Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Better Butter Battle Vic

Blog Entries

Side by Side Double Strollers for Rent anywhere in Anaheim?

My daughter and her best friend are going to be going to Disneyland in a few weeks (they're three) and while they aren't quite up to walking all day they don't like to be in a stroller anymore.
    Her friends mom and I think that if they had a double stroller like they have at the San Diego Zoo, that's a bit more for bigger kids that they would sit together and not get worn out as quickly.
    Unfourtunatley I don't think Disney rents double strollers is there anywhere in Anaheim near Disneyland that would rent something like that?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
    Thanks!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Re: Side by Side Double Strollers for Rent anywhere in Ananheim?

FYI-side by side double strollers are hard to manouver around disneyland. Im not saying its not do-able,im just saying its difficult. And youll have a hard time if you go in the stores.
    i dont know of any places to rent strollers other than the ones that disneyland has. maybe just rent 2?
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    FYI-side by side double strollers are hard to manouver around disneyland. Im not saying its not do-able,im just saying its difficult. And youll have a hard time if you go in the stores.
    i dont know of any places to rent strollers other than the ones that disneyland has. maybe just rent 2?
    Exactly, we brought ours years ago when our kids were babies and it was the biggest pain. Always in the way, hard to get into places, etc. As a matter of fact, it was that trip that made us decide that it was time to get rid of that thing. frecky is onto something, maybe rent 2. Personally, I would never do the double stroller thing again. Good luck!
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

And I tell you this from experience. Kinda. I had a double stroller, but it was front and back. I watched other families trying to manouver the wider strollers around and it didnt appear easy. My longer stroller was still hard but not nearly as bad. IF you must get a stroller, consider the suggestion I made, otherwise try and go without.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• no flash photography...

the walkways of DL can be narrow in spots...I've seen people pushing these anf they take up the entire walkway sometimes and they appear to not turn well....

• Minion

The last thing Disneyland needs is another double stroller. Get two singles instead.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Also, if youre going to rent a double stroller from somewhere (if there are even places that do this i dnt know) Im willing to bet it will cost you more than $16 which is what 2 single strollers at disneyland will cost.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

If you really want a Double Stroller, my suggestion, go to Wal-Mart or Target in the area and buy one. It will be the best choice for multiple days.

Then just drop it off at a Charity place (such as the Salvation Army) or tell your hotel that you want to donate it (though more than likely it will go to one of the hotel staff).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

And here I was thinking a Side by Side double stroller was two friends who enjoyed taking their time getting where they were going.

Um, twice.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

When my kids were both in strollers, we bought cheapie umbrella strollers with sunshades and baskets and then bought "stroller connectors" (http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...heart_stroller)

This was the best! If one of us had to do something else, the other one could still push both kids by hooking the strollers together but they were simple enough to split apart when we needed to.

It was a lifesaver in the airport too in case one of us had to use the restroom or something. The strollers were cheap enough and the connectors are only $15, probably cheaper if you shop around so in the long run, a lot less $$ than renting strollers in the park!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

The single-wide tandem stroller is a LOT easier to maneuver around the park. I'd consider getting that before the double-wide.
    Happy Anniversary, MiceChat!

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

Quote Originally Posted by Demigod View Post
    The single-wide tandem stroller is a LOT easier to maneuver around the park. I'd consider getting that before the double-wide.
    I second that recommendation. We went with friends, they had a double wide (sounds kind of naughty), we had the single wide double. They had major difficulties (ran into a few innocents also) while we had no problems.

megastrophy--I get that you want the kids to be able to visit, and that they might be more willing to ride if they can "play" at the same time. But, I don't know anywhere to rent doubles. perhaps they could have suckers or something that they "have" to ride in the strollers to eat, and that way they would be more willing to ride? Good luck with this.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyRob View Post
    I second that recommendation. We went with friends, they had a double wide (sounds kind of naughty), we had the single wide double. They had major difficulties (ran into a few innocents also) while we had no problems.
    you mean the limo stroller, right? thats what i had.

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    you mean the limo stroller, right? thats what i had.
    Correctamundo - without the wet bar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast