Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Re: DCA vs. Six Flags Magic Mountain

I hate Magic Mtn. It sucks, it smells, its ghetttttooooo!!!! Disrespectful crowds, and half the people should really get a room at the hotel across the street!!!

So yeah, DCA cause my mamma told me so!

• Keepin' it calsteady

I'm joining the chorus: DCA.

I haven't been to Magic Mountain in years, but I remember it as being a day of: wait in long line, ride roller coaster, walk to next line, repeat. It didn't feel like what I want from a park. It didn't take me away from the everyday world and make me feel different (well, I felt like I had to wash my hands a lot, but that's not what I had in mind).

Bottom line is that I wouldn't go to DCA either if I couldn't go to DL in the same day.

• Banned User

DCA does actually have pleasant, relaxing, and enjoyable ambiance. You can't sit in the lobby of the Animation Building and immerse yourself in clips of Disney animated films. You can't sit on a bench on the boardwalk and watch waves crash along the jetty. You can't sit down at a winery and watch a parade go by while sipping on an iced tea. And you most definately can't eat a Shrimp Louie by the rocks in the bay side.

None of those experiences are present at Magic Mountain. Plus, you go home smelling like ess hache eye tee and pay just as much to get in. Riff raff hangs around that park, slurpies are split in the walkways, and everything you dare to touch is sticky and smells like throw up. Plus there are leaves EVERYWHERE. Never again...

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

I won't go to MM...'cuz I hate giant roller coasters. And I agree with the theme park/amusement park comment. I'll go with theme park any day.
    Anyway, I love DCA! It may not have the rides that Disneyland has, but I do enjoy the atmosphere over there.
    And the booze doesn't hurt. Mmmmm...Cove Bar...

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by phruby View Post
    DCA has safe environment, theming, good food, ride variety, quick load/unload, nice castmembers and a bright future.

SFMM has gangs, no theming, food poisioning, rollercoasters, snail load/unload, rude employees and a future as track housing.
    hmmm... DCA has abundance of AP (ie people who don't pay to get into the park), stuco strip mall theming, carnie rides, no in park transporation, too many bad movies masquarading as attractions, not enough employees, too many closed restaruants, and a brighter past as a parking lot...

Your point?

I would prefer Six Flags Marine World (even with it's problems) to DCA.
    Check out my other blog:

• Sector Two Droid Repair

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound View Post
    hmmm... DCA has abundance of AP (ie people who don't pay to get into the park), stuco strip mall theming, carnie rides, no in park transporation, too many bad movies masquarading as attractions, not enough employees, too many closed restaruants, and a brighter past as a parking lot...

Your point?

I would prefer Six Flags Marine World (even with it's problems) to DCA.
    Are you sure your not talking about SFMM? At SFMM you have gang member APs, metal detectors at the entrence, random stuco strip mall theming, carnie rides, unsafe rollercoasters, long waits for few people in line, no in park transportation because it broke down years ago, no nice employees, restraunts that smell like barf and will give you food poisoning and a much brighter past when trolls roamed the park.

Disney at least gets you on and off a ride quickly. I don't like spending hours for a coaster that has one train on it (since the other four are broken) and ten minutes load and unloads between goes. I would rather wait with 1000 people ahead of me instead of less than 50 for the same time. SFMM is a pit.
    http://www.endorexpress.net/
    Disneyland - It's better than drugs.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by phruby View Post
    Are you sure your not talking about SFMM? At SFMM you have gang member APs, metal detectors at the entrence, random stuco strip mall theming, carnie rides, unsafe rollercoasters, long waits for few people in line, no in park transportation because it broke down years ago, no nice employees, restraunts that smell like barf and will give you food poisoning and a much brighter past when trolls roamed the park.

Disney at least gets you on and off a ride quickly. I don't like spending hours for a coaster that has one train on it (since the other four are broken) and ten minutes load and unloads between goes. I would rather wait with 1000 people ahead of me instead of less than 50 for the same time. SFMM is a pit.
    DCA, with empty store fronts... Merchendize that doesn't move... Managment that gets ticked off for waiting an hour for food that is not that great because of staffing problems... For get being nice, how about some employees!

DCA, escape California to be in California only with better custodians...

MM doesn't try to hide what it is... A thrill park...
    DCA does try to hide what it is... A glorified carnie...
    Check out my other blog:

• It's all about Theme!

DCA! DCA! How I love DCA.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Zero Blockout Dates

SFMM is home to some of my favorite roller coasters but I'd still have to say DCA
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Minion

Definately DCA...there's no way I'd go to SFMM!
    "Happiness is a state of mind...." Walt Disney

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney

thmar

Hands down DCA,

Although Magic Mountain has two really great coasters (Tatsu and X which in my opinion are two of the most unique and thrilling coasters in the world)
    Management has zero clue on how to run a park or train employees, it is a disaster. Very sad since it has so much potential! They really need a new General Manager who knows how to deal with employees and really transform the park into what it truly can be.

Now if you love Coasters, you must visit MM (although X is closed until early 07) Just do not go on a Saturday and do not compare it to Disney or even Knotts and you will be ok Especially since they may sell off Magic Mountain to land developers (what a tragedy it would be for roller coaster enthusiasts) I really hope someone gets in there and shows the bean counters how much potential that park has if managed correctly. Especially if they build a good dark ride Ala Spider Man adventure at Universal Florida.

DCA is a great park that has some serious design flaws that are going to be addressed, it still is a fun place and I really enjoy it. It has a long way to go but it is miles ahead from MM. To some I know that might not mean much!

No real comparison in my book, they are just way to different.
    DCA is hands down the winner though in the uneven competition! Although if Magic Mountain seriously turned things around and spent some serious cash on developing it might be a different story, though sadly I do not see that happening.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12