• Cowboy Jack

Talking Lost but found and some advice with tickets

Have you ever lost anything important in the park only to have it found and returned to you? I posted this originally in a thread about lost cell phones but thougth the story deserved its own thread. I am sure there has been bigger and more importand things lost than cell phones. It is nice to know there are honest people out there that will watch your back =)

First day of a three day park hopper trip my brother in law was handed our 4 tickets to be in charge of fast pass after we entered the park. He somehow lost them before we made it over to Indy to make our first fast pass redemption of the day. We panicked, retracing our steps back to the front gate but no tickets laying on the ground anywhere. We had signed our names on the back of the tickets like it said so we figured we had a chance they might show up in Lost and Found so we where about to leave the park when we talked to the person in charge at the front gate to let him know what happened so we could get back in. Low and Behold he said hold on a sec, walked into his little office and came back out with a big grin. Like a magician he fanned out 4 tickets from his palm bearing our signatures on them. We where very happy campers.

That made our trip and we still won't let my brother in law cary the tickets to this day and I always make sure to put my name and phone number on the back of the tickets just in case.

Thanks to whoever turned in our tickets =)

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Lost but found and some advice with tickets

Quote Originally Posted by flatfnder View Post
    Have you ever lost anything important in the park only to have it found and returned to you? I posted this originally in a thread about lost cell phones but thougth the story deserved its own thread. I am sure there has been bigger and more importand things lost than cell phones. It is nice to know there are honest people out there that will watch your back =)

First day of a three day park hopper trip my brother in law was handed our 4 tickets to be in charge of fast pass after we entered the park. He somehow lost them before we made it over to Indy to make our first fast pass redemption of the day. We panicked, retracing our steps back to the front gate but no tickets laying on the ground anywhere. We had signed our names on the back of the tickets like it said so we figured we had a chance they might show up in Lost and Found so we where about to leave the park when we talked to the person in charge at the front gate to let him know what happened so we could get back in. Low and Behold he said hold on a sec, walked into his little office and came back out with a big grin. Like a magician he fanned out 4 tickets from his palm bearing our signatures on them. We where very happy campers.

That made our trip and we still won't let my brother in law cary the tickets to this day and I always make sure to put my name and phone number on the back of the tickets just in case.

Thanks to whoever turned in our tickets =)
    There are honest people in this world after all. That's great you got your tickets back.

My daughter's friend lost her wallet on the Indiana Jones ride with money inside.

We filed a report to lost in found at DCA. The next two days my daughter's friends wallet was returned to her in the mail with everything intacted.

Wow. I am one of the people that has lost a cell phone and had it returned. I still do not know which ride I lost it on. I was just happy to get it back.
    Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.

I've found stuff and turned it in! Random souveniers, cameras, purses, wallets, etc....all sorts of stuff that gets left on rides!

• Lost in Wonderland

Years ago, probably about 10, my sister and I were riding BTMRR and her Mickey hat flew off. She was all bummed because back then she loved Sorcerer Mickey and it was a Sorcerer Mickey hat. We told the CM's on the ride what happened, and they said they would keep an eye out for it, but we didn't really think we'd see it again.

Before we left the park, my parents checked Lost & Found and lo and behold it was there! It had been ran over by a train, which we found hysterical, but she was just happy to have it back, train tracks and all on it.

• No marbles to begin with!

I would cherish my hat even more if it was run over by a Big Thunder Mountain train. LOL
    My campus elevator smells like burned hair and won't drop faster than the pull of gravity, no matter how much I scream.

• GO DBACKS!!

I lost about $50 in assorted bills out of my back pocket as we were going into the hat shop near Splash. A little boy about 3-4 years old saw me drop it and told his dad. The dad came into the store and asked if I had lost any money and asked how much. I told him and he said his little boy saw me drop it and wanted to give it back to me. We gave him a few bucks as a reward. The CM at the hat shop heard what was happening and gave the boy pair of mouse ears as a reward. I spent the rest of the day smiling.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

My son lost two Star Wars figures in World of Disney. The firgures had been purchased barely one hour before at Star Trader (a birthday gift from Tinkermonkey) as we were on our way out of the park and about to head back to Seattle. We searched the store, cast members called Main Street to see if they had been found there, they checked lost and found 3 times...no Greedo or Endor Han Solo. I was near tears, my 5 year old was in tears and there was nothing else to do. The cast members then did the most amazing thing...they gave us a "No Strings Attached" slip. This allowed Daddy to go back into the park, go to Star Trader, and get Greedo and Han. We didn't have to pay. They replaced our items for free! How cool is that?!

• no flash photography...

nothing important, but a walk about was lost and returned to us, btu the diamond earring is still MIA.

At the local ski resort, The watch band to the watch my dad gave me broke, so I lost it somewhere on the slopes. I didn't see it for a month.

It was later returned to me with the watch band fixed

My purse was stolen from off my shoulder one night in a crowd. The thief threw it in some bushes, without taking anything. Lost and found returned it to me the next day. I guess someone just wanted to see if they could do it. I was glad to get it back!