Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Loving life!

Question Which off-property hotel is your fave?

We are planning a trip in June and have been checking prices online. Usually, Hojo's is our fave for the service and price but they are just as expensive as every other hotel/motel on the strip for that time.

Where do you like to stay and why?

• Minion

Wink Re: Which off-property hotel is your fave?

Motel 6. It's cheap. I'm spending enough at Disneyland as it is.

Re: Which off-property hotel is your fave?

Residence Inn by Marriott and the Homewood by Hilton. Both hotels have suites with full kitchens and are cheaper than the laughable resort hotels.

• Minion

I like The Candy Cane Inn, The Carousel and Best Western Park Place Inn.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

The Candy Cane Inn and Alpine Inn. Both have great service, and they're close to the park!

• Minion

For comfort, Residence Inn, for price Alpine Inn.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Last trip I stayed at the Annabella (on katella directly behind DCA) wasnt bad except for the shower being doorless and the drain clogging. Im going in December from the 19th to the 22nd and we are staying at the Parkside Inn and suites. In general we have had good luck with the hotels around DLR. If your looking for a deal the Annabella was about $45 a night via hotwire, and Parkside was $78 a night for a 2 room suite (sleeping 5) via expedia.com. Hope this helps.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

The Hampton Inn is quite nice and has comfy beds and free WiFi.

The Hyatt across from the Hampton is as equally nice too, but is a T-Mobile HotSpot, so free WiFi is out of the question. They do have a very nice lobby though, and it features a Starbucks and a Subway and PizzaHut Express, I believe.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DLRDCA_Jerry View Post
    Last trip I stayed at the Annabella (on katella directly behind DCA) wasnt bad except for the shower being doorless and the drain clogging. Im going in December from the 19th to the 22nd and we are staying at the Parkside Inn and suites. In general we have had good luck with the hotels around DLR. If your looking for a deal the Annabella was about $45 a night via hotwire, and Parkside was $78 a night for a 2 room suite (sleeping 5) via expedia.com. Hope this helps.
    We stayed at the Anabella for the 50th, July 13-20th, 2005. It was great. We had a Kid's suite and it worked very well for us.

Parkside Inn and Suite is a place I would not book my worst enemy into. Beware.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

I like the Holiday Inn on Manchester. I know that it isn't the closest but we always drive and we have premium AP's so getting to the park isn't a problem. They are very clean and have WiFi. They are also nice and close to the Block at Orange. I like to go over there once a trip on an afternoon break from the park.
    Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.

• Dept. 41 and Club 55

Best Western Anaheim Inn is my fave. Right across the street from the resorts, and next to the Denny's. Clean, quiet, and cheap, usually about 85 a night.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

I have stayed at the Sheraton Anaheim for my last 4 trips. I REALLY like the place. The staff is great, the rooms are large, the beds are amazing and the grounds are beautiful. We've walked from the hotel to DL a couple of times, it's a good 15 minute walk, but quick. The shuttle is their own shuttle and runs every 30 minutes. If you decide to take a cab it's only $6.

For directly across the street we like BW Park Place Inn the best followed by Camelot Inn & Suites. Carousel and Tropicana are okay also

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Minion

I had a good time at the Fairfield Inn.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by JosieGirl71 View Post
    We are planning a trip in June and have been checking prices online. Usually, Hojo's is our fave for the service and price but they are just as expensive as every other hotel/motel on the strip for that time.

Where do you like to stay and why?

I would have recommended the HoJo as well, but I've also stayed at the Radisson Maingate. The walk is a little bit further than HoJo, or at least it seemed that way, but the difference is negligable (5-10 minutes as opposed to 2-5 minutes).

The multi-storey building offers thr luxuries of most hotel in its class, and proved to be a real bargain. The on-site restaurant wasn't the cheapest, but we got some kind of deal that allowed us a $100 voucher for food there. We barely paid for anything beyond the cocktails with our room service one night. The service itself was quite good, and the rooms were always clean and spacious. As a Good Neighbor hotel it offers most of the same Disneyland-related perks that the HoJo does.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

My two favorites are Hojos and Desert Palms(the one behind DCA near the Alpine Inn). Both have great locations and very nice places to stay although Desert Palms rooms were a bit more roomy at least the room we got oh and a nice view of the 7-11 parking lot lol
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast