View Poll Results: Where / When should I get reservations for?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ariel's Grotto at 5:30 pm

3 3.66%
  • Blue Bayou at 7:00 pm

38 46.34%
  • Napa Rose at 7:00 pm

24 29.27%
  • Blue Bayou at 8:00 pm

17 20.73%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• A New Kind Of Villain

Help me plan a romantic first DL trip dinner!

Ok, so after constant nagging, I finally got my boyfriend (who I'll affectionatelly refer to as Phillip) to agree to spend the entire day with me at the park on saturday. The thing is, I want this trip to be amazingly special (and dare I say, romantic) since it's the first time (of hopefully many more) that we'll be going to the park together. I'm thinking a dinner reservation may be the perfect opportunity for this, the question is... where and when? A few people made some suggestions, but I thought I'd throw it out on the board and find out what you guys think. Keep in mind with the timing issues that I want to see if we can get a chance to see Remember... Dreams Come True and maybe even the 10:30 pm showing of Fantasmic! So keep that in mind.

- Ariel's Grotto at 5:30 pm (sunset is at 6:03 pm on saturday)
    - Blue Bayou at 7:00 pm
    - Napa Rose at 7:00 pm
    - Blue Bayou at 8:00 pm
    - OTHER (feel free to suggest)
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• decorating

Re: Help me plan a romantic first DL trip dinner!

First trip? Blue Bayou, all the way. That way your head explodes with all of the magicalness.

• Sock Puppet

Denny's

• I'd rather be @ D-land

I like to be sitting on Main Street when they start to turn on the lights in the trees (around sunset). I tried to get my boyfriend to propose to me there, but he knew that I really wanted it to be a surprise and asked 3 days before a planned trip to the park.

I would go with Blue Bayou at 7. That way you can wait the extra time for the waterfront table and still get out in plenty of time to see Rembmer... from a decent spot. You can't beat BB for romance at Disneyland. Last time I was there a couple got engaged.
    Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.

• Do you think I'm... odd?

But you didn't really care for the menu at the Bayou, I thought? And wow, am I out of the loop, I didn't even know you guys were an "item!" Go with either Ariel's for the sunset over Paradise Bay, or the Napa Rose, since that one's been award winning since it opened.
    Ask me to share your fantasies, dear, but don't ask me where tomorrow is
    Don't ask me where to find happiness, though I know for sure where sorrow is

"A mistake played with hesitance is a mistake. A mistake played with authority is an interpretation." @}--->----

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTom View Post
    Denny's
    I was going to say the same thing. if he is not a disney boy, then no amount of fixing will work, just ask those wives whos hubby do not like disneyland

• Keep that Zebra safe...

Aww that is soo sweet I say Blue Bayou at 7:00pm and cuddle together for the fireworks. Sometimes you kind of have to PUSH your male to be romantic at disneyland he'll get used to it (or at least thats what I tell myself).

Disneyland Visits - 264
    DCA Visits - 52
    and counting...

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRedAngel View Post
    But you didn't really care for the menu at the Bayou, I thought? And wow, am I out of the loop, I didn't even know you guys were an "item!" Go with either Ariel's for the sunset over Paradise Bay, or the Napa Rose, since that one's been award winning since it opened.
    You didn't know? Phillip and I have been together since August 24th. My big joke is that he was my birthday present (My b-day is August 23rd). Even though it's only been 2 months, it's the first time that it just feels like it's so much more. It's kind of odd, because everyone who sees us together can feel it too.

As for the Blue Bayou's food, I really don't care either way. I'm looking for a special and romantic experience more than anything and I know that the Blue Bayou really can't be beat for that. My culinary choices are slim anyway since I'm vegetarian nowadays. If you think about it, when you remember a romantic meal, you rarely think about what the food itself was unless of course it was particularly awful. You remember the lighting, the mood, the sounds. That's what I'm really looking for. I want this to truly be a night to remember.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries

You know, if you are truly meant to be and in love, it doesn't matter where you eat. The best meal I had was when my fance and I had Hot Chocolate and chocolate chip cookies. I kept the bag, laminated it and mounted it on my wall. She sighs each time she looks at it.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

Sadako's got a boyfriend? Lotta broken hearts here today!

I was always hoping you and DarkBeer would hit it off since you're both DL and camera buffs.

• Mousketeer

Personally, I would recommend ditching the whole "romantic" notion completely.

Since Philip is a guy, make it a really fun day for him, don't push the romance.

Now if you want the BB because it's good food that's great.

Remember Men are a different species than women. If he's having fun with you he'll bring you back for romance. If the romance is feeling pushed on him, he'll hate it.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

nothing says 'I Love You ' more than a fritter and a dole whip.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• Neep meep beep

Phillip? That's not his name.... oh wait, I get it, "Prince Phillip", right? I'd say the more "Tech" the restaurant the better for him. Especially if its Taste Pilot's Grill with the high tech screens.

Hey, you can combine "Cal" and "Tech" that way!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Since you are vegetarian, do the BB. Try the portobello mushrooms. Mmmmmm. I know they offer them for lunch, not sure about dinner.
    A signature should go here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast