to these rude folks, and if so, what the reaction was?? It's getting so frustrating... all the flashing, loud talking... etc. Although I am an AP, I am concerned for those who are making their "once in a lifetime" trip to DLR, only to have the expensive experience diminished by disrespectful people.

Comments??
    I'm right there with you on this one!

It never fails when I go on POTC, I always end up in a boat with a bunch of rowdy teenagers or just people having a full on conversation about something that has absolutely nothing to do with the attraction itself. Why bother going on if you're not going to enjoy it and pay attention to the *show*? And those flashes are most annoying and yes, I will say something if it's done more than once or twice from a guest. Usually they just look and ignore me, but generally they stop the flashes.

By the way, it's even worse when this is done on the HM.

I have traveled with people that did that before. I was constantly telling her not to take pictures. She didn't listen. On POTC she was one of the people that took so many pictures that they came over the loudspeaker and told her to stop. It was so embarassing.

I don't usually say anything to anyone else. It doesn't really bother me that much. I just don't want to be a bother to anyone else.
    Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.

Comments??
    Very hard situation to deal with, I wish management would be a little tougher on laying down the rules in regards to no flash photography, currently the Spiel contains a little item "No flash Photos please" although it is only in English I believe and there is no sign that shows a universal symbol for no flash photos.

There was a very long discussion about the flash photo problem regarding POTC, It is worth a read since it details lots of Micechats members own opinions on the matter (sadly not everyone here agrees that they should not take picture with flashes on attractions)

The large discussion on flash photography on POTC can be found here

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...sh+photography

Anyway, as we were just passed the treasure room, this lady turns around and takes a picture with the flash going off about 18 inches from my face! I yelled out "hey!" She sort of turned around quickly and put her camera away. Then, when we went by the last Captain Jack, she did it again!!
    That is when you rip the camera from her hands and toss it in the water

• I met Walt Disney!

My 14 year old son, who has an overactive imagination, has a solution for the problem on POTC. Art the AA Pirates with flash-seeking lazers! It would be like Pirates meet Star Trek! If the person next to you was vaporized, you would think twice before taking another flash picture!

• I'm not really here

My 14 year old son, who has an overactive imagination, has a solution for the problem on POTC. Art the AA Pirates with flash-seeking lazers! It would be like Pirates meet Star Trek! If the person next to you was vaporized, you would think twice before taking another flash picture!
    That could be fun to do... and watch peoples reactions to someone getting vaporized for flash-photography.

My wife will sometimes take flash pictures, but only when we're riding something late at night, have the boat to ourselves and there is no one in any boat that we can see in front or behind us. IE, we are alone. Doesn't happen often, but it is the only time she'll do it. And that's cool. It's all about respect for others.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunGuy View Post
    I always end up in a boat with a bunch of rowdy teenagers
    [1950s]oh noes! teenagers are teh devilss!!1[/1950s]
    I know that there are groups of teens that are rowdy and do cause problems, but the proportion isn't any higher when compared to screaming kids and talking adults. Just something to keep in mind!

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post
    That is when you rip the camera from her hands and toss it in the water
    Toss her with the camera too.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Comin' at ya!

that's NOTHING. I went on pirates when they ANNOUNCED no flash photography and guess how many flashes me and a friend counted? No joke, at LEAST 180 flash pics between 3 diffferent boats, 180 pics! my eyes were like crying after the ride. Someone on my boat yelled to the one ahead of us "Enough witht the flash photography!" I have never ever had it that bad. It was especially bad in the dark tunnel. TOP THAT!

• Sock Puppet

Comments??
    I know exactly what you're talking about too! I was also at Disneyland on Sunday and the first time I rode POTC, some kid was trying to throw his brother out of the boat the whole time, so the boy was shrieking and shreiking THE ENTIRE RIDE!! The parents, with their arms around each other in the front of the boat did nothing about it. I was about to tell them if they didn't stop it, I was tempted to throw them both out of the boat... but my husband stopped me.

But what really fumes me is when the same people try to take flash pictures inside the HM and everyone around is temporarily blinded.

• It's all nonsense

I don't understand how people will think any of thier pictures will turn out well.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast