Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Worst Character Dining Experince

So I'm not one to complain or anything, but we made reservations last weekend for Ariels Grotto in DCA, we made the reservation for 6:30. We got up to the booth and they said that they didn't have our reservation, because their was a problem with the database, so I just explained that I called in and that our reservation was for two people at 6:30. So we got their around 6:15. We waited untill 7:15 where finally I went up and asked what was wrong because our reservation was fr 6:30 they said that they got us confused or something, so I was like ok, and they were like we will seat you ASAP. It wasn't untill 7:45 that we were seated. What bothered me the most about the whole situation was their was no apology even when I explained the situation, and after telling them the 1st time they were still taking people that came in after us to eat, I just felt that was wrong. So I'm not sure if this restaurant has this kinda problem all the time, but I will think twice about eating their again.
    Jeff Wayne

• It's all nonsense

Re: Worst Character Dining Experince

A similar thing happened to me at the Cafe Orleans. The girl at the check in place never wrote down our info on the cards they use to call on tables, so they didn't call us. My wife finally asked why it was taking so long and that was the reason.

• Lost in Wonderland

That sucks GhostHostJeff. I can totally relate to trouble with databases and computers (last week while I was working, the ticket machine to the kitchen was jamming so my orders weren't going back to the cooks and it wasn't until I asked where my food was for my customers did everyone realize something was wrong) but they should've been able to accomodate you since it was their mix-up TWICE. I would've asked to speak to the manager and tell them politely what happened because no one wants to wait that long for a table when they made a reservation. It's quite unacceptable to not receive at the very least an apology.

But how were the princesses? I've heard mixed reviews on them. They were very short and disinterested when we visited. My oldest daughter wanted to go there again on our next trip but my seven year old daughter started crying and said, "I don't want to go there. The princesses are mean." I didn't want to go either. I hope after waiting that the princesses were very nice to you.

• Neep meep beep

That's happened to me at Cafe Orleans and Blue Bayou. They lost our "cards" somehow, and just wrote new ones and we were seated with other current PS reservations. This leads me to believe there's a loophole in the system if they lose so many PS reservations - can't people just walk up and claim that they had a PS reservation, if they can't keep track of the ones they actually have?

• Minion

The princesses were ok, but the need to make more conversation then "oh hello" lol.
    Jeff Wayne

• Minion

We have also had a "problem with the system at BB, but it was a year ago.
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

• no flash photography...

that happened to us at the blue bayou once. We had priority seating, but they wouldn't let us check in until all 5 of us were there, ni problem, all 5 of us get there, we check in and we wait and wait and wait. after about 30 minutes we ask what happened...oh, we lost your card..we'll sit you soon...it took over an hour to get sat by the bussing area...we were pretty upset, but it happens...I guess.

• Lost in Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by nemopoppins View Post
    But how were the princesses? I've heard mixed reviews on them. They were very short and disinterested when we visited. My oldest daughter wanted to go there again on our next trip but my seven year old daughter started crying and said, "I don't want to go there. The princesses are mean." I didn't want to go either. I hope after waiting that the princesses were very nice to you.
    What your youngest said broke my heart.

Personally I've always had good interaction and fun at Plaza Inn's Character Breakfast. I've also heard a lot of complaints from Goofy's Kitchen's Character Interaction. After you pay (a hefty price in my book), it really sucks when you and your group are ignored and have little interaction when you hype yourself up for it.

• In Technicolor!

We've done Ariel's Grotto for a character meal twice now. Both times the hostess stand has a slight air of confusion around it. It helps to tactfully 'remind' them of your reservation about every 15-20 minutes.

The princesses there are about the same as elsewhere in the parks.
    These are the games that never end.

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    ...it took over an hour to get sat by the bussing area...
    That bussing area! Why do they dump and store the used plates and flatware right there in the dining room? I just do not understand why they wouldn't even screen it off. Isn't Blue Bayou all about atmosphere, after all?

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by nemopoppins View Post
    That bussing area! Why do they dump and store the used plates and flatware right there in the dining room? I just do not understand why they wouldn't even screen it off. Isn't Blue Bayou all about atmosphere, after all?
    yeah, if you are by the water and away from the flashing cameras and people yelling at you while you try to eat it is about atmosphere. We have had 2 nice times there out of 6. Three of the times were with larger parties and we always ended up by the bussing area. I don't know if that is what the area really is, but it's loud with clanging dishes and silverware and a constant flow of workers. IMO the blue bayou is a nice place to eat (for a theme park), but it is very overrated.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Dang, that's lame. Sorry you had an experience like that...hasn't happened to me yet, probably will.

And, you know, waiting like that wouldn't be bad, but when you're at DLR there are too many better things you could be doing. I hope it didn't take too much of a bite out of your trip.

• Disneyland or bust!

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    We've done Ariel's Grotto for a character meal twice now. Both times the hostess stand has a slight air of confusion around it. It helps to tactfully 'remind' them of your reservation about every 15-20 minutes.
    Haven't done Ariel's Grotto, but I'm surprised we weren't the only ones who had this happen at Blue Bayou: they "lost" our reservation, said they couldn't accomodate us, so we asked for the manager, who said they COULD accommodate us but it would be over an hour, so we sat down to wait. Within a few minutes, we started talking to other people in the waiting area about what had happened, and as soon as the manager heard our conversation, suddenly they found space to seat us within minutes. They made it sound like this NEVER happens... interesting that it's this common.
    "A bad day at Disneyland is better then a great day at work." ~ Max Fischer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast