Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Comin' at ya!

Most interesting thing to happen in DisneyLand?

What is the most interesting/bizarre/weird/crazy thing that has ever happened to you in DisneyLand? Whether it be a CM experience, on-ride, or other guests.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Keepin' it calsteady

Re: Most interesting thing to happen in DisneyLand?

Last December my sister and I got on Small World at dusk, and when we came out at the end of the ride, all the holiday lights were on. It was really beautiful and unexpected.

• The pride is back.

A friend of mine and I saw a guy propose to his girlfriend in front of the castle.

• Sun Wheel survivor!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRider View Post
    A friend of mine and I saw a guy propose to his girlfriend in front of the castle.
    I saw that too (someone propose - not necessarily the same ones) - and the crowd broke out in applause when she said yes. We were all waiting for the fireworks to start so there was a big crowd there.
    Minnietoo

• The pride is back.

Quote Originally Posted by minnietoo View Post
    I saw that too (someone propose - not necessarily the same ones) - and the crowd broke out in applause when she said yes. We were all waiting for the fireworks to start so there was a big crowd there.
    This was on the day before the 50th, in the late afternoon.

It was one of three really cool things that happened to us that day. We were on Storybookland when they had to stop for the fireworks. Because of where we stopped, we ended up being among the few people to see Disneyland fireworks in front of Cinderella's castle. Near closing time, we got on the last round trip on the DLRR. As we pulled into Main Street Station, the woman narrating said that it was midnight, and we were officially among the first people in the park on the 50th anniversary.

I always wondered where I could post this story...about 11 years ago, when my daughter was 3, we saw Snow White leaving to go on a break. She was over by the Hatmosphere shop, and we did not want to bother her while she was on her break time. BUT, being the ever-gracious princess, when Snow White saw my daughter standing off to the side, waiting patiently with her autograph book to get Snow White's autograph, she came over to my daughter and started talking to her. They talked for several minutes, and no one else approached them for a short time. Well, after several minutes alone with Snow White, some Japanese teenage girls came up and asked in broken English to take a picture. So my daughter started to walk away, as she did not want to interfere with their picture. But these Japanese girls did not want to take a picture with Snow White, they wanted to take a picture with my 3 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER! I still don't know if they thought she was some sort of celebrity that was getting special treatment from Snow White or what, but the expression on Snow White's face was just too funny. She wasn't mad - just confused like my wife and I.
    Last edited by h2opolodad; 10-31-2006 at 02:02 PM.

• Banned User

I tripped on main street over a curb.

• Minion

My first day working at Disneyland I saw Mickey Mouse walking around backstage.....minus the familiar head. It was really quite a shock to see characters that I was used to seeing in full costume sitting backstage in their own breakrooms half dressed.

I live 2 miles away from Disneyland if Walt would've built it at Riverside and Buena Vista.

Quote Originally Posted by h2opolodad View Post
    I always wondered where I could psot this story...
    LOL, great story! Gotta love those wacky young Japanese tourists!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

On sunday we saw a guy leading his blindfolded and listening to an ipod girlfriend through the hub. Guess she hasn't been there much because I would have know where I was.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

First time I went with my boyfriend to disneyland, I decided to purpose to him at Snow Whites wishing well. He of course said yes and I've been the happiest man since!

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Comin' at ya!

Disneyland I'm sure get a ton of people who go there to propose to someone
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Talking Re: Most interesting thing to happen in DisneyLand?

Me and the wife were there Oct. 6th-9th to see what Disneyland was like during Halloween ( because she's a holiday junkie, we are coming back for Christmas, thank goodness for AP's) and we were sitting behind the ornament store in New Orleans Square ( back by the stairs where the cast members go) a family of 4 came back there to take some pictures of their two boys ( young teen and about 6-7 yrs old) on the stairs, so I offered to take a picture of the whole family and they thanked me for doing that for them, as they were getting up a couple of the pirates in the band were coming down the stairs for their next performance and the father said to his youngest ( who had the pirate hat and sword) "Look! Pirates! and not missing a beat that boy had that sword out and was ready to take them on! The first one down the steps acted like he was going to draw his sword and then he bowed to the boy and said that he gave in to the boy's stronger position and the other pirate just stood there staring the boy down before he started to back away. It was the best moment of our trip was watching that whole thing play out.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRider View Post
    Hey when was that? It may have been my wife and I! I did the same thing which makes it my most interesting thing to happen at Disneyland!

• Closed Account

I proposed to my wife infront of Disneyland castle! This was after the first proposal in Orlando! Bi-coastal proposal! Say that five times fast!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast