Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Test Track at DLR

Maybe not exactly test track, But very identical to it, with a different theme! I dont care what theme! BUILD IT!

• Minion FOREVER!

I think I heard somewhere that Test Track's base ride system is the same as Indy (albeit souped up for speed). Is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by nish221 View Post
    I think I heard somewhere that Test Track's base ride system is the same as Indy (albeit souped up for speed). Is that true?
    No....It was the same basic technology as Rocket Rods...which is why Test Track opened several years late.

I would like a ride to use the technology, just not a carbon copy though. I've heard mixed reviews about Test Track, but all seem to love the fast portion. Maybe they can create a new theme besides testing cars for the darkride portion and the ride would be better recieved.

Quote Originally Posted by ravencroft View Post
    I think Disney should consider building a Test Track attraction at DLR. California is the center of car culture and there are a lot of auto enthusiasts in So. California.

How about it Bob Iger? Test Track at DCA!

Anybody here agree ?
    Well have you heard of rocket rods? yah..that didn't work out very well

• Lost in Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Last summer, when I visited WDW for the first time, I waited about 3 hours for Test Track. It broke down right as we were about to load.

We waited again for 3 hours the next day.

Boy, did I want those 6 hours of wait time back. I thought the ride was immensely over-hyped and nowhere near as good as many say it is.
    This reminds me of my one experience of the Rocket Rods. To the T. Except I waited two different times to get on and the first time broke down (after waiting for 2+ hours). Later in the evening I was able to get on after an hour and half wait and it was such a disappointment. It made me really miss the People Mover since I loved to relax on it and just take in Tomorrowland from above.

Ooo I just had an idea. Wouldnt it be cool if they took the Test Track/Rocket Rod concept, modified the mechanism so the ride vehicle could be programmed to pivot, so in addition to speed you would "drift" the curves.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by ravencroft View Post
    I think Disney should consider building a Test Track attraction at DLR. California is the center of car culture and there are a lot of auto enthusiasts in So. California.

How about it Bob Iger? Test Track at DCA!

Anybody here agree ?

Sorry, but I don't agree that Test Track would be a good addition to Disneyland Resort. Even at DCA, which definitely needs another E-Ticket (and a ton more D and C tickets too).

Test Track is just too boring and if the climax of the ride is to go "fast" it won't work since everyone drives 80 mph on the freeways in their own convertibles here anyway.

What they can do with the car theme is have a rollercoaster similar to Rock'n'Rollercoaster but each vehicle will be a different classic roadster. Driving on tracks designed to look like a normal road through classic landmarks one would see on a road trip. Music onboard will be classic cruisin/driving music. The ride can have two competing tracks so that the start of each ride are two vehicles are about to race each other (like the american grafitti days) until they go their own seperate ways.

The queue can have displays (maybe borrowed from Jay Leno's collection) of classic cars with a history of the automobile or other forms of transportation (like the trolley) and how CA affected or changed it.

I dunno... that just went through my mind right now so it would need a lot more work to be good. I just wouldn't want Test Track here at all. Give us something better and unique.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Minion

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Journey to the Center of the Earth, a TRUE E-ticket attraction based on Test Track technology. Just so you know, this fantastic attraction is located in Tokyo DisneySea.
    http://www.tdrfan.com/tds/mysterious...rney/index.htm
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    I can't believe nobody has mentioned Journey to the Center of the Earth, a TRUE E-ticket attraction based on Test Track technology. Just so you know, this fantastic attraction is located in Tokyo DisneySea.
    http://www.tdrfan.com/tds/mysterious...rney/index.htm

Hehe... I would have mentioned it if I've ever been there! I'd love to go. Hopefully next year maybe.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Koubu Pilot

Rocket Rods was the Disneyland version of Test Track, but on a smaller scale (and obviously budget). I didn't think the 2 hour wait was worth it, and that was at night.

It's funny to me that Test Track's big selling feature is that it reaches 60 mph. I drive my car at about 75 on the freeway. When I'm driving to Disneyland, I'm barreling through the desert at about 85 mph.

Cars != rides. Cars are under your own control and enclosed. A pre-programmed open air ride is completely different.
    Rocket Rods could have worked if they had retrofitted the track. They still can, and they still should. They could fit more seats in that thing and make it work. I've always wished they would.

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

i'd rather just go to that joint in i think montebello? off the 60?

but yeah, dealing enough with those annoying mufflers that sounds like a propellor plane is about to crash, so annoying and a trigger for migraines

they should really ban those too,

anyways, anything to deal with cars, i'd want to see themed "Cars"

Quote Originally Posted by Koutesu View Post
    Rocket Rods was the Disneyland version of Test Track, but on a smaller scale (and obviously budget). I didn't think the 2 hour wait was worth it, and that was at night.

It's funny to me that Test Track's big selling feature is that it reaches 60 mph. I drive my car at about 75 on the freeway. When I'm driving to Disneyland, I'm barreling through the desert at about 85 mph.
    Many coasters only go around 40-60 mph. The difference is being strapped into a ride. The cars are smaller, the spaces tighter, and no other cars are zooming around you. Add onto this the fact you have no control and that it is an open topped vehicle rounding a track with banked curves. The end result is that it feels much faster.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Cool Re: Test Track at DLR

Quote Originally Posted by Koutesu View Post
    Rocket Rods was the Disneyland version of Test Track, but on a smaller scale (and obviously budget).
    And, that is why I think if they ever come back to the idea of "Test Track in Anaheim" it will be on the PeopleMover 'right of way' throughout Tomorrowland, and given the Iger purchase of Pixar, as has been suggested, it'll have a CARS or Pixar overlay of some kind. Maybe by the time this gets going the Autopia will already be CARStopia sponsored by Mattel, featuring electric motors, instead of the Cheveron sponsored ride we have now.

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Last summer, when I visited WDW for the first time, I waited about 3 hours for Test Track. It broke down right as we were about to load.

We waited again for 3 hours the next day.

Boy, did I want those 6 hours of wait time back. I thought the ride was immensely over-hyped and nowhere near as good as many say it is.
    More fool you!
    No ride at WDW is worth 3 hours, let alone 6!
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California