Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

Re: Who would steal from Winnie the Pooh?

It sounds to me like they wre going through your stuff looking for money or something. When my kids were little, we never had to worry about our stoller. That wasn't even that long ago. To sad.

That just sucks! Sorry that this happened to you!

• Quality not quantity

Quote Originally Posted by Goin2DL View Post
    It sounds to me like they wre going through your stuff looking for money or something. When my kids were little, we never had to worry about our stoller. That wasn't even that long ago. To sad.
    You know, a used diaper strategically placed could do wonders to discourage this type of behavior.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Comin' at ya!

That sucks. I remember when I lost my fanny pack with all my DL money. I finally found it at the lost and found.

• Disney Family, San Diego

After having a stuffed animal stolen right out of our stroller in Sea World (not our toy, our companion's daughter put it in there without my knowing), I've become very careful with strollers, and here is what I do about places like Disneyland.

First of all, I NEVER ever rent a stroller. They all look the same, making it that much easier for someone to steal and you'd have a tough time finding it.

I always bring along a cheap stroller, one that if it got stolen, wouldn't mean I'm out a ton of money. (You won't see me leaving something like a Peg Perego or Bugaboo or whatever out there!) This is the same stroller I check on the airlines- if you've never done that, you don't know how much they get banged up as they're checked below with the luggage.

And I echo the above sentiments, never leave valuables in the stroller.

I usually rent a locker first thing (on the left side of Main Street, you have in and out priviledges for the whole day).

Whenever we have too much stuff, I just put it in the locker. If I run out of something I need (like the jackets we usually don't need until nightfall), we make a trip back.

Yes, it takes more time, which is annoying. But it can be worth it to prevent situations like being without diapers (and to prevent tears over a stolen toy).

Realize that stuffed animal in my stroller that was stolen? We weren't on a ride, we were looking at the tidepools at SeaWorld. We were maybe 2 feet away from the stroller when it was stolen. Awfully bold of the person, if you ask me.

As the scouts say, be prepared for anything!

EDIT: The RIGHT said of Main Street, as you are walking in.... My bad :-) It's behind the cart with the fresh fruit/veggies and bottled water....

• Haunted Mansion Lover

It is discouraging to think that people would really do that. At least you got your belongings back and no one was hurt!
    Foolish Mortal

• Neep meep beep

Was this a Disneyland rental stroller, or a personal stroller of yours? Often, strollers look alike, and people make the mistake of grabbing one that "looks just like ours", only to realize later that it's not theirs. Even many store bought strollers look alike. The fact that they didn't take any property from your stroller makes me think this may be an honest mistake.

• Quality not quantity

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post
    ... makes me think this may be an honest mistake.
    Humm possible, I suppose you could explain the:

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMom88
    It kind of bothers me that someone had gone through the contents of bags and such
    part as someone looking for an ID but somehow I doubt it.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• "714"

Trust No One. Even if it is DL.

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

This has happened to us before too! We had our stroller "taken" and although we didn't have any "valuables" in it, the diaper bag was lost and let me tell you, diapers are pretty darn valuable when you need one!

So we convinced ourselves it must have just been accidently mistaken and the next time, we bought a balloon to tie on the stroller so we could find it easily and it wouldn't be "taken" by someone by mistake. They STOLE the balloon!!! Left the stroller though but my kid cried and cried and naturally we didn't want to buy another one just to have it stollen too!

Now we either get a locker or just carry everything with us on each ride in a small backpack. We leave nothing in the stroller! I have watched other kids take sippy cups, food, toys etc, from another stroller while their mom's head was turned-ewwwe, drank the drink and put it back in the cupholder!!

Even though we leave nothing, we still lose our stroller now and then and just have to go back with the receipt for a replacement one. I even caught my DH pushing one that wasn't ours!! I made him take it right back and sure enough the other family was standing there flipping all the sunshades looking for the one DH had! Empty just like ours but your still want the one your name is on!

Then again, once we left our stroller at the hotel express monorail entrance at 11am when it started to rain and came back 5 hours later and there it was, still there, rained on and dry again-lol!

• Mouseke-Awesome

Wow, I'm really sorry that had to happen, and in DL of all places! Even though you got your stuff back safe and sound, it's so creepy that they went though it. But, still, glad eveything ended up okay in the end!

Trip Reports: One, Two, Three, Four

• Disneyland Addict

So sorry that happened to you.
    I like to park our stroller with the seat facing the walkway and the handlebar toward the wall/railing/planter etc., to keep people from looking in the basket of the stroller. It made it easier for my little boy to get into too, instead of crawling betwwen other strollers to get to his seat. We don't leave anything in it even when standing next to it for a show because we have some friends who had their camera bag stolen out of their stroller during Fantasmic while their little boy was asleep in the stroller and we were all standing next to it. Yikes!! They never got the camera back.

• Cowboy Jack

My sister had her camera bag stolen out of her stroller last Thursday. Luckily she had just taken her camera out of the bag and only lost her spare battery and charger. It saddens me to know that you can never fully escape reality, even at a park set up to give you the impression you can. Lesson learned.......don't leave anything in your stroller that someone else might want for their own.

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMom88 View Post
    Yeah, that's sort of what I thought when I parked my 2 strollers in front of the ride. When we exited the ride, my husband went to take our two girls to the bathroom while I went into the shop to get some sweets for us. When I exited the shop, my husband was talking to a security guard and when I asked him what happened, he told me that the stroller was gone. Gone. My children's jackets, all of the diapers, all of my pins and my lanyard, gone. Not to mention that I had a very tired and dirty girl in my possession that did not want to walk anymore.

My party had separated, so I called them to tell them to keep an eye out for the stroller while we followed the security guard over the entire park, looking in bathrooms and such. A long, tiring trip that ended up in front of DCA at the Lost & Found. As we were walking to get another stroller, my mom called and said that she had found it. Someone had taken it and went to the smoking section. It kind of bothers me that someone had gone through the contents of bags and such... but at least nothing was lost and we only wasted about 2 hours looking.
    that is amazing.. what LOW LIFE would steal a stroller with baby things in it.. I mean really.... people are so cruel.. unbelieavable.. I am glad you got everything back though

Friends for life

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12