Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Closed Account

Thumbs down Would you want to see Mickey's Halloween Treat in DL next year?

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween circa 1995 was the best! I just saw some pictures of WDWs version of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween held in the MK and talk about fun!

Would you want to see Mickey's Halloween Treat 2007 in Disneyland? I sure would! Yes I know DCA is hurting financially and this is managements way of boosting revenue for that park but let's get back to basics! If WDW can have their party in MK why not we have ours in DL! I do believe that Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween did originate in DL back in '95! (Yeesh that was 11 years ago! Man I feel old!)

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Would you want to see Mickey's Halloween Treat in DL next year?

It was, here's some shots of the original program.

Mickey's Halloween Treat at Disneyland 1995 - 9/3/06
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...een+treat+1995

At this point from what I've seen of the promotional overview, it's scheduled to return to DCA next year.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Closed Account

My point exactly! WAS! Needs to be AGAIN!

• Senior Minion

Well, it was originally in DL but I have to admit that DCA is a good venue for the event. Can you imagine booting out folks from DL for the Halloween people?!? I know I wouldn't like it. And being that DL is larger then DCA they would have to sell more tickets ... which means more people.

Personally I had NEVER been to DCA, and this was a good way to experience the park in a leisurely way for me. I liked the fact even though the event sold out (does anybody know what their ticket limit was?) there weren't large crowds that discouraged you from lining up for any of the rides.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch74 View Post
    Well, it was originally in DL but I have to admit that DCA is a good venue for the event. Can you imagine booting out folks from DL for the Halloween people?!? I know I wouldn't like it. And being that DL is larger then DCA they would have to sell more tickets ... which means more people.

Personally I had NEVER been to DCA, and this was a good way to experience the park in a leisurely way for me. I liked the fact even though the event sold out (does anybody know what their ticket limit was?) there weren't large crowds that discouraged you from lining up for any of the rides.
    That is just it though! 1995 they DIDN'T boot people out of DL (at least I don't recall they did)! The place was packed and full of costumed guests....don't recall seeing any costumed CMs running around.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

^This is exactly why a Halloween event was resurrected for the DLR. It's apparently far less expensive to budget for this event in DCA than would be in DL.
    Last edited by ALIASd; 10-26-2006 at 11:03 AM.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Banned User

MHT gets better every year!

• The pride is back.

If it [does] return to DL, I'd like to see the Headless Horseman ride down Main Street, as apparently used to happen at MK. Do they still even do that?

• Closed Account

Headless Horseman down Main Street? That would be cool to see!!!

• The pride is back.

Quote Originally Posted by WatchYourHeadNStep View Post
    Headless Horseman down Main Street? That would be cool to see!!!
    Yep, from what I heard, it was. He rode at full speed down Main Street at midnight.

Someone might even have pictures...(hint hint)

• Adventures with Duffy

Oh I remember Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween circa 1995 and it was the best. I did go to the halloween event this year at DCA and thought it was good. I think haveing it in DL is better, just because its Disneyland. There is nothing like DL, but DCA was good too. I am just glad that we have a halloween event and I hope it goes and has more things next year.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    Oh I remember Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween circa 1995 and it was the best. I did go to the halloween event this year at DCA and thought it was good. I think haveing it in DL is better, just because its Disneyland. There is nothing like DL, but DCA was good too. I am just glad that we have a halloween event and I hope it goes and has more things next year.
    Ah yes! Someone that agrees with me! The pictures I saw from WDW MK were excellent! Three Muskateers in their "Mousekeeter" outfits riding POTC, 18 family memebers all dressed as pirates on POTC, ghosts and ghoulies running around HM!

At DCA one will need to show up as a surfer dude and go hang out on the pier!

• Rock Star Minion

But, there are hardly EVER any large crowds in DCA, so that is not a valid excuse. The only thing that could possibly keep you from DCA is the obviously better choice of your valuable time. [Pointing next door.]
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• The pride is back.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    The only thing that could possibly keep you from DCA is the obviously better choice of your valuable time. [Pointing next door.]
    Why, what's going on at the convention center?

Ohhhh. Right.

• Closed Account

[quote=DarkRider;1056529]Why, what's going on at the convention center?

Ohhhh. Right.[quote]

Cheerleader competitions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast