Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Who would steal from Winnie the Pooh?

Yeah, that's sort of what I thought when I parked my 2 strollers in front of the ride. When we exited the ride, my husband went to take our two girls to the bathroom while I went into the shop to get some sweets for us. When I exited the shop, my husband was talking to a security guard and when I asked him what happened, he told me that the stroller was gone. Gone. My children's jackets, all of the diapers, all of my pins and my lanyard, gone. Not to mention that I had a very tired and dirty girl in my possession that did not want to walk anymore.

My party had separated, so I called them to tell them to keep an eye out for the stroller while we followed the security guard over the entire park, looking in bathrooms and such. A long, tiring trip that ended up in front of DCA at the Lost & Found. As we were walking to get another stroller, my mom called and said that she had found it. Someone had taken it and went to the smoking section. It kind of bothers me that someone had gone through the contents of bags and such... but at least nothing was lost and we only wasted about 2 hours looking.

Re: Who would steal from Winnie the Pooh?

Man, need to equip my stroller with a lowjack before I come. . .

Glad you found it again!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Did they take it on purpose or was it on accident? Maybe they did not realize what they had done. But yes, going through other peoples stuff regardless is a big no-no. Glad you got everything back though .

• Banned User

Did you get everything back? I hope so. Why would people do this!?

• Wishing I was at the DLR!

What an awful experience... Glad it had a good outcome. I guess you can always lock the strollers together, make it awkward to take... It's a shame that one would *have* to do that though...

• Sock Puppet

I got everything back, thank God. I don't know who took it, or if it was intentional. But everything that was packed away in it had been taken out. I can understand taking one by mistake, but for god's sake.. put it back where you found it!

I am always worried about that. The only thing that stays in our stroller is a diaper bag. I do not leave anything that I think would even be a little bit of a target.

I have been debating renting stollers since I am also worried about getting my stoller stollen. The only problem is that my wife hates the stollers they use at DLR.
    Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

Didn't Darkbeer post something on the news thread about some recent stroller thefts and that they might be some organized group ring pulling them off. We always make sure we don't leave anything expensive or leave anything showing that could attract someone to take our strollers. Its sad but nothing is safe even in Disneyland.
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

• Waiting for the monorail

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMom88 View Post
    I got everything back, thank God. I don't know who took it, or if it was intentional. But everything that was packed away in it had been taken out. I can understand taking one by mistake, but for god's sake.. put it back where you found it!
    If you don't know where you accidently switched off, or even if you do, I'd notify security. Chances are the original owners are already assuming it is stolen.

Some people... I'm so sorry you had to spend two hours looking.

• I'm not really here

Man, that's just low and really wrong. Glad you got it all back. I can't believe they didn't know... it was full of your stuff. They had to have known.

Anyway, easy solution to this would be to put a radio tag (incredibly small things) somewhere on each stroller and then put receivers over the parks. If one goes missing or gets stollen, find security, they radio it in, main office enters your name (linked to that particular stroller) and it comes up on the map with exactly where it is. Wouldn't cost that much either as the tech is fairly cheap to install and maintain. All of it is really small to and can be hidden very easily.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Fallapart in my Backyard

In the weekly update on Mouse Planet they warned everyone of the scam of people stealing strollers and taking personal property about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Sorry that happened to you. With all the unattended strollers lying around it is to tempting for some low life thieves.

Unfortunately Disneyland is not a crime-free zone and there are an endless number of people willing to risk their valuables by leaving them in a stroller while they go on a ride or are otherwise preoccupied. DON'T DO IT!

Think about it....there are low-lifes in this world that make their living stealing from others. The price of an annual pass is nothing to one of these pieces of garbage when compared to the target rich environment.

Strollers do go missing. Sometimes it is an accident, especially with the rentals. Sometimes it is theft, it happens....even at Disneyland. I cannot stress it enough (and I've posted this before), DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING VALUABLE IN YOUR STROLLER!!! Take anything of value with you or get a locker. A stroller full of stuff is just asking to be taken. Even if you cover your valuables with jackets or diaper bags it is not safe. A thief will think nothing of taking it and going through it and if there are no valuables to be had.....on to the next target.

The idea of locking multiple strollers together is OK but do not lock them to anything such as a fence or a sign. Doing so will be taken as a possible security threat, your lock will be cut and you may become the unwelcome subject of a security response you don't want to be a part of.

It may be a bit of a hassle but taking your valuables with you or locking them in a locker will save you the headache that happens when something like this occurs.

• It's all about Theme!

Some people can be so rude. Even in the Happiest Place on Earth.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by OCCOBRA View Post
    In the weekly update on Mouse Planet they warned everyone of the scam of people stealing strollers and taking personal property about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Sorry that happened to you. With all the unattended strollers lying around it is to tempting for some low life thieves.
    Yep http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl060911xx

Im sorry that happened but at least you got everything back and that your a smart parent keeping your kids with you(thinking back to another thread when some parents left there kids in Town Square)
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

• up to no good

Im sorry to hear that they would be so low in taking your stuff.

But im glad to here that they found it. It sucks to know that someone
    would do something like that especially if you have children with you.

But like they say what goes around comes around
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee (Farter Extraordinair) View Post
    Wow. If regular MiceChatters saw this thread they might think we are normal. Thanks Dan & Gina!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast