Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is Disney going to build a new park?

I heard through the grapevine that there might be a new Disneyland soon to be built in Missouri. Anyone know if this is true?

• Banned User

Re: Is Disney going to build a new park?

This is a rumor. Missouri isnt a "big" enough as in popular state for a disney park to be built there.

• I'm not really here

A "Midwest Disney" rumor has been going around for a long time. It isn't going to happen. It would severly undercut the numbers who frequent WDW and DL.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    A "Midwest Disney" rumor has been going around for a long time. It isn't going to happen. It would severly undercut the numbers who frequent WDW and DL.
    Well, not if they build a crappy version. And don't say that's impossible.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Self service witchdoctor

They are going to build it in Marceline to save money on doing a Main Street.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dreambig View Post
    I heard through the grapevine that there might be a new Disneyland soon to be built in Missouri. Anyone know if this is true?
    I think they should FIX Tomorrowland before they attempt to make any other parks anywhere.

•   
    • Minion

I don't think there is a compelling enough case for an MO park...
    Check out my other blog:

I haven't even heard the slightest peep of a rumor about any new Disney park in America.
    Most of the rumors floating about seem point at somewhere in Asia thereabouts. Mind you, these are only rumors.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

Ok quick buisness lesson if you have 1 place that will give you $10 a day if you have 2 thats $20 even if one performs less than the others even if it makes $1 its still making money.

Second... a new park i have heard rumor of but not in the mid west but right were it all started in anaheim. I was told that Disneyland has property in the surrounding area and may make a 3rd park at that location.

Reliablility of the rumer... i would say only about 10% it was said by a strange in passing.

They had planned a park in Virginia at one time, so a park so where else is not farfetched and Missouri has a major destination right now with Branson and a large population within drving distance. i just do not see Disney doing it as it would have to be seasonal and they know they need to invest here at DL and WDW first. The Asia property and a rumored South American resort would be with partner in those countries with Disney licensing the parks more that ownership.

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

I grew up in Southwest Missouri and in the early 90's I remember seeing a report on the local news that a large property outside of Springfield along I-44 had been rumored to be purchased by the Walt Disney Co. There was speculation that the property could become a location for a Midwest theme park.

I've heard nothing since, but since Southwest Missouri is a major tourist destination for the area (Branson is 35 miles south of Springfield) and draws people from all over the country I've sometimes wondered if this was true.

However, well over 10 years have passed since I saw this so I would think it's doubtful that this would happen.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Well, not if they build a crappy version. And don't say that's impossible.
    Disney has already built a crappy DL version. Its located in Hong Kong.

Perhaps the company will build a crappy verion of DCA on the Springfield property that it perportedly purchased in Missouri. Disney's Ozark Adventure has a certain ring to it...DOA.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

If they ever build a 3rd park it will have to be some place with a mild winter. They can't afford a Park that would be closed over the winter.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fkurucz View Post
    If they ever build a 3rd park it will have to be some place with a mild winter. They can't afford a Park that would be closed over the winter.
    Ummm . . . I believe it snows in Paris.

I think Disney's more likely to build another park overseas first (India, for instance) than to open one more in the U.S.

• Jambo!

The last rumors I heard were possibly parks in Shanghai and India, I personally see a potential market in Australia that wouldnt pull much from Disneyland's or Tokyo Disneys visitors. But a lot of things need to be fixed with the parks already in the U.S. before they start adding new parks to be fixed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast