View Poll Results: Where / When should I get reservations for?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ariel's Grotto at 5:30 pm

3 3.66%
  • Blue Bayou at 7:00 pm

38 46.34%
  • Napa Rose at 7:00 pm

24 29.27%
  • Blue Bayou at 8:00 pm

17 20.73%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Ex Dept 915 CM

Re: Help me plan a romantic first DL trip dinner!

Blue Bayou all the way. My wife and I ate there the first time.

• Main Gypsy

Oh I think the Napa Rose! Not to crazy about the BB after the last time we went...
    Where ever you decide, I am sure you will have a great time with Prince Phillip!

• Minion FOREVER!

Hmmm. voted NR, but didn't know that it'll be "Phillip"'s first time in BB.

In that case, I think BB is the better choice!
    Definitely 7 though... might want to schedule the dessert on the
    balcony for F!.

Have a nice time, Sadako! Remember, NO PICTURES! (unless you
    really want to!)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Blue Bayou at 7 is the way to go IMO.

That way you have plenty of time to do other stuff in the park that happens in the evening, and you won't eat too late (I know people that eat dinner at 6 and some that eat at 8...makes a hug difference in the hunger factor).

It's also the most romatic spot in the park. And even if one isn't a total gush, they'll still enjoy the atmosphere.

Good luck!

Wink Re: Help me plan a romantic first DL trip dinner!

I would have to go along with the Blue Bayou idea bandied about here.

You can't beat it for atmosphere. It's the best combination of Disney magic and romance. You've got park connections, see if someone can help make your 7:00 visit better.

I would recommend telling the maitre'd that it's a special night and you would like a table on the waterfront. They usually accomodate if you ask nicely and it would be better than eating in the midst of the masses. It's worth asking for something "more" at Disney.

Of course, I agree with the above post about broken hearts. Giving suggestions for you and Phil to connect romantically is a bitter pill for some of us guys. But, we'd rather see you happy.

-DPE
    "You’re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up anyway."
    - Walt Disney

•   
    • Minion

I guess it really depends...

Napa Rose is neet if you are really snobby about food and wine pairings...

Can't beat Blue Bayou for Ambiance... And it is in the park...

I know that Catal had at once time on kick-butt wine list, and decent food... (I had dealings with the staff at one time from my little napa valley winery, so I am a little bias, true)

I always look at Hook's Point and salivate for nearly the same reason... I think it is the asthetic, but if you are a vegitarian, prolly not a good idea...

I am sure anywhere you decide to go, it will be a magical experiance...
    Check out my other blog:

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen4jc View Post
    Sadako's got a boyfriend? Lotta broken hearts here today!

I was always hoping you and DarkBeer would hit it off since you're both DL and camera buffs.
    lisa is going to kill you!! Her and darkbeer have been an item for quit a while now ( I hope to be invited to the wedding ( yeah you heard me lisa and Dave

Oh come on now!!! NAPA ROS........well O.K. BB rocks as well, but Napa Rose is so damn awesome, I love that place, we go at least once a month and every time it is just incredible!! By the way hope you have an AWESOME time with your BF!! =)

• Do you think I'm... odd?

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako View Post
    You didn't know? Phillip and I have been together since August 24th. My big joke is that he was my birthday present (My b-day is August 23rd). Even though it's only been 2 months, it's the first time that it just feels like it's so much more. It's kind of odd, because everyone who sees us together can feel it too.

As for the Blue Bayou's food, I really don't care either way. I'm looking for a special and romantic experience more than anything and I know that the Blue Bayou really can't be beat for that. My culinary choices are slim anyway since I'm vegetarian nowadays. If you think about it, when you remember a romantic meal, you rarely think about what the food itself was unless of course it was particularly awful. You remember the lighting, the mood, the sounds. That's what I'm really looking for. I want this to truly be a night to remember.

*squeeeee!* That made me go all warm and fuzzy inside... You're soooo cute! I think it's probably that I generally end up having to leave for some reason whenever you and I happen to be at the same meet. *shrug* Well, now I know! And I'm so happy for you! And envious... but ya know how it goes when you're sick of being single. I almost cried over "Dirty Dancing" today because of the singleness. Gah... Now *that* is pathetic.

Good luck, sweetheart! Knowing your eye for detail, I'm sure the day will be absolutely magical! ^_^
    Ask me to share your fantasies, dear, but don't ask me where tomorrow is
    Don't ask me where to find happiness, though I know for sure where sorrow is

"A mistake played with hesitance is a mistake. A mistake played with authority is an interpretation." @}--->----

• Beep Beep!

I voted for Napa Rose because they have that special 'chef's table' or something, I saw it on Great Hotels, Samantha did that, the food would be outstanding of course!

HDAlien

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    lisa is going to kill you!! Her and darkbeer have been an item for quit a while now ( I hope to be invited to the wedding ( yeah you heard me lisa and Dave

Whoops! (Spoken in my best Don Adams, "Get Smart" voice) "Sorry about that Chief!"

I don't get out to the MC Meets so I'm unaware of most of the personal relationships going on unless specified here. Sorry to DB and Lisa. Only hoping to entertain a little. Nothing more.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

BB is okay if you can take all the idiots yelling "throw me a roll" from the batteau as they float by...

I have had dinner at Catal on the balcony overlooking Downtown Disney. The food was very good and the view is nice.

Napa Rose is an excellant choice. It's expensive... but worth it!

Have you considered the Vineyard Room in DCA?
    The food there is very good.
    I am sure they can work with your dietary requirements.
    It doesn't have as much "activity" as BB, which can be a distraction.
    The atmosphere there is quieter than BB, and condusive to romance.
    Check it out the next time you are at the Park... it's a nice place for a quiet romantic dinner.

Good luck!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Disneyland or bust!

Even though it's only been 2 months, it's the first time that it just feels like it's so much more. It's kind of odd, because everyone who sees us together can feel it too.
    OK, now I have to ask: when Tool and I ran into you in the Disneyana store a month or so ago, you were with a cute guy, was that him?? I'm so out of the loop! I know what you mean, though, about that feeling... when you meet "him", you just know, you know?

As for the Blue Bayou's food, I really don't care either way. I'm looking for a special and romantic experience more than anything and I know that the Blue Bayou really can't be beat for that.
    Yep, yep, yep! Go for the atmosphere, for the most unreplicatable place in Disneyland. The others have great atmosphere and food, but dang, where else can you dine INSIDE a ride??

Also, that way you'll already be inside of Disneyland, even near the right area, before the fireworks start. If you go to one of the DCA restaurants, you might have to rush over to Disneyland and get through the crowds to see the fireworks and Fantasmic. If you go to BB, you'll already be there!
    "A bad day at Disneyland is better then a great day at work." ~ Max Fischer

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

I voted for Napa Rose, myself. It's a beautiful restaurant and the service and food are always fantastic. And the view of Grizzly Peak is pretty cool.
    But I have to say, Vineyard Room would have been my vote for the tops romantic resort experience. It's great to sit on the balcony as the sun goes down and the Paradise Pier lights go up. And I've always been totally pleased by the food and service there, too.

• Banned User

Go for Blue Bayou at 8:00 pm

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast