• Circle of Ancients

Can you see the Fireworks from the parking structure?

Here is the problem we are having.

We are going to LegoLand on Saturday for the AP preview of their new ride. We are then staying at the Hyatt Garden Grove on Saturday night. (Thanks to Priceline for $50 rooms at the Hyatt )

Then we are going to DL on Sunday. We will not be staying late because of Work/School on Monday so we won't be seeing the fireworks show. We wanted to see them on Saturday, but the thought of spending $120 for Blackout tickets doesn't sit well with me.

So then I had the idea to go up to the Top of the Parking Structure and take a look. I know we won't be able to see everything, but just to get an idea before we can see the full show sometime later this year. Will Security let you do this? Just hang out to see the show?

Thoughts?

• (maybe they're right!)

I'm sure you could get into the praking structure at anytime before the park closes...just shell out the 10 bucks... (or if you have the big P on your AP...flash it and get in free!).

While you may not be able to actually PARK on the top level, you can certainly park wherever they direct you and take the elevator from your level to the top...

Your view of the fireworks would be OK, but you'd be missing so much from up there, as there seem to be far fewer large shells and so much more happening at ground-level (or on/around the castle)...not sure if I would bother. But your call, obviously.

One good thing...there is no "front side" to the exploding shells. They are really spherical when they explode, so you'll be able to see them fine...just far away and w/o music. Not sure about the "happy Face" shells....they must have a "Front side".... :confused:

Kevin

• Videographer

If you pay to get into the structure or have the big P on your pass - nothing is preventing you from viewing the fireworks in the Esplanade.

That aside - you will see the fireworks. I hope to be on the structure Sat nite shooting some wide angle shots for my video. If you see a guy with a tripod and 2 semi-undercontrol kids; that would probably be me.

RU

• (maybe they're right!)

Quote Originally Posted by RU42
    If you pay to get into the structure or have the big P on your pass - nothing is preventing you from viewing the fireworks in the Esplanade.

RU
    True....and you may be able to hear some of the music from there, if you can get far enough away from the obnoxious Block Party cone!

• CM for 4 years!

You can see the fireworks from up to ten miles away. I live a good deal away in Orange, and I can see them easily from ground level, and perfectly from the 6 floor parking structure.

• Circle of Ancients

Didn't think about the Esplanade, that could work as well.

We do have the P so parking is not an issue.

Thanks for the tips.

• Videographer

Quote Originally Posted by SomeSayImGoofy
    True....and you may be able to hear some of the music from there, if you can get far enough away from the obnoxious Block Party cone!
    LOL! That is so true.

Another thought - if I end up going on Saturday to shoot from the structure I plan on bringing a portible CD player and play the Remember track from one of my CDs. Getting it sync'd wont be easy - I will probably play until the 'star light, star bright' and then pause it then begin the tape after those first 2 mini fireworks. That should get me close enough.

I have viewed fireworks from there and you really cannot hear anything. An occasional piece might echo far enough but nothing coherant.

RU