Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How often do you experience castmember's "magic"?

I've been an annual passholder for 2 years and I really haven't experienced that much of the castmembers "magic" that people talk about. I'm thinking that it may have to do with the fact that I'm in my 20s (around the same age as many of the castmembers) so they feel weird acting around me, but I honestly hardly ever come across an employee that has the type of "magic" Walt Disney wanted for the park.

Has anyone else noticed that this has been slowly declining over time or do castmembers just save their extroversion and happiness for other age groups? I know when I go with my mom the castmembers are always much more exuberant and seem to step into a character but not when I'm alone...?

• Closed Account

Talking Re: How often do you experience castmember's "magic"?

Quote Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
    I've been an annual passholder for 2 years and I really haven't experienced that much of the castmembers "magic" that people talk about. I'm thinking that it may have to do with the fact that I'm in my 20s (around the same age as many of the castmembers) so they feel weird acting around me, but I honestly hardly ever come across an employee that has the type of "magic" Walt Disney wanted for the park.

Has anyone else noticed that this has been slowly declining over time or do castmembers just save their extroversion and happiness for other age groups? I know when I go with my mom the castmembers are always much more exuberant and seem to step into a character but not when I'm alone...?
    Each and everyday we enter the park! A smiling CM taking our card and greeting us with a smile! Also followed by a "Welcome" or "Enjoy your day!"

• Minion

Re: How often do you experience castmember's "magic"?

Every visit. From entering the park and having them say Welcome back or welcome home! to our exit and the "Hurry back!"
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Last year I went to the Park on my 26th bday. I had the happy birthday sticker on my shirt and just about every CM I passed said happy bday to me. It made me feel so good. And the fiddler in Frontierland sang happy bday to me both times I walked by him.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Every time I go to the park......Most of the CM's are nice and they make sure you're having a great time.
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

• Roar!

considering you have a pass, i assume you quite a bit. perhaps the magic that others witness has become commonplace for you. as a cm, i persoanlly do not treat any age group differently. everyone deserves the same attention as anybody else

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

The last time I had some 'Castmember Magic' I had to go to the doctor and take penicillin for a month.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

Quote Originally Posted by OogieBoogie View Post
    The last time I had some 'Castmember Magic' I had to go to the doctor and take penicillin for a month.
    Yeah... I'm not talking about THAT kind of magic.. tmi..

Ok well thanks you guys, I've just noticed that castmembers are a little more friendly when I'm with my mom that's all. I'm not trying to bash on castmembers or anything. I just found it odd that, that occurred.

• I'm not really here

At least once a day when we are at the parks we'll have some kind of magic moment. Whether it's as simple as an "Enjoy your day" or as involved as a CM who is really into their iasw character. Sometimes it's just watching someone else experience a magic moment. But we see something at least once a day. And we're in our 20's as well.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• "714"

Ok well thanks you guys, I've just noticed that castmembers are a little more friendly when I'm with my mom that's all. I'm not trying to bash on castmembers or anything. I just found it odd that, that occurred.
    When your with your mom?

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

As a CM, I know I treat everyone outside my age group a little bit differently than people in my age group (I'm 18). It's just weird trying to make "magic" when it's with someone I could be going to school with. I try to be conscious of this, however, so that I can still try my best to treat everyone with respect and honor the magic.

Quote Originally Posted by ~xxBooxx~ View Post
    When your with your mom?
    Yeah when I have visited the park with my mom a few times this year the cms have been more friendly towards us for some reason than when I'm alone or with my friend I usually go with. I don't act any differently than when I have visited alone or with my family. I know it sounds weird but it has happened, maybe it's just a fluke or something and we happened to run into more outgoing castmembers or something.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OogieBoogie View Post
    Oogie, you got some magic on your shirt...

Heres a towel.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Oddball

I had magic on my feet.

Johh, PM. look at it!
    Urge to groove building. Must... snap.... fingers....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast