Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Sshhh, being very quiet

claribella's Nov 1st Trip Report - It's Beginning to look alot like Xmas!

Greetings MiceChatters!

I made it to the park today, but only Disneyland. Looks like HalloweenTime is over. Many Halloween items are down but some are still up.

As I was driving up, I noticed some tarp:

They took down all the pumpkins from the Hub

But they haven't taken down the big Mickey Head Pumpkin and other various pumpkins around Main Street

But it definantly is beginning to look like Christmas:

NOS

I tried to get a good picture of the CALIFORNIA letters with their Candy Cane look, but the sun was not helping. Here are some close ups of the C and A with Mickey and Goofy...also my son is there to. He HAD to get in the picture and even said goodbye to them! ha!

Viewing the Snow White wishing well.

With video of it here

I caught a glimpse of Minnie in her new Year of a Million Dreams dress:

Boy do I LOVE going on the dark rides with just done nails...this is my hand and the glowing effect of my acrylics on the Pooh ride...

I took my son to see the Princess Faire but I confess...I was curious to see it as I hadn't yet.

The craft areas were pretty neat

The decorations were a bit on the gargantuan size, yup that is my little Knight in front of the Shield of Enormous Magnitude:

The map to get around:

CHOO CHOO! All ABOARD!

"Due to the high winds, the banners on the Castle will not be displayed properly"

Some Swan Topiary

Just a battle clip at the Jedi Academy

Since when did they start putting fake jumping fish in the pond at Thunder Mountain?

And when did they start putting the Chicken Strips from the eatery next to the Golden Horseshoe in boxes! It REALLY cut down the fries!

Well as long as we get to see Woody and Jessie while we are eating...

Well that is all for today folks. Thanks for reading and have a Happy Day!

ETA: Llamalover! I tried to find Miss Elusive but my kid wouldn't allow for it. He wouldn't stay still for a minute, let alone long enough for me to search her out! I'm trying!

Last edited by clara; 11-02-2006 at 08:59 AM.

• Shablagoo!

Re: claribella's Nov 1st Trip Report - It's Beginning to look alot like Xmas!

Thanks for the report. Do any of the princesses still appear around the castle or are they now trapped in the Princess Fair area?

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    Thanks for the report. Do any of the princesses still appear around the castle or are they now trapped in the Princess Fair area?

This is a good question. From what I observed, they are all at the Princess Faire. I didn't see one around the castle, unless I was missing them.

• Minion

The fake jumping fish have been in that pond since, I believe, Mine Train through Nature's Wonderland.

• Hunka hunka burnin love!

Huntington Beach, CA - 30 minutes away from Disneyland!

looks like you had fun!! your son is cute!
    We're addicted to Disney

I was there on May 5th, 2005! and July 17, 2005!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Great report, Clairbella! Oh, and the fake jumping fish have been there for quite a long time, but hadn't been working for a while. They were just recently fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    I've seen the princesses hang out around the Castle still, as well as in the hub, and in front of Floral Mickey as you enter the park.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

great pics! I liked the videos of the wishing well and the the jumping fish truely little hidden gems that make DL so great. Oh and NOS is lookin very very nice this holiday season can we saw Madi Gras meets Christmas?
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

As long as Jumbalaya Jazz is still around, i'll be happy.
    Great trip report there, and loved the extra commentary.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Awesome report Clarabella!!!!

Did they do the California letters like that last year?? I don't remember... but then the weekend we were there half the planet was there also so we didn't see a lot....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Minion

great pictures

i LOVE christmastime

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    ADid they do the California letters like that last year?? I don't remember... but then the weekend we were there half the planet was there also so we didn't see a lot....
    I'm pretty sure they do it every year. This was my first year seeing candy corn letters, and I've been there in Oct. five out of the last six years, but I don't remember seeing candy corn letters before.

Great trip report and pics, Claribella!! Your photos were great and I loved the commentary.

I hadn't seen any pics of the Princess Faire before, now I'm pretty sure we're going to have to check it out when we're there (if it's there and not a Christmas show when we go in a few weeks?). I just thought the Princess Faire was a little storytime place or something. We're not much for shows when we're there. The kids never slow down enough to watch something.

Um, I also check out my nails on dark rides.

• love my friends

great report and wonderful pictures

Friends for life

• Banned User

these are awsome pics!!!
    where is this at, or the giant sheild??

I have never seen anything so pretty!!! Now I want to be there during the christmas season, I bet its magical !!!

• I'm not really here

Wow... they certainly had a busy night last night. They pulled a lot of the Halloween stuff out really quickly. Go overnight crew!

Great pictures and videos. I love the jumping fish. Glad they're back.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

I dont have acrylic nails, but I do love checking out my shoelaces on the dark rides.
    It looks like you had fun! We need to plan a day for us to meet.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast