Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Bionic Village Babe/RCMC

Re: Is Disney going to build a new park?

Well i am in Virginia and when they were planning on building one here i was ecstatic. i was profoundly dissapointed when they canceled the plans >_< now i am still here and new rumors have begun

Bionic Village Babe of the RCMC
    "Wisdom is knowing what you don't know" - Socrates

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim View Post
    Ummm . . . I believe it snows in Paris.

I think Disney's more likely to build another park overseas first (India, for instance) than to open one more in the U.S.
    It snows in Tokyo.

• FastPass n00b

It's interesting that the only Disney parks opened in the United States were those with land purchased by Walt Disney himself. Iger seems to be a reasonably intelligent CEO at this point. He has no reason to dilute the brand in the United States. The reason they open up so many parks around the world is because those people don't have as much exposure to Disney as we do, so it's all relatively new for them. If they started building Disneylands all over our country, they'd severely dilute the experience and people would consider other options (read: Universal Studios). After all, there are only 2 Universal Studios in the United States...and really only one REAL one since Florida is not a working movie studio.

• The Ghost Poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    I think they should FIX Tomorrowland before they attempt to make any other parks anywhere.

Agreed. Tomorrowland is full of Pixar, Lucasfilm, 3D shows and often has no point in a way. I want the OLD Tomorrowland back!

" Doombuggies: The scariest transportation around! "

Ummm . . . I believe it snows in Paris.
    There is snow, and there is snow. How many days a year does it snow in Paris? What is the average winter temperature in Paris? Using that logic, Disney could justify building a park in Anchorage.

Besides, who is going to go to a chilly Disney park in Missouri when they can go to Anaheim or Orlando? Heck, why not just build a second WDW in North Dakota or Wyoming? There is no shortage of large, cheap expanses of land in those states.

think Disney's more likely to build another park overseas first (India, for instance) than to open one more in the U.S.
    I agree that a 3rd resort in the US is unlikely.
    Last edited by fkurucz; 12-26-2006 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    It snows in Tokyo.
    Sure, but are the winters in Tokyo as cold as those in the midwest?

Its not so much a question of "snow" but of average temperatures. Many places get overnight snow, but have daytime temps that are well above freezing. But if it falls below freezing during the daytime most people will not show up. Few people, even in colder climes, have the right kind of attire to spend an entire day in 20 degree weather.

Heck, Atlanta is in the balmy south, but all it takes is a little snow (1-2") and the whole place shuts down.

• PiLLoW_PuMpKiN

my monkey ate my DLR pumpkin, he said it tasted good.. wow:(

Hmm.. i think that India would be an awesome place for Disney to build a new park ( if they do ) but, would the people in India want a park over there? It sounds kind of crazy to build a park there because ( no offense or anything ) but, India is kind of kept back from the world.. what do i know though. Im a new member right? LOL
    Hi! My name is pillowpumpkin but, u can call me pumpkin. I'm new to MC so, if u have any advice then just share!

I ♥ MC so far so, maybe u can make me ♥ it more!

heh look- ╧↔'◘╙■B ♥1Θ→)C▼w>╓╝E∙═ - that means I♥ micechat in pumpkinese

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

LOL! That Disneyland in Missouri rumor has been going on since before property in Florida was purchased.

Walt had people looking all over the eastern half of the country for an ideal site for his next project. He had two studies done in the late 1950s and early 1960s, with St. Louis, Niagara Falls, and several other locations in the running.
    There were actually negotiations in progress with St. Louis, until the reigning head of the Busch family told him that he was crazy to build a theme park in St. Louis and not sell beer.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/mark/mg040225.htm
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• PiLLoW_PuMpKiN

HAHA.. my friend lives in St.Louie, if they were to build it there and have to sell beer, then you better hide the sharp objects from them. Someone will get hurt! That darn Busch family... I say we build another one in Florida, right around the Stuart area. (!thats not where I live!) LOL
    Hi! My name is pillowpumpkin but, u can call me pumpkin. I'm new to MC so, if u have any advice then just share!

• Mouse Extra Dave

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    LOL! That Disneyland in Missouri rumor has been going on since before property in Florida was purchased.
    That's because during that time it was much more than a rumor, it was a very real possibility. This was where Walt was going to put it. It was centrally located, easy to access from both Chicago and NYC. But as the story goes, August Busch made an insulting remark towards Walt, and Walt never considered it again. St. Louis tired to get Walt to reconsider and go back to his plan, but Walt made old Busch eat his words!
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."
    Mouse Extra
    feeding the Disney addiction daily
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

• PiLLoW_PuMpKiN

Like i said! That darn Busch family. Poor Walt. now i feel kinda bad for chicago and NYC because they dont really have easy access to FL or CA it takes 26 hrs. to go to FL from NYC if u drive. Or u could fly into orlando and drive an hour or to. but to CA i expect that it takes longer becuase u have to go all the way across the whole country! CAN U IMAGINE?!? i know i cant even start to fathom it! ahh!

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by PiLLoW_PuMpKiN View Post
    Like i said! That darn Busch family. Poor Walt. now i feel kinda bad for chicago and NYC because they dont really have easy access to FL or CA it takes 26 hrs. to go to FL from NYC if u drive. Or u could fly into orlando and drive an hour or to. but to CA i expect that it takes longer becuase u have to go all the way across the whole country! CAN U IMAGINE?!? i know i cant even start to fathom it! ahh!

I live in New York and have no problem gettin' down to WDW. The flights are direct, inexpensive (I've never spent more than $200 r/t on airfare), and getting to the resort is quite painless from the airport, especially if using Disney's Magical Express.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dreambig View Post
    I heard through the grapevine that there might be a new Disneyland soon to be built in Missouri. Anyone know if this is true?
    I think your grapevine is turning to raisins. I haven't heard of anything like this.

Iger at this moment has no intentions on building anymore parks in the states.

Even Anaheim's third gate has been put on hold indefinately (although recent acknowledgement of the potential of the anaheim property due to its overwelming attendance) has opened up discussion for many possibilities of expanion with maybe even the possibility for another gate.

Yea , right after they fix DCA.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast