Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry Disneyland Attractions Page - What was the Disney web site thinking?!!! (graphic)

I was cruising the Disneyland.com web site today and was horrified by what I had found on the main "Attractions" Page. No pictures! No maps"! And probably the most jack'd up attempt at categorizing the attractions I have ever seen. Some of them are even laughable. Like Mark Twain and Columbia being listed as a "Getting Around" attraction. They dont go anywhere. You start and stop at the same place. What ever happened to categorizing by land? Fantasy, Frontier, Tomorrow, etc and showing a more enticing map to go with it. Everyone knows the lands. Everyone knows the iconic layout of the park. I sort of see a bizarre attempt to categorize the attractions by "type" but to be honest it is very confusing.

For instance, why is Roger Rabbit and mad Tea Party considered an "Amusement", Mr. Toad a "Family Adventure" and Peter Pan "fun for little ones"?

Disney had it right the first time:
    Land / Attraction / Type
    Tomorrow / Space Mountain / Thrill
    Adventure Land / Tiki Room / Family

And to top it off: A LINK LIST!??? This is Disney for crying out load! DOESN'T presentation mean anything anymore!??
    Thats what set Walt apart in the first place. DETAIL, Fantastic visuals, This Attractions page is supposed to get me excited about the attractions?

(Climbing off of soap box now)
    Sorry folks, this is a sore spot for me since I am a web site and eCommerce consultant.

Would love to here your thoughts.

Here is the link if you would like to check it out first hand
    http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...onsListingPage

• I love loop jokes.

Re: Disneyland Attractions Page - What was the Disney web site thinking?!!! (graphic)

Yeah I'm not a big fan of the site either. It needs a map where u can scroll over the lands and the attractions will enlrage as you go over them, or something along those lines.

• Me and Ilovevmk as elves

Re: Disneyland Attractions Page - What was the Disney web site thinking?!!! (graphic)

Exactly. I agree 100%. For a huge place and business as Disneyland, the least they could do would be to recategorize their links. And for such a big business, they actually need to flash-ify their site. Make it one big flash animation. That just looks unprofessional right there Disney. Shame on you!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

If they do make their site with more flash animations, I hope they have a link that guides us to a non-flash website because that stuff just slows everything down here and I can't stand it. I don't have any complaints with how they categorized their stuff. As long as it takes me to the rides webpage, that's all I care about .

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I printed out almost the whole old Disneyland website becuase I thought it was so cool and made a book out of it.
    lol, Im suck a Disneyland geek

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

While I'm not "horrified" by the page, the layout does seem rather sucky. I agree that the layout is poorly thought out, and it looks like someone without much experience put it together.

Is this rather recent? I thought they used to have an interactive map.

This layout does NOTHING to help people to plan out their day. I think the categories of "Amusements" and "Family Adventure" are inane and stupid. They need a frickin map, and describe what those rides are as they click on the link.

Honestly. Between this page and the new "Disney Parks" merchandise, one has to wonder who is in charge. It reminds me of those commercials where the monkeys are throwing things across the board room.
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 10-29-2006 at 12:14 PM.

• Defying gravity

I agree that the website could be improved. It would make sense to have all of the attractions listed by lands. It's a little difficult to naviagate now.

• I love this place!

Yes, Disneyland's web-site stinks, that's why we're all here!

• It's all about Theme!

It could be improved but it's not a big deal. I remember I loved it when the website had those movies for each ride.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Haunted Mansion Lover

The website has been like that for a while. I don't even know what the old version looked like. I think it has been this way for at least 2 years!
    Foolish Mortal

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

alright , i'm going to be a jerk here and say.. ehem... "WHO CARES?!"

maybe someone looking for big thrills can look in one spot rather than looking through an entire map and every land to find the rides he wants...

it's more streamlined this way anyway , a giant map is intimidationg

My Maleficent tattoo

• Disneyland Freak

^And not organized.

I would like to see lands categorized by land AS AN OPTION but not as a replacement. It doesn't make sense to categorize them by land. The website is supposed to be used for planning and knowing what types of rides there are for everyone in the family would be first on my list. Not what rides are in what lands, that is what guide maps are for.
    Last edited by dlfreak; 10-29-2006 at 01:49 PM.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

All of Disney's Web-sites are atrocious.

For a media company, Disney is rather unsophisticated in its approach to the Internet. But, considering that Disneyland's advertising and other promotion has been lacking in recent years, I'm not surprised that this on-line brochure doesn't do a very good job, either.

• Banned User

The Disney website has been in shambels since the purchase of go.com back in 2001. I cringe every time I have to go an official disney page anymore.

This page would be fine as a resource. Have the first page be the map and attractions listed by land along the side. Then, maybe a link to "Find the Best Attractions for Your Family" would bring them to this page.

And on a side note...why the heck is Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin only an amuesment. They categorize it with the teacups and such. It is a darkride. A well-done darkride. This is a family adventure.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast