Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

PHOTO UPDATE 10/22: Tomorrowland, Monkey in the Mansion, Monsters, Merch, +MORE

This photo update is a bit late, but there isn't much new going on in the pictures... so I didn't rush to get them up. Just some new Ears, a couple shots of the Sub Lagoon, and behind the Monsters Inc refurb wall...

Here we go

WELCOME TO DISNEYLAND
    The Harbor marquee is out from it's covers. Darkbeer posted photos of this a while back already, but here's a shot from the car:

The location for the Steamboat Willie collage is still behind it's curtain. For the most part, the area looks finished, I wonder what the hold-up is?

TOMORROWLAND WORK PROGRESSES

New stairs/ramps for the Monorail platform are coming along:

...And new lighting has been installed on the Tomorrowland Terrace stage:

INSIDE THE SUB LAGOON

MONSTERS INC REFURB WALL

Took a peek over the construction wall to find big door props. I'm going to guess this area is gonig to become an eventual photo op area, but boy is it taking long for this photo op to come along?!

MONKEY BRIDE!
    A new monkey bride has been added to the Haunted Mansion's attic, to the left of where the bride usually stands. Here's a short video clip of the new monkey

NEW MERCH AND COLLECTIBLES
    New light-up Year of a Million Dreams ears, part of the Disney's DREAMS Collection. They're really nice looking, actually, even if they are totally obnoxious. Hopefully people will take advantage of that on/off switch and turn the dang things off inside of attractions.

New Jack Skellington Sculpture is coming out soon:

As well as a new Nightmare watch:

And Olzewski's Pirates of the Caribbean sculpture is coming soon as well!

....Alright... that's it for now.
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 10-24-2006 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Added photo of light-up ears.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 10/22: Tomorrowland, Monkey in the Mansion, Monsters, Merch, +MORE

Thanks for that! Excellent update. The monkey bride cracks me up!!!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 10/22: Tomorrowland, Monkey in the Mansion, Monsters, Merch, +MORE

PS you made my day with that monkey bride video. Sometimes it's a little thing that can turn your day around!

Um, yeah -- oops, I thought my PS was going to be en edit to the previous post. Sorry.
    Last edited by disneyballerina; 10-24-2006 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Oops

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

Amazing lagoon shots once again! and the Monsters photo op, Thanks again
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

• Minion

Monkey in the Mansion, Monsters, Merch, +MORE
    Amazing Alliteration, Andy!

Those two places under refurb walls - Main Street and Monsters Inc - have been giving me question marks too. I suppose all we can do in the meantime is take pics of it.

I totally dig the lighting on the TT stage. Every time I pass by it I like it more and more, and that's saying something since every time I passed Club Buzz I despised it more and more.

My first reaction to light-up ears is, I just know someone will have them on in the ballroom...

And as for the monkey bride - leave it to Disney to hide something as peculiar as that.

Great photos. Thanks for the update.
    Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by disneyballerina View Post
    PS you made my day with that monkey bride video. Sometimes it's a little thing that can turn your day around!

Um, yeah -- oops, I thought my PS was going to be en edit to the previous post. Sorry.
    Glad I could help

| | |

• Neep meep beep

I saw a lot of people with the light up sparkly star ears on Sunday, and I loved them! I think it's clever, and too bad they're not giving THOSE out for the YOMD!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Awesome update! How did you get those inside the Submarine Voyage shots?
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Disney worshipper/geek

I wish I oculd go to the signing!

My great-uncle was an artist, and his name happened to be David Pacheco. This guy had to add in his middle initial for a while because f my uncle! I would love to be able to meet him and tell him that. Sometimes, it was confusing...
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

...Realized I forgot to include the photo of the light up ears. They're there now

| | |

• Senior Minion

Saw alot of the new ears too. Surprised me to see they light up. So much for the element of immersion on the rides.
    Had to look hard for that monkey, good eye Gracey.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Disneyland Freak

The ears are not much more distracting in dark rides like Haunted Mansion than the spinny Buzz and princess things that they've been selling for the past few years or the glow neckalces that they've been selling for decades.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dlfreak View Post
    The ears are not much more distracting in dark rides like Haunted Mansion than the spinny Buzz and princess things that they've been selling for the past few years or the glow neckalces that they've been selling for decades.
    True, but it's only fanning the flames.

...Then again, I suppose it won't be long until everyone will be sporting light-up shirts, so maybe this isn't such a big deal after all.

• Disneyland Freak

Oh I remember that, those are so cool! lol!
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast