Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 87
  1. #1

    • Master of Suspense
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    close to disneyland
    Posts
    780

    Rude Cast Members

    Last Sunday I went to DL annd went on BTMRR. On the first lift hill, a CM announced over the loudspeaker to stay in your seats. Well, this happened at least two other times in the ride and it got pretty annoying (that the person kept on standing up). Whoever stood up throughout the ride after being warned that many times was a complete idiot, but what the CMs did was pretty bad to. When the train arrived back in the station, a male and female conversed over the loudspeaker so everyone to hear. From what I remember, as we exited they said "You don't stand up in a moving train!" "It's called common sense!" "Or a lack of it!" (Both laugh) Well I only remembered half of it, but it was really much worse. It angered me because they were not serious at all, they were joking around with each other so everyone could hear. It was VERY unprofessional, and they could have dealt with the situation in a much more practical way.
    And when I went to get a Dole whip, the line was very long, so I went on the Tiki room side where there was a shorter wait. When I got to the counter, two of the girls were standing there talking about some guy and how one of them asked them out or something, and I finally got their attention. There was one other that was rude, but there are a lot more nice CMs thanrude ones, so two or three doesn't ruin your day.
    Sorry I have so much to complain about.
    Last edited by crazy go nuts; 10-28-2006 at 12:38 PM.


    "To Serve Man... it's a cookbook!!!"


    Ever heard of the dyslexic man who sold his soul to Santa?


  2. #2

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Back home in Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    329

    Re: Rude Cast Members

    I don't have anything to say about the BTMRR incident but I have seen guests ask out the women working at the Tiki Juice Bar several times. I wonder if the girls that work that stand are known for being easy?
    Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.



  3. #3

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Temecula, California
    Posts
    9,153

    Re: Rude Cast Members

    I know exactly who your talking about with the male BTMRR CM. I've reported him on his rudeness. The 2nd times too! I forget the name of him but i know he wears a brownish coat with the BTMRR hat. He stands our unline the other CM's working there and dresses different.

  4. #4

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Posts
    600

    Re: Rude Cast Members

    Quote Originally Posted by Doofy View Post
    I don't have anything to say about the BTMRR incident but I have seen guests ask out the women working at the Tiki Juice Bar several times. I wonder if the girls that work that stand are known for being easy?


    priceless.

    yes, that is very unprofessional of them.
    kingdom hearts <3er

  5. #5

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,374

    Re: Rude Cast Members

    you know? tell you the truth, based upon all of the books that I have read and the headlines, etc. what gets dished out upon the cms by rude guests, I think that the cms are just trying to defend themselves.

    no, sorry. sit down and shut up untill I am done.

    an example: last sunday when I was at disneyland at the blue bayou, there was a rude guest sitting at the table next to me. she was being insulting, snooty, rude, upper crusty, berating and verbally insulting the waitresses. the crowning moment of her absolute uneccessary behavior(which I should have confronted her but didnt) she clapped when that waitress dropped a tray of dishes. this is completely uncalled for. its not her fault, she was doing her job and unfortunately was having a bad day. thats no excuse for the guests rude behavior.

    before you rag on the cms, why not put yourself in their shoes, and have someone get on your case????


    the reminders they give????? guess what?????? RIGHT!!!!! they prevent injuries, deaths, damage to property, etc.


    besides, how would you like it if someone invited you to their house and one of your kids proceeded to jump up and down on their couch(I am not saying that your kids actually do this, it is just a lets say scenario) and they tried to stop you and you confronted them??????

    and then you got mad?????

    think about it. they were the ones that went out of their way to interrupt their livelihood and free time to let you come over and your kids(again just a what if scenario......) did something wrong, this is something you just dont do at someone elses house. same with the cms. they are trying to do their job and someone complains about it.

    in court, the judge would throw out the case or at least rule in favor of the defendant(the cm) in lieu of the cm doing his/her job, which is keeping the public safe and protecting properties(public/private/other) from damage/harm/injury/death.

  6. #6

    • MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Disneyland, U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,139

    Re: Rude Cast Members

    Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan07 View Post
    you know? tell you the truth, based upon all of the books that I have read and the headlines, etc. what gets dished out upon the cms by rude guests, I think that the cms are just trying to defend themselves.

    no, sorry. sit down and shut up untill I am done.

    an example: last sunday when I was at disneyland at the blue bayou, there was a rude guest sitting at the table next to me. she was being insulting, snooty, rude, upper crusty, berating and verbally insulting the waitresses. the crowning moment of her absolute uneccessary behavior(which I should have confronted her but didnt) she clapped when that waitress dropped a tray of dishes. this is completely uncalled for. its not her fault, she was doing her job and unfortunately was having a bad day. thats no excuse for the guests rude behavior.

    before you rag on the cms, why not put yourself in their shoes, and have someone get on your case????


    the reminders they give????? guess what?????? RIGHT!!!!! they prevent injuries, deaths, damage to property, etc.


    besides, how would you like it if someone invited you to their house and one of your kids proceeded to jump up and down on their couch(I am not saying that your kids actually do this, it is just a lets say scenario) and they tried to stop you and you confronted them??????

    and then you got mad?????

    think about it. they were the ones that went out of their way to interrupt their livelihood and free time to let you come over and your kids(again just a what if scenario......) did something wrong, this is something you just dont do at someone elses house. same with the cms. they are trying to do their job and someone complains about it.

    in court, the judge would throw out the case or at least rule in favor of the defendant(the cm) in lieu of the cm doing his/her job, which is keeping the public safe and protecting properties(public/private/other) from damage/harm/injury/death.
    It doesn't matter what the CMs have to go through. Sure it sucks. Every customer service job sucks. But unfortunately when you apply for a customer service job, you're signing up to get paid to get treated like crap.

    Guests are rude. Guests are stupid. Guests are out of line.

    It doesn't matter. A CM should NEVER berate a Guest over a loud speaker, or loudly in front of dozens of other Guests. Telling them to sit down or to stop taking flash pictures while on the ride is different, its a matter of saftey. However, after the ride was over, the proper thing to do would have be to pull the guest aside and tell them to refrain from standing on attractions and that (if this is Company policy) if it continued to happen they could be expelled from the Park.

    Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

    | | |

  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    347

    Re: Rude Cast Members

    ^ I AM a Cast Member.....and nowhere do I recall my hire paperwork saying I was signing up to be treated like crap and that's what I'm paid for. Try spreading a little human dignity as opposed to the warped sense that you are entitled to treat the Cast Members like crap.

  8. #8

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    347

    Re: Rude Cast Members

    AND... it DOES matter what Cast Members have to go through. We are human and have EVERY right to be treated as such.

  9. #9

    • Princess of my own world
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    1,490

    Re: Rude Cast Members

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    It doesn't matter what the CMs have to go through. Sure it sucks. Every customer service job sucks. But unfortunately when you apply for a customer service job, you're signing up to get paid to get treated like crap.

    Guests are rude. Guests are stupid. Guests are out of line.

    It doesn't matter. A CM should NEVER berate a Guest over a loud speaker, or loudly in front of dozens of other Guests. Telling them to sit down or to stop taking flash pictures while on the ride is different, its a matter of saftey. However, after the ride was over, the proper thing to do would have be to pull the guest aside and tell them to refrain from standing on attractions and that (if this is Company policy) if it continued to happen they could be expelled from the Park.
    I completly agree. Before I began teaching I work in retail for 5 years. I agree I never signed up and was told I would be treated awfully and stuff. What I was told was that this was my job and I had to act professionally. After working retail I have a new respect for those people and do my best to always be nice and polite.

    Still...customer service is customer service. You have to expect people to be rude and pay no attention to you, it's what the job comes with. Those CM's had no business to go on the loud speaker and speak like that, especially since they were laughing about it! Master Gracey stated exactly what should have happened.

    I know we are on the CM's 'terroritory' but it's their job. They get paid to work there and create a happy environment. So there should be no excuse for CM's being rude, as goes for any retail job. Your job is your job and it's what you do, all of the things that happen outside including your homelife, stay outside of your job.

  10. #10

    • no flash photography...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my own little world..
    Posts
    13,287

    Re: Rude Cast Members

    Quote Originally Posted by 10-8atDisneyland View Post
    AND... it DOES matter what Cast Members have to go through. We are human and have EVERY right to be treated as such.
    I feel for you, but every customer servcie job is like that. Not all customers are horrid, but a fair amount are and when dealing with them you have to suck it up sometimes....or you can do what i did and tell them off, but you may get fired.....and for some reason when they are acting like an idiot and you get an expression on your face that says, 'hey you're a dumb ***", but you don't even know you did it...you still get written up...yep, I can't deal face to face with the public it's to hard to control my expressions and my outbursts sometimes. ....LOL...

    I do agree with you though. No matter you're job obody shold be treated like crap.

  11. #11

    • no flash photography...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my own little world..
    Posts
    13,287

    Re: Rude Cast Members

    I ahve seen more rude...maybe rude is to harsh...cm's that just seem not to care. I bought soemthign in the NBC store and the CM barely looked at me, mumbled my total, and just dropped the change in my hand without sayign anything.....maybe she was in "character", but it came off as insulting and sort of rude. She really acted liek she would ratehr be anywhere else but there.

  12. #12

    • Special Agent
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,725

    Re: Rude Cast Members

    Quote Originally Posted by PrncssZ View Post
    I know we are on the CM's 'terroritory' but it's their job. They get paid to work there and create a happy environment. So there should be no excuse for CM's being rude, as goes for any retail job. Your job is your job and it's what you do, all of the things that happen outside including your homelife, stay outside of your job.
    Their job is to operate the attractions safely. Sometimes that is counter to the idea of "not being rude" to guests. I'm actually shocked some times at the level of horseplay and rule breaking that the CMs at Disneyland allow the guests to get away with, just in the name of being "courteous".

    Maybe the CMs at Thunder crossed a line by embarrassing the guest over the loudspeaker - I can't say I'm totally ready to defend that action - but on the other hand I don't think it's completely unreasonable to be defensive and even harsh on an individual who refuses to obey the rules. If the CM has to resort to embarrassing the guest to get the message across than so be it. I'm sure hundreds of guests feel embarrassed every day when they get yelled at to "stay behind the yellow line" but the park is safer for it.

  13. #13

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    347

    Re: Rude Cast Members

    ^ Don't get me wrong....I treat every guest with dignity and respect. I will do everything in my power to help a guest. However, if any guest thinks I am there to be treated with anything but the respect and dignity I show them, they are very wrong. I will never do anything to demean a guest, I expect and deserve the same.

  14. #14

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    430

    Re: Rude Cast Members

    No question that nobody who takes a customer service job does so in order to be treated like crap. However, when it comes to customer service, the customer is always right, and the customer is king. They have the money and the word of mouth that can impact your bank account, so it is smart business for you to make sure their needs are met with a sincere smile. Obviously, there are customers who take this to ridiculous extremes and abuse their position. It is fine to set and maintain limits for acceptable customer behavior, but at no time - NO TIME - are customer service agents of any kind to lash out or treat customers with rudeness or anything less than professional behavior. At Disneyland you are being paid to do a job and put up with all kinds of stressful, aggravating customer-related nonsense in the process. That's what makes you a professional - being paid. You don't sign up to take abuse, but sometimes it is part of the job, and if you cannot accept this and deal with it professionally, you don't belong in that position.

    The fact that CMs are more frequently being found to be rude and unprofessional says a LOT about quality standards in CM training at the Park, and is reflective of the overall drop in quality of customer service nationwide. What's so easily forgotten is the fact that I can take my money and spend it elsewhere. I'm under no obligation to put it in your pocket and make sure you're employed. If you want my money, treat me with respect, or I'll go give my money to someone else who'll gladly do what you won't. It's just that simple.

  15. #15

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    421

    Re: Rude Cast Members

    As I former CM, I do feel that some CMs can be a bit rude but don't blame them, blame Casting and Disney University. They are soley accountable for properly training and coaching CMs on how to deal with guests in a professional manner and not to be grouping amongst themselves in personal conversations. The guest must come first!

    However, guests themselves are fully responsible for their actions, too! They should know better than to take flash pictures, stand up on attractions, and etc. So saying this, two wrongs don't make a right!

    Now, when I go to stores I have seen customer service flaws expecting the Disney Way but I have seen bad apples like cashiers talking on cell phones about going out for coffee and totally ignoring the customers and not thanking them after the transaction. That's downright rotten in my book and if I were the manager of the store, I'd have a serious chat with that cashier!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Midway Mania cast member previews for non-DL cast members////
    By Rex in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 03:32 PM
  2. Space Mtn Cast- rude?
    By SpaceKacie in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 04-20-2008, 11:22 PM
  3. DLP Cast Members
    By RasTigger in forum MiceAge Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-31-2005, 04:07 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •