Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: New Ears ( not the freebies)

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeia View Post
    We were at the parks this past weekend and I got a pair of the new Ears (not the YOAMD cloud ones)...I don't have them here with me so I will post a pic as soon as I get back home...(maybe someone already has)

They are very cool, dark blue w/ silver ears that have lights on them. You flip the battery switch on the back to turn on/off and the ears "sparkle" The front has a patch w/ Mickey and the castle and it says something about dreams...

One cool feature is that these actually have an elastic strap on the ADULT ears, which I think is great because I'm always having to remember to bring pins to keep my ears on my head.

These were so new that the Mad Hatter CM had to call to ask if it was ok to embroider these (maybe he thought there were wires that might get stiched??) and another CM stopped me on Main Street to ask me where I got the cool ears. Also, I only saw a few others wearing them.

Anyhoo, I will post a pic when I get back home w/ a full trip report.
    Disney actually has listened. What we have been told, is that the intent is wherever possible- all new ears will be embroiderable, and will have chin straps.

The new light up ears are able to be embroidered on, thanx to the fact that the wires et al are completely contained within each ear, and thus there is nothing significantly different from the felt cap than other ears.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

• Lowering Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    Mickey looks a little weird.
    But you have to admit, at least this time he's not holding a baton upside-down...

...speaking as a pure bando here, that's the one and only thing that bugs me about the last Mick. This one he's just gesturing towards a Disney Castle.

I like the dark blue on these Dream ears much, much more than the cloud print on the Dream ears that are given away. I'll say this a million times for the next 15 months, but I'm not big on the whole cloud thing.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak View Post
    Ah. so that's why we couldn't find any of them last night. It's too bad, my friend's boyfriend really wanted a pair.
    I wanted some as well. Looked ALL over last week, to no avail. Weird thing was, I still saw people wearing them. They must have JUST sold out that weekend. Hopefully they'll get some more in before next Tues.

i dont think very much of the logo either the hat is just a bit weird.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeia View Post
    We were at the parks this past weekend and I got a pair of the new Ears (not the YOAMD cloud ones)...I don't have them here with me so I will post a pic as soon as I get back home...(maybe someone already has)

They are very cool, dark blue w/ silver ears that have lights on them. You flip the battery switch on the back to turn on/off and the ears "sparkle" The front has a patch w/ Mickey and the castle and it says something about dreams...

One cool feature is that these actually have an elastic strap on the ADULT ears, which I think is great because I'm always having to remember to bring pins to keep my ears on my head.

These were so new that the Mad Hatter CM had to call to ask if it was ok to embroider these (maybe he thought there were wires that might get stiched??) and another CM stopped me on Main Street to ask me where I got the cool ears. Also, I only saw a few others wearing them.

Anyhoo, I will post a pic when I get back home w/ a full trip report.
    Exciting!

Now to get the cloud ones..

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    But you have to admit, at least this time he's not holding a baton upside-down...

...speaking as a pure bando here, that's the one and only thing that bugs me about the last Mick. This one he's just gesturing towards a Disney Castle.

I like the dark blue on these Dream ears much, much more than the cloud print on the Dream ears that are given away. I'll say this a million times for the next 15 months, but I'm not big on the whole cloud thing.
    Weird... I never noticed that Mickey was holding the baton the wrong way. haha.

Quote Originally Posted by ClubDisCM View Post
    I wanted some as well. Looked ALL over last week, to no avail. Weird thing was, I still saw people wearing them. They must have JUST sold out that weekend. Hopefully they'll get some more in before next Tues.
    I saw a bunch of the new ears available in the Emporium on Sunday.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    I saw a bunch of the new ears available in the Emporium on Sunday.
    The pumpkin ones? Seriously?!?!?!?!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

My bad, I was thinking of the light-up ears.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    My bad, I was thinking of the light-up ears.
    Sheesh Andy! Get me all excited, why don't you!

• Cast Member

For the record, for about 2 weeks we have been out of those Pumpkin ears. It wasn't just recently. They made a small run on those ears because that was all they intended and thought people wanted over in merchandising.

Next year they will compensate for that and odds are you guys will ignore the ears when they come back next year and we'll have tons left like the hideous Easter and St. Patrick's Day ears.

That's just how I see it. LOL

Bye.

• Banned User

gee I remember when all you could get was the plain old black ears with the red patch. now they are like designer ears. something new for each season. whatever marketing genius thought of this deserves a bonus. actually i prefer my ears the original way thank you very much , but i must admit i loved the golden ears and have four pairs of disneyland and one of WDW. and the WDW has mickey in a tux ratther than the band leader uniform. I would love one of the million dreams hats but I never win anything. wonder what the WDW light up version will look like.

• DCA lover

I saw some at the Disney Soda Fountain last thursday. (along with WDW golden ears hahaha)

• Oh my Goodness!

Oh! I want a pair of the light up ears! I think they are so neat! Yay! I haven't liked most of the "designer ears" - like the goldens - the freebie ears are neat and these are really cool! Yay. Thanks for sharing

Sorry if I missed this, but how much were the light up ears?

• Minion

they said they aren't getting any more in, and now they are ordering smaller quantities of everything, I guesss so thar they don't have excess stock, so if you see something you want grab it, because you may not get the chance later!!

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast