Recently I viewed my first film at the El Capitan, Disney's amazing theatre in Hollywood CA. For those who might not know, the El Capitan is a old theatre from the early 1900's built in Hollywood. Disney restored the theatre to its Original glory in the 90's. They have also put in one of the largest Wurlitzer organs ever made into the theatre (the organ was moved and fully restored from a old theatre (the Palace) in San Francisco) It is a unbelievable sounding organ and is played by one of the top US organists! The El Capitan theatre is beautiful inside with wood carvings on the ceilings and walls and is just a really special place! Prior to the showing of Nightmare Before Christmas shown 3D the Organist played for about 20 minutes+ a collection of music including lots of Disney film themes and Disneyland ride themes! The organ preformance was worth the price of admission alone!
On the bottom floor of the theatre there is a collection of original characters used in the filming of Nightmare along with some set pieces etc. Very cool.
If you visit the theatre make sure you check out the collection of original photos from when the El Capitan was built in the early 1900's. Very cool.
I highly recommend seeing a film in this theatre, especially Nightmare Before Christmas another huge benefit of this theatre is the very cool next door IceCream Soda Shop! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! I loved being able to order a phosphate! It took me back to a time that I never experienced (I really wish Main Street USA would have a IceCream Soda shop! That would be very very cool!
Anyways go check out the El Capitan, you will not be sorry!