Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Devoted to Disneyland- the Disney Insider- 5/10/05

Actor, Musician, and Star John Stamos makes home the Happiest Place on Earth

He's an actor. He's a drummer. He's a heartthrob. And John Stamos has one more distinction to his credit - he's also the proud owner of the original Disneyland marquee sign, as well as a treasure trove of other Disneyland memorabilia.
    Does this piss anyone else off???? I was hoping this sign would return to Disneyland for the 50th. I read somewhere else that he gave it to Rebecca Romaijn and that she has it in storage somewhere. Maybe I am just jealous......
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Minion

Nah, i'm pissed over it too, if I owned the sign I would let Disney borrow it for the 50th celebration.

Quote Originally Posted by girl anachronism
    Nah, i'm pissed over it too, if I owned the sign I would let Disney borrow it for the 50th celebration.
    Did DLR ask/did he offer? :confused:

I'm not angry, but I do think if John's collection of DL memoribilia ever gets too big, the 75th history exhibit should be at his house instead of the park...

• CM for 4 years!

I didn't know that Uncle Jesse was such a Disney fanatic. :P

• Senior Minion

No one but Disney co should own this sign!! This is a travesty!! just plain wrong!!
    As young Indy would say "this belongs in a Museum." And rightly so for all to see.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Minion

I believe he doesn't own the ORIGINAL Disneyland sign letters, but the 80's version.

No matter, I'd love to take a ride on Adventure Thru Inner Space with Stamos!

• Northwest Disneyphile

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    No one but Disney co should own this sign!! This is a travesty!! just plain wrong!!
    As young Indy would say "this belongs in a Museum." And rightly so for all to see.
    And what did we all learn from young Indy?
    Thats right, it belonged to that guy who was on that boat that exploded. in this case John Stamos

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

I remember when he bought this some years ago. Look at it this way: if you could afford it and saw it on ebay or disneyauctions, wouldn't YOU buy it?? Look at the other ride vehicles that have been auctioned off lately, and that many have drooled over.

And at least it went to someone who truly loves and cares for it. I don't have the room for it (or the money!), but I'm glad he got it.

Most of my work over the last some years has been in the museum field, so I certainly have an extreme appreciation for the conservation, preservation and interpretation of historically important artifacts. I would hope that John Stamos is giving his prized possessions the loving care they deserve.

... If not, give me a call, John!

• șoș Tom șoș

I thought it was funny he showed up last week at th 50th just fresh off the news his series was cancelled by ABC aka Dinsey. I was working at Warner Bros 2 years ago when his show "Thieves" was cannned, the crew were laughing all day cause he cried during all his scenes. Uncle Jessie isn't as hardcore as we once thought! Thats ok John we are fans of softies around here!

• Santa Barbara, CA

Disney will sell anything now, so if they really saw value in it they would have kept it. Shame on them for dumping their own heritage. i doubt they'd have paid to re erect it for the 50th anyhow. I'm not mad, but pleased to see that someone who loves it, has it, and is maintaining it, which until recently, is more than I could say for the parks. He probably takes dates under the sign to look up at the "D".
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Um...

Apparently Uncle Jesse is also a fan of Catal.... ( :hint/tip: )
    She said all she heard was wind, which was insulting, as my phone was in my back pocket...

• Junior Senior

I doubt Disney asked - I don't think it's in a Disney geek nature not to help out the Mouse when summoned to do so. I mean, come on, it would have been a big exhibit piece that said "On loan from the private collection of John Stamos" on a little placard - IN DISNEYLAND - who can resist that??

• Walt Disney Disciple

My understanding was that Anaheim passed a law banning signs larger than a certain size, presumably to limit some of the garish hotel signs. The Disneyland sign was too large so they had to play by this rule too (not bad, considering that overall this is a good law).

I'm okay with Stamos owning it. The guy is a former cast member and a good guy too, so better him than someone worse. You'd think that Disney would have held onto it though.
    Kevin Crossman
    Disneyland and Disney California Adventure fan
    Disney's Animal Kingdom Fans: http://twitter.com/AnimKingdomFans

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I just don't think it belongs in a warehouse, I wish it was on display- it is such a huge part of Disneyland history and I hated to see it go!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Rainicorn.

I think it's fine. He's a fan. And John Stamos. He did the keyboard kick!
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast