Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

PHOTO UPDATE 10/28: A New Orleans Christmas, Midway Mania, Monsters +MORE

Another update --

WELCOME TO DISNEYLAND
    The marquee at the pedestrian entrance on Harbor is out from under tarps, and it's blue like its bigger counterpart at the Harbor parking entrance:

The tarp curtain where the Steamboat Willie mural was at is down, but the refurb walls are back up:

A NEW ORLEANS CHRISTMAS
    New Orleans Square is decked out for the Holidays already...

He's a little creepy, no?

CHRISTMAS CREEPS INTO CALIFORNIA...
    The Christmas lights have appeared on the Golden Gate Bridge, however, they have yet to be turned on in the evenings....

"WE'RE IMAGINEERING MIDWAY MANIA FOR YOU!"
    Midway Mania progresses, and new signs have appeared all over the construction walls proclaiming "We're Imagineering a new attraction for you!"

When I saw these signs, I must admit I got extremely excited.

MONSTER INC PHOTO OP PROGRESSES
    It's definately a very nicely put together Photo Op. Nevermind the fact that the Character Close-Up is across the Backlot in the Disney Animation building, and characters roam freely in the backlot all the time - a fancy Monsters-only photo op can't hurt, right?
    The area has a ride vehicle from the attraction as well, and a door backdrop, along with Boo's door. It's perfect for taking pictures with or without a walk-around Monster!

NEW MERCH & COLLECTIBLES
    Here's a look at some new merch and collectibles:
    There's always tons of new pins being released, but here are some that caught my eye... they've taken on one of the 50th logos (that was also a pin as well) and been switched out with non-50th stuff:

And matching lanyard medals for your non-50th 50th pins, and a nice new lanyard that goes with all of the new similar-logoed stuff:

They have a whole new "it's a small world" ornament collection in Disneyana:

Some new holiday figurines:

New tea sets:
    The Fantasyland tea set:

Another new tea set:

And a new Santa Mickey and reindeer Pluto big fig:

DISNEYLAND AFTER DARK
    I got a new camera a couple updates ago, and I'm still getting the hang of it and all of the features, especially night shots... Some of them turned out alright.. a little dark, but alright... So anyway, here are a couple shots of Disneyland after dark...

And inside a couple attractions...

...Well, that's it. Until next time
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 10-30-2006 at 12:28 AM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 10/28: A New Orleans Christmas, Midway Mania, Monsters +MORE

Awesome pictures! Thanks so much for sharing. I really, really enjoyed that.

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• Me and Ilovevmk as elves

Cool pictures! I've never really appreciated Astro Orbiter at night! It looks really cool. Thanks for sharing!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

That is an awesome pic of btm at night. and tea set....hmmmmmmmm. i might need to get that.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

Thanks for another great update. I like those medal lanyards well mainly the ones on the left. Cool night shots with your new camera the Thunder one is pretty amazing.

Also looks like NOS's Christmas decorations got a very very nice update this year. Although I do agree that Jester is kinda creepy lol
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post

They have a whole new "it's a small world" ornament collection in Disneyana:

Just curious are these Small World Figure ornaments part of a smaller scale of the Walt Disney Classics Collections of figurines?
    I know they did some a few years back in other Disney characters.

Thanks for the photo update, the colors of the new Disneyland sign at Harbor look great with the new color.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Banned User

Thanks for the update. I love the new signage into the Resort and the lovely Xmas decor on New Orleans Square!! You guys at DL are so lucky, as we don't get nearly as much pretty stuff as you do at WDW...

The blue is very nice looking, after all!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon View Post
    Just curious are these Small World Figure ornaments part of a smaller scale of the Walt Disney Classics Collections of figurines?
    I know they did some a few years back in other Disney characters.

Thanks for the photo update, the colors of the new Disneyland sign at Harbor look great with the new color.
    Yeah, the "it's a small world" ornaments are basically a smaller-scale-on-strings version of the WDCC Figurines.

They're quite nice, and if I was an "it's a small world" fan, I'd buy them.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Yeah, the "it's a small world" ornaments are basically a smaller-scale-on-strings version of the WDCC Figurines.

They're quite nice, and if I was an "it's a small world" fan, I'd buy them.
    I bought the Dutch Kids in the full size versions and they come with the language inscribed on the bottom. Thanks for the info MG.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

thanks for the photos!

• Sock Puppet

Sweet update. I look forward to another one.

But why oh why do they have to reuse the same 50th stuff, replace the slogan with Year of a Millions Dream, and slap it back onto the user. Even the cups are the same, minus the 50.

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

I Especialy like this picture , great job man

My Maleficent tattoo

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

Very nicely done! Thanks for taking the time to share.

• Wishing I was at the DLR!

What wonderful photos Master Gracey! The night shots are awesome! Oh, and yes, the little gut is "creepy"... Reminds me of the Puppet Master movie.... Anyway, great job!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast