Character Dining???

My family and I are going to Disneyland in March. I have a 5 year old daughter that loves all of the princesses. I know at Disneyworld there is a breakfast in Cinderela's castle but can't tell if Disneyland has anything like it. Could I get some advice please? Thank you!

• The one, the only...

Re: Character Dining???

What you want is Ariel's Grotto at DCA. That is the place for princesses.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• For You!

Yay! Another Idahoan!

I would suggest going to Ariel's Grotto in DCA.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Goofys Kitchen in the Disneyland Hotel has character dining. But it is $20-30 per person.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Ariel's Grotto is strictly princesses. Goofy's Kitchen is a variety of characters. You might get on or two princess there. Both run in the $20 - $30 range per person. No dining place with characters is cheap. But both are great fun for kids!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• I'm not really here

If she loves the Princesses, eat at Ariel's Grotto. I highly recomment making reservations. They accept them up to 60 days in advance and the earlier you make them the better. You do have the choice of indoor or outdoor seating. Which Princesses are there varies by day, but they try to have at least 4 there.

Here's a link to the menu so you can see what they serve.
    http://www.themouseforless.com/tripp...lsgrotto.shtml

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Hello and welcome to the boards. We have done both Ariels and Goofys with our 2 and 5 year old princess crazy girls. I also would recomend Ariels to you. There is Ariel and 4 of her princess friends will be there. The friends rotate but Ariel in the green dress is always there.
    Also, we found Ariels to be easier with young children because they have table service. At Goofy's us adults had to take turns getting food for the kids then wait stop here comes a character don't get food yet. So all of the up and down to get food and stopping to pull our cameras and video cameras we did not end up with hot food like we did at Ariels.
    When you make your priority seating reservations they will tell you that you have 80 minutes. Howver, every time we have been there it takes longer to get all 3 of your courses. We have found that the first seating at 11:30 runs pretty smothly. Also, order all 3 of your courses including your dessert at the same time. On one trip we waited to order our desserts at the end at that through the waiter off.
    Anyway sorry for such a long post and have a great trip.
    "You can't judge a book by its cover."
    "No, but you can tell how much it is going to cost."

• Lost in Wonderland

Another option would be Character Breakfasts at Plaza Inn at Disneyland. It's a buffet and I love the food there and they have some of the more traditional Disney characters.

Thanks for all the advice. I really appreciate it.

I also have an 11 year old son. Any suggestions on where to take him. My wife is going to take my daughter to do the princess dining and I am taking him somewhere else. Is ESPN Zone the best place for him??

• I'm not really here

Depends on what he likes. Might want to do Goofy's Kitchen, Hungry Bear, Rancho del Zocalo.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Goof View Post
    Thanks for all the advice. I really appreciate it.

I also have an 11 year old son. Any suggestions on where to take him. My wife is going to take my daughter to do the princess dining and I am taking him somewhere else. Is ESPN Zone the best place for him??
    An eleven year old would definately enjoy ESPN more than a character breakfast!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    An eleven year old would definately enjoy ESPN more than a character breakfast!
    I don't know about that... we took my 11 year old brother-in-law over the summer and he enjoyed the character meals every bit as much as my 10 year old sister-in-law. Though I don't think Ariel's Grotto was his favorite, he definitely loved the food there and thought it was cool. Just depends on the kid. If he's into sports, go ESPN... if he's a Disney-a-holic... do whatever Ask him.