• CM for 4 years!

Disney Look Shoe Question - CMs please respond!

I would have posted this in the "Break Room" but it doesn't seem like anyone's ever in there. I'm trying to avoid a trip to the park tonight to ask if a certain pair of shoes are ok for my first day of on the job training... I have a lot of stuff to do, with my finals, so I wanted to make sure they're ok on Friday.. I definitely don't have time to go to the park, so I hardly have time to shop for shoes. I'm a Blue Bayou HH, so think in that situation, not custodial or anything.

Here is a picture of a similar pair:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/2787855/c/3.html

Now, I could rub the brand name off the back, and then there would be no logos. Are these shoes acceptable by the Disney Look guidelines? They are polishable leather, and not patent leather.

They're these shoe style, only all black, black leather:
    http://www.shoesdirect.co.uk/acatalo...amese_465.html

Pretty please respond if you know??

those should be fine
    i have no idea

• CM for 4 years!

It's just that they're $20, and I don't want to spend the money if they're the wrong kind of shoes.

• Disneyland Cast Member

Just take a black marker to the logo. You may want to spend more than $20 on shoes. At Disneyland good shoes are your best friend. That floor in the Blue Bayou is very hard after a couple of hours!

• Disney Nerd

they should be fine since you are hh, but if you ever get a kt shift you'll need a sturdier (sp?) shoe. just make sure you wont slip in them if there's some water or something on the floor...that tends to happen in resturants...guests can be clumsy.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I agree with Disnerd- I wore Doc Martins (granted you didn't want custodials input, but here it is anyways) and they were my best friend- I would definitely invest something in shoes since its the only costume piece you have to provide. You want something sturdy that can hold a comfortable insole. Don't worry too much about style because no one will be looking at your feet- just don't buy army boots, if you know what I mean. Your feet will thank you.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Minion

Those would be fine for being a host at the blue bayou however now with the new foods debacle who knows where in the resort you'll end up any given day....

• CM for 4 years!

Well, they'll hold an insole, which is what I planned on getting.

And they're $20 because they're on sale.

• Super saucy pixie!

Should be just fine. If you're like everyone else, you'll run through shoes fairly quickly there. I do recommend nice comfortable insoles though. Some days I couldn't feel portions of my feet anymore for all the time I was standing on them. Insoles helped a lot.

• CM for 4 years!

I got the feeling that I would go through shoes pretty quickly, so it seems like it would just be better to buy cheap ones. In the scheme of things, $20 isn't that much, but spending $100 for a pair of Naturalizers with an insole that will only last one month more seems silly.

And the jobs I've worked have all been on-my-feet all day... so I'm used to it. The only time my feet ever hurt was on May 5!! I got there at 8:30 am and stood stood stood until at least 11 pm!!

• Puppy Cuddles

Not a cast member, but been in jobs where all I've done is stood. I have to agree with Dramaqueen. Buy some DMs. They are fantasticly well made shoes that will last longer than most and they are extremely comfortable. Doc makes some very nice looking dressier shoes that should be fine (I could wear mine in my dept. store job). I also got mine at Sportmart of all places for a whopping $30 on sale.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.