Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

"Its a dumb place, a place that was man-made..."

I was asked yesterday by a friend and he said to me... "Shaun, Why the heck to do you love disneyland so much. Its a dumb place, a place that was man-made!?"

I strongly replied with deidcation saying..

You can go to the year, 1900...IN 1 DAY!
    You can be an exploer and go to the wild river's of the jungle...IN 1 DAY!
    You can go all the way to the wild wild west...IN 1 DAY!
    You can go to Lousisiana...IN 1 DAY!
    You can hang out with Brer Rabbit and Winnie the pooh...IN 1 DAY!
    You can fly with peter pan to never neverland...IN 1 DAY!
    You can also hang out with mickey mouse...IN 1 DAY!
    You can be an astronaot and go to the moon...IN 1 DAY!

What about you? What have you responded to your family or friends about this asking you why. Sometimes they don't get it. Us MiceChatters understand. Your thoughts please?

Re: "Its a dumb place, a place that was man-made..."

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz
    What have you responded to your family or friends about this asking you why.
    I used to respond: "Fantasia Ice Cream"

Now I have to use: "Dole Whip"

• Haunted Mansion Lover

For us it is the one place on earth where my family is focused on each other having fun and enjoyment as opposed to focusing on bills, problems, school and life in general.

Disneyland is the great escape.

Where else can you go and get a churro while standing in line to take a space adventure or trip through a land invaded by pirates or ghosts!
    Foolish Mortal

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by doombuggy driver View Post
    For us it is the one place on earth where my family is focused on each other having fun and enjoyment as opposed to focusing on bills, problems, school and life in general.

Disneyland is the great escape.

Where else can you go and get a churro while standing in line to take a space adventure or trip through a land invaded by pirates or ghosts!
    Ive always said that too. It puts your stress in a temporary jail.

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

Well I am completely obsessed to the max with Disneyland. I have been going there several times a year with my family since I was a baby. It also became even more special to me, because my dad loved it, too. He died suddenly and unexpectedly the day before my 16th Birtdhay almost 3 years ago. This brought Disneyland even more closer to me. Every time I go there, I can feel my dad. He loved it just as much as I did. We used to talk all night about all the things that we loved to do there when I was a kid. It is just a special place where all your troubles can go away. I can't get enough of it. I have so much music and posters and stuff all around my room. Most of my friends love it too (though not nearly as much as I do :0), but some of them think I'm weird cuz I am so obsessed. But not in a bad way...I honestly can't explain why I love it so much. It is just such a magical place where you can experience things you can't experience anywhere in the world. It is my favorite place. I LOVE IT! People just don't understand that it has a special meaning to people like us. That's all I have to say
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

I say that once you go there, you won't feel the same way that you just described.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• I'm not really here

Great answers all... I usually reply along the lines of...

It's the one place in the world where the world doesn't matter at all. Where you cab be attacked by Pirates, meet a princess or two, destroy Zurg and soar over London at night in a flying ship. You can go bobsledding on the Matterhorn and be thrown in the briar patch before ending up on a runaway mine train through the desert. Why on Earth would someone not want to be able to experience that?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Mexihick, y'all

I usually reply with a fist to the face.

Actually, I don't care.

• now on the mainland

I always talk about it's historical importance. Walt Disney was considered to be the greatest artist of the 20th Century (I believe that is referenced from Time magazine). Disneyland is something he labored for and built. Before Disneyland there were no theme parks. How many songs, tv shows and films make reference to Disneyland in one way or another? In the 50's, 60's and even 70's, Disneyland was considered one of the most unique and intriguing places in the country. After that, the person I'm talking to usually has a newly found respect for the place.

• Comin' at ya!

It's a place to escape the ordinary. Where else can you visit a mysterious temple that is so detailed and lifelike down to the bone...You believe you are actually there? The whole indy experience is like none other, it totally sucks you in to the atmosphere. I love it.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Some people just dont get it.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

What ISN'T man-made these days? That person's response is probably the worst reasoning I've ever seen to not like the place. I can understand "it's a waste of time" or "waste of money" or "i'd rather do this.."... but to argue that it's a dumb place that was man-made? That person needs to be sent to the middle of the ocean so he can enjoy the riches of everything not made by man.

Hmm... maybe drowing him is too mean. But you all get the point I hope.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    Some people just dont get it.
    I've "converted" so many that don't get it. Perhaps hundreds. I'm not kidding.
    Maybe I should go to work for Scientology. I could probably make a killing. I'm that good.

"Give me your cynics, your unhappy,
    Your huddled masses yearning,
    Though it ain't free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the clueless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my mousears beside the golden door."

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

I was asked this yesterday, and I also got a "you're a weirdo look," from her while asking this.

I replied:

"You don't ask me about DL and I won't question you on why you like men who dress up in womens clothes. Okay?"

• "714"

I was asked yesterday by a friend and he said to me... "Shaun, Why the heck to do you love disneyland so much. Its a dumb place, a place that was man-made!?"

hmmm.. Sounds like you need to get a new friend! I always get its too much money and way to many people.

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast