•   
    • Senior Minion

Thumbs up Billy Hill & The Hillbillies

I went to DLR yesterday and I have to say that I really enjoyed BHATHB performance. For having been going to DL since the late 70's I have NEVER been to the GH. So, as I was going through Frontierland I saw that the next show was just a few minutes away and decided to drop by for lunch (does anybody else think that the chili is so-so there too?).

Their hillbilly version of popular Beatles tunes was just great! I had a lot of fun and look forward to catching them every time I'm at DLR, this show is a must see - and a good time to boot! It was also great to know that they have a CD for sale at DLR - and of course I'm gonna be getting that next time I go.

And after experiencing the entire show I have to admit that even though I truly miss the CBJ this show does a good job of replacing it - not that it has been labeled as a replacement ... but the people clap and sing along just like they used to at the CBJ. Brought back some great memories!

• The one, the only...

Re: Billy Hill & The Hillbillies

I have always had a good time with Billy Hill. I have been to WDW and nothing there can compete with the fun and laughter. Although most seasons are exactly the same, Billy Hill does change the show every so often. Go this holiday season. I bet that they will have a little change.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• I'm not really here

The Hillbillies were a suprise to us. We stopped into the GH for lunch a year ago and weren't expecting a show. We were there about 45 minutes before the show and were pretty much the only ones there so we had our pick of seats. Of course we went right up to the box on the side of the stage. Imagine our suprise when a show started and we had box seats. It was awesome. I've got some great video of Billy making jokes about me being "Camera 1" and telling me to "cut" and "dissolve" when he gets his bow stuck up his nose. We were laughing so hard. It's one of our most priceless and favorite memories.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

Billy Hill and the Hillbillies are hands down the best show on the resort.

I go see it every time I'm there.

• Hooterville, USA

I've seen the show at least 100 times and it still makes me laugh!
    Sunday I got there an hour before showtime, and the front row was already taken. Seems to be a very popular show.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Comin' at ya!

I'm a little biased, because I HATE billie hill and thi billbillies. Probably because whenever we went when I was little, i was forced to watch them 1 or more times during the trip because my sister and dad wanted. And if we went to a fair with them playing, I was forced to watch them....over...and over....
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Minion

BHatHB is my favorite stage show by far ... only if the elvis-type guy is there tho. i dont like the other guy as much

• Minion FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch74 View Post
    . . .
    And after experiencing the entire show I have to admit that even though I truly miss the CBJ this show does a good job of replacing it - not that it has been labeled as a replacement ... but the people clap and sing along just like they used to at the CBJ. Brought back some great memories!
    uh minor errata here.... (although I've never seen Billy Hill despite having visited
    DL for over 30 years...an oversight that WILL be corrected in my next trip!)

Billy Hill's show has been around a while now. And they started some time
    before CBJ's closure (2001). So can't really say they're a "replacement" to CBJ.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by nish221 View Post
    uh minor errata here.... (although I've never seen Billy Hill despite having visited
    DL for over 30 years...an oversight that WILL be corrected in my next trip!)

Billy Hill's show has been around a while now. And they started some time
    before CBJ's closure (2001). So can't really say they're a "replacement" to CBJ.
    Ah! See I wasn't aware of that. And I was the one who used the word replacement because I couldn't think of a better word to describe how I felt, but I did further clarify that it shouldn't be labeled as such.

Although it is a shame that the show has been around for so long and I barely got to see it for the first time yesterday.

• Zero Blockout Dates

Kirk "Billy Hill" Wall was Dick Hardwick's stand in for the part of Pecos Bill in Golden Horseshoe Review from 1983-1986. The Billy Hill and the Hillbillies show started at the Horseshoe in 1994. So in it's own way it's tied to the original Sluefoot Sue's Golden Horseshoe Review which ran basically nonstop (correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it still holds the world's record for most consecutive performances of a single musical) from July 18th, 1955 until October 12, 1986.

A new shoe was brought back as the Golden Horseshoe Jamboree which ran from November 1st, 1986 to December 18, 1994. It was replaced Billy Hill and the Hillbillies.

While I miss the Can-Can girls and the original long show (Aprox. 40:00 Minutes) and wish they'd at least try to restore it or most of it I do love the Billies and try to catch them every trip.

The Billies put one a one heck of a show and it's well worth most folks time to check them out if you've never been. High energy, loads of fun, all around GREAT show.

Last edited by Uzmati; 10-31-2006 at 03:06 PM.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• I love this place!

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    I have been to WDW and nothing there can compete with the fun and laughter.
    I agree, although Off Kilter! at Canada in Epcot is great, too. They're funny in a different way, but funny nevertheless. I have a great time at both shows.

• That's a lot of look.

Yes! Another convert! Just wanted to chime in with my own luurve of the Hillbillies.

That is all. Ahem.

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by 5hr drive View Post
    I agree, although Off Kilter! at Canada in Epcot is great, too. They're funny in a different way, but funny nevertheless. I have a great time at both shows.
    I agree that Off Kilter is funny. I think they need a building to go with their stage. It is a shame that they are considered a street performance.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• no flash photography...

it was a fun show...parts of it anyway...it was just way to loud. WEhen they were doing the beetles part i couldn't hear anything except noise....annoying noise.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

The Billies rock

Go for your birthday and let them know it's your special day. They'll make it an even grander experience