Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Closed Account

Trip Report 10/29 - Mickey's Halloween Treat@DCA

Well the day had arrived and it was getting exciting! We both started preparing our costumes back in July for this event (and future POTC events as well!) Started preping for our 5:30pm Hooks Point reservations by 2:00pm! Lots to apply!

Grandma arrived to babysit the youngone because we thought it would be too much for a 7 month old.....<sigh>! But this leaves me more excited for next year when he will be 1.5 years old! <Admires Frogberto and his tadpole!>

Captain Jack Sparrow and pirate Elizabeth Swann are ready to go! Strike your colors!

"I've got a jar of dirt! I've got a jar of dirt!"

Captain Jack Sparrow mate!

Take your hat off Elizabeth yells to me!

At the Esplanade at 7:15pm sharp!

Hey where are you? You try coordinating the logistical gathering of 14 people including 3 kids!!!!

Welcome to Mickey's Halloween Treat 2006!

Wall projections as we wait for some people!

Everyone's here time to go through!

(We don't recall seeing any DCA photographers waiting to take our pictures!)

So we took our own photos!

Davy Jones you slimy git! I've got something of yours!

World's largest Mickey Halloween antenna toppers! My wife was drooling over these!

Daisy...one of the few characters we saw on our way in!

Carved pumpkins!

Great detail in decorations this year! Much better than 2005!

These look familiar!

Scarecrow just hanging around! He asked if he could have a brain so I offered him a heart! He didn't like that!

On a quest for Mickey's Halloween Treat 2006 swag we found pirate swag instead! And a dead bird!

And some dead pirates too! And some booty!

So naturally ole Captain Jack had to strike a pose!

By the way all you wenches out there.....if you are going to MHT 2006 this week DO NOT WEAR high heel pirate boots!! If you do you may end up taking home a DCA sneaker merchandise!

Back outside! More decorations and the band that was at the entrance when we arrived and still going strong when we left!

My wife puts on her new souvineir! She's happy...I am miserable! You try walking around in pirate boots for 8 hours!!!!

<For optimal viewing please lean to the left 90 degrees>

Rumor was characters were in the Hollywood Backlot area!

Ms. Devil loved my black and white pelts hanging from my belt but didn't quite care for them not being "puppies!" Jafar wanted to know what was in the "jar of dirt!"

The real Captain! Sorry for picture...please put on your 3D glasses now!

A familiar sight! Off to the Hollywood ToT! Hang onto your dreads!

Jojo freaked when she saw the heart in the jar of dirt!

Golden Screams was closed by 9:45pm! That sucked! One of my complaints this year!

The typical Halloween digital photos of Paradise Pier!

My encounter with another Captain Jack Sparrow! Strike the pose mates!
    (CJS if you are out there on MiceChat or anyone knows you I have pics! I believe you were with a rather overly exposed Ariel?)

We tried to get pics with Snow White and Sleeping Beauty after Snow shouted, "Jack Sparrow...oh Jack Sparrow!?" Alas the their CM bodygaurds said they were going backstage! So we got what we could!

But then as Snow was scurrying off to go backstage I shouted in a Captain Jack voice and a swagger, "Excuse me love might we get a picture with you beautiful siren!?" Snow stopped, turned around and said, "Oh Captain Sparrow I love you!" Eat your heart out Prince Charming!!!!

And as Snow scurried backstage she turned around from the backstage doorway and yelled out, "I love you Captain Jack Sparrow" and blew me a kiss! That was worth the entire night and kudos to Snow White!!!! Yes this really did happen!

Kudos to this Captain Jack who went with the fruit kabob look!

More pics of Paradise Pier area!

Lots of construction going on below Screamin!

Fun with carnival mirrors!

A weary pirate longs for some Captain Morgan rum! But where has all the rum gone?

Flash Photography Please!

It's not Tortuga but it will do!

Elizabeth love get in the picture!

Bored onboard the Sun Wheel! How many pictures can you take and strike different poses?

Swordplay!

We forgot we were not on a stationary gondola!

Which means hang onto your jar of dirt! I got it! It's OK!

Again..it's all about me!

