Expectations while at the parks...

I'm watching a Travel Channel program on Disney right now. Anyway, one of the persons interviewed mentioned that people have much higher expectations of Disney than any other vacation location? Do you think this is true?

Personally, there are things that I expect to see/experience at only Disneyland (or other Disney parks) everytime I go. And so far, I've never been disappointed - I always have a wonderful time!!! That's why I love Disneyland! Sure, they may have been some changes and purists might say that the park is not what it used to be. But, "Disneyland will never be finished...."

Disneyland is the only place I go when I need to get away from the "real world." I never experience the same emotions when I go to non-Disney parks. So yeah, I certainly have high expectations when I'm at Disneyland.
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

• I love this place!

Re: Expectations while at the parks...

Quote Originally Posted by iluvdisney01 View Post
    Disneyland is the only place I go when I need to get away from the "real world."
    Yeah, that pretty much sums it up for me too!

• Fight On for ol' SC!

O/T, but Travel Channel really needs some new programing about Disney. They use that line in every Disney Travel Channel show!

• I'm not really here

I would agree. Disney is held to a higher standard of expectations simply because they created that higher level. They went the extra mile, then walked even further. And there is nothing wrong with that. In fact, more places should do that. But Disney, so far, is the only company willing to hold themselves to such a high standard and put in that extra effort and word to pull it off.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by kronos View Post
    O/T, but Travel Channel really needs some new programing about Disney. They use that line in every Disney Travel Channel show!
    True! And it annoys me that it's always about WDW, even during the 50th when they were showing all these Disney specials. Anyway, back to topic now
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

• white and nerdy

Each vacation has a set of expectations uniuqe to it.

I DO think I expect the most from Disney vacations though, but since I've been on so many of them I think they are all realistic expectations.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert