View Poll Results: Where should the next big Disney resort be located?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Australia

49 37.12%
  • Egypt

2 1.52%
  • United Kingdom

10 7.58%
  • Canada

24 18.18%
  • South Africa

1 0.76%
  • Brazil

4 3.03%
  • Mexico

6 4.55%
  • Italy

2 1.52%
  • Russia

3 2.27%
  • Other (Please explain below)

31 23.48%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• The one, the only...

Re: Where Should The Next Big Disney Park Be Built?

Overseas parks have not proven themselves to be money-makers. Euro Disney, then called Disneyland Paris, has not made money. Hong Kong is very new, but has not made money yet. Tokyo has been doing very well, but when Disney Seas opened it decapitated strong Tokyo Disneyland attendance.

The best Disney strategy is to focus where they have been making money, that is Orlando and secondly Anaheim. Both resorts need to keep visitors longer. The typical Orlando visitor stays only 4 nights. But people take a week off of work at a time. So Disney needs to get the number more like 5 to 6 nights to represent a week. Disneyland has a lower visitor stay at 2 to 3 nights. That needs to go to 4 to 5. Additional parks do make people plan to stay longer figuring a day per park. Disney's best plan is to go where the money is.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Comin' at ya!

Honestly, i don't want another DL to be built. I find that when another one comes up, it degrades the value of the original in Cali. I don't know why, But i feel the more parks of Disney the more the original is disgraced. But for the people who can't make it to the US, i can understand.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I love the diversity that everybody is sharing to this topic! I never imagined that it would go in so many directions!

"Disneyland, the Starbucks of the theme park world"

I still think that a Disneyland would be perfect for Minnesota. There are three main reasons why I feel this would work to the companies benefit.

1. The restricted season would allow for locals to travel to WDW and Disneyland throughout the Winter months. While locals and near-locals could by AP's and enjoy the Minnesota park from about March-November, they could still justify a trip to Orlando and Anaheim.

2. If one looks at the attendance of some of the biggest parks in the Upper Midwest, such as Six Flags Great America and Cedar Point, it is easy to see that a Disneyland in Minnesota could bring in numbers in upwards of five to six million a year easily. Now while this is not as large as the other Disney parks, one needs to consider where those folks come from. Instead of a midwestern family taking one or two trips to a Disney park every five years or so, they can visit one every year and bring their shopping and dining dollars with them.

3. It closes the gap on the American proximity. If one looks at a geographic map of the United States, one can see that residents of Minnesota, South and North Dakota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan, and Illinois are the furthest from any Disney park in America. With the way transportation costs keep rising and the continuing trouble with airlines, it seems advantageous to put a Disney park within a day's drive of every state of the Union, save Alaska and Hawaii. Each individual Disney park would become a hub for the surrounding populations. A trip to Disney would not be a financially crippling idea.

The climate in Minnesota is much more tame than people make it out to be. As global warming continues, our climate is shifting to be more and more temperate every year. I believe that a seasonal Disney park, complemented by a Downtown Disney district in the Mall of America, would bring in a great deal of income for TWDC, and would be a great benefit to the people of the Midwest.

In case your wondering, I have drawn up sketches and plans of what such a Disneyland North might look like.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• Monorail Racer

Of the ones listed, I'd probably choose Australia. I'm not sure how great it would work in some of the other locales, but it would probably be fairly successful Down Under.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Minn A SOTA land you say? I don't be thinkin the ice be attractive to an outdoor theme park eh, its too COOLD thar.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456