I promise! No more Sun Wheel pictures!

I lied!

If my wife could have...we would be taking one of these home!

Another Captain Jack Sparrow...er....Jacqueline Sparrow...Cannibal Jacqueline Sparrow! (Again if you are out there on MiceChat I got pics)

After a long night all a pirate can say is Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Oh look! They made an action figure of me! I need one of these! Now where did I put my 20% off coupon for renewing my AP!?

More pics coming soon from Elizabeth Swann's digital camera! Promise there will be less of me! Sorry!

• I love loop jokes.

Re: Trip Report 10/29 - Mickey's Halloween Treat@DCA

Great pics! I really like your enthusiasm. The work you put into your costumes paid off. You and Elizabeth Swan look great.

At first I thought it was strange you were holding a cooler... but then i realized that's where you're keeping 'thump thump'!

• Main Gypsy

Nice pictures and fantastic trip report. Looks like both of you had an awesome time! Thanks for sharing

•   

Looks like you had a great time!! I tried to look for you but had no luck. I'm not sure if you happened to see a Jack Skellington wearing jeans and a grey hooded sweatshirt. If you did, that was me.....
    The mask is very hard to breathe in and it's hard to see anything. Since I was sick, I had to take it off halfway through the night. I just couldn't hang. Did anyone happen to see me???

Your costume is great though!!!!!
    One question, real facial hair or fake facial hair????

• Closed Account

Moustache is real! I am half Japanese which makes me folicalie challenged. Beared is a real human hair beard purchased from a costume store. Braids in beard are synthetic hair glued in with spirit gum. Soul patch is synthetic hair too.

• Banned User

Ok, I have seen lots of pics, but I am so loving this report and pics!! your costume is well done, in fact so realistic I had to look twice you did and exceptional job !!! and the pictures, I loved everyone of them, you did a fabu job and I had to steal one of them ( the paradice pier one. its so beautiful. thank you, I really enjoyed this trip report!!!

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    Ok, I have seen lots of pics, but I am so loving this report and pics!! your costume is well done, in fact so realistic I had to look twice you did and exceptional job !!! and the pictures, I loved everyone of them, you did a fabu job and I had to steal one of them ( the paradice pier one. its so beautiful. thank you, I really enjoyed this trip report!!!
    <That will be $4.95 plus electronic storage and processing fees payable via candy corn!>

Thanks! We had fun and can't wait for next year!

• I'm not really here

Sooooo very beyond jealous. Halloween is my favorite holiday, and I love how DLR is doing it. Looks like you guys had a great night. I'd want to take one of those Mickey lanterns home to. Those are awesome. And Snow White is just awesome. Great story

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• That's a lot of look.

I love this post! Good job capturing the patented Captain Jack sway in your photos. More please!

•   

I was there that night and althought I didn't get to see him, I can compare his pictures to all the Jack's that I saw and let me tell you......this one is way better!!!

fantastic!!!!

i think my favorite pics were the one of your wife buying the shoes (i'm soooo glad i'm not the only one who has done this!!! ps - my other secret? forget to bring a jacket/sweater and then have to buy one...whoops!)

the one of you guys in the death, i mean, sun wheel forgetting you're in a swinging gondola and then the 3-d picture.

you made me laugh so much looking at these and with your quotes. thanks for bringing joy to my day.
    kingdom hearts <3er

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Awesome report! Looks likes you had a load of fun!
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

That was an awesome, clever report with amazing pictures!

Thanks for putting this up and doing such a great job!

I love the little comments about tilting your head and putting on your 3-D glasses.
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

• Closed Account

Talking Re: Trip Report 10/29 - Mickey's Halloween Treat@DCA

Quote Originally Posted by missmonkey View Post
    I love this post! Good job capturing the patented Captain Jack sway in your photos. More please!
    Not exactly DCA but Captain Jack Sparrow In The Workplace under All Entertainment! I won our costume contest for Best Costume and Most Original!

Still uploading more DCA trip pics to Photobucket!

• Banned User

Awesome pics! I saw the fruit kabob Jack last night (Halloween) as well! I went on 10/29 and 10/31.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast