Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My wacky crazy improbable never-gonna happen idea

So, I was thinking about the mess we have known as Adventureland. The walkway is too narrow, it feeds Indy and JC, two popular attractions; and guests use it as their primary route to get to NOS/CC. Nobody goes through Frontierland.

I wondered how it might work if the Adventureland Bridge was removed and took over the Frontierland Bridge. Now hold on a sec...let me explain.

Adventureland would expand upwards into part of what is now Frontierland. Maybe theme the Golden Horseshoe to The Adventurers Club or something along those lines. Why do this? Well, guests would be using the wider street as a means of walking and it would help cut down on the crowding of the attraction portion of Adventureland.

So what happens to Frontierland? Carnation Plaza. The large stage area to the west of the castle which connects to Frontierland. The large EMPTY stage area. This space is rarely used. Make this the entry way into Frontierland, theme it in the same fashion (like a old west town). With some minor adjustments in the layout of the northern Frontierland buildings(Shootin' Gallery, etc) a nice walkway can be formed spilling out in front of BTMRR and the Rivers of America.

OR...move BTMRR to Tom Sawyer Island like Paris, free up that land, allowing Frontierland to spill out where BTMRR currently is allowing much space for another Adventureland attraction.

Okay, that's my wacky crazy improbable never-gonna-happen idea.

Another less crazy one is using Carnation Plaza as Wild West Show. They would obviously cut it off from the hub and disquise the exterior of the arena with trees and castle walls. The show would be accessed through what is now the Shooting Gallery. I think a simple Wild West Stunt Show would finally give Frontierland some energy and life back.

• Comin' at ya!

Re: My wacky crazy improbable never-gonna happen idea

I think i would really miss the original adventureland bridge. But i do agree not many people visit frontier land anymore.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    Carnation Plaza. The large stage area to the west of the castle which connects to Frontierland. The large EMPTY stage area. This space is rarely used.
    The stage is used all the time though.

I don't think the bridge is the problem. Firstly, the planters in the middle of Adventureland don't help congestion and Secondly, Indiana Jones is a major congestion problem because so many people walk up to it and jam at the entrance, which jams everyone else out in the main walkway since the entrance is so narrow. The complications between standby, Fastpass, and the narrowness of that area doesn't help.

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

you see! the whole thing about rarely going into fronteirland was my point in another thread long ago haha...i like the trying to releave traffic tho

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTom View Post
    The stage is used all the time though.

I don't think the bridge is the problem. Firstly, the planters in the middle of Adventureland don't help congestion and Secondly, Indiana Jones is a major congestion problem because so many people walk up to it and jam at the entrance, which jams everyone else out in the main walkway since the entrance is so narrow. The complications between standby, Fastpass, and the narrowness of that area doesn't help.
    I have never seen that stage is use in the past 5 years. I know it is used for school bands and such on occasion, but generally that spot is vacant. There used to be a restraunt there, even that is gone now.

And my solution solved the congestion in Adventureland by adding another street to the land. If people wanted to simply get through or shop, they would be where Frontierland now is. If they wanted to visit attractions, they would be occupying the area where Adventureland now sits. This would eleviate much of the traffic jams because there would be much less through traffic.

I agree with UncleTom. Adventureland's big bottleneck is the Indy entrance. For whatever reason, it being so close to Jungle Cruise and Tarzan- and having Fast Pass stations, Stand-by Lines, and Fast Pass Return lines right next to each other it creates confusion to alot of guests. They don't know where the ride is, where the fast pass machines are, where the start of the lines are. So they just mill around in an area that there is not much room.
    Then you factor in guests waiting outside while the rest of their group is riding the attraction, or are waiting for the fast pass tickets to come up. Or, when Indy goes down, park themselves at the entrance to be the first ones for when it comes back up.

I love Indy to death and it is very popular. But taking into account the extreme congestion in the area, and the beautifully theme queue- its just another reason to rip out its Fast Pass machines. Either that or funnel everyone deeper into the attraction area before splitting the line into Standby or Fast Pass, instead of just off of the major walkway.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

• It's all nonsense

You lost me at re-theming the GH.

•   
    • I <3 o

So what happens to Frontierland? Carnation Plaza. The large stage area to the west of the castle which connects to Frontierland. The large EMPTY stage area. This space is rarely used. Make this the entry way into Frontierland,
    You've obviously never been in May, they use Carnation plaza for magic Music days. Schools pay a large amount of money to participate in Magic Music Days. It's a source of income, they wouldn't nix it. Also, it has a sponsor, more income. Yeah
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I do agree about the mess in Adventureland. But I think they need to reduce the amount of Fantasmic! showing....and take out that entrance to the Swiss Family/Tarzan tree. That causes a WHOLE heap of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelade View Post
    You've obviously never been in May, they use Carnation plaza for magic Music days. Schools pay a large amount of money to participate in Magic Music Days. It's a source of income, they wouldn't nix it. Also, it has a sponsor, more income. Yeah
    I did say that the space is used on occasion for school bands, but generally is vacant.

I just don't understand keeping a space vacant to be used once a year. I'm sure bands could play elsewhere (ToonTown?) and this space could be used to finally liven up the sleepy area known as Frontierland.

• The pride is back.

I'm sorry, but as much as I get frustrated with the logjam that is Adventureland, I'd never get over losing the bridge. It puts me in the atmosphere more than anyplace else in the park, with the possible exception of entering Fantasyland through the castle.

•   
    • I <3 o

I did say that the space is used on occasion for school bands, but generally is vacant.

I just don't understand keeping a space vacant to be used once a year. I'm sure bands could play elsewhere (ToonTown?) and this space could be used to finally liven up the sleepy area known as Frontierland.
    You have to think, that stage makes them money and it doesn't cost them a cent because it has a sponsor, and disney will do anything for a buck and they aren't losing customers because of the traffic flow problem into Adventureland. Therefore I highly doubt they would ever remove it. And although magi music days is only for a short time it is a hefty per kid charge event
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

• I'm not really here

Very interesting ideas. I agree that the Adventureland walkway is rediculously tight. Frontierland just needs another larger ride. D or E ticket. I love BTMRR, but that's really it for thrills. There's the Mark Twain and Columbia, but I think Frontierland needs one more. I know they tossed around the idea of Geyser Mountain back in the ranch area for a while, but it's never made it out of the "really cool idea involving the TOT lift mechanism stage.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Very interesting ideas. I agree that the Adventureland walkway is rediculously tight. Frontierland just needs another larger ride. D or E ticket. I love BTMRR, but that's really it for thrills. There's the Mark Twain and Columbia, but I think Frontierland needs one more. I know they tossed around the idea of Geyser Mountain back in the ranch area for a while, but it's never made it out of the "really cool idea involving the TOT lift mechanism stage.
    I thought of a cool idea for such a ride. The Powder Keg. The que leads you through the secret hideout of a western outlaw. He catches you and has his henchmen (CMs) strap you to a chair which is surrounded by dynomite. Guests then shoot up mine shaft and get a fabulous view of the park.

The problem is that it would have to be in the back of Frontierland and I still believe that guests wouldn't get there through Frontierland itself. They'd cut through Adventureland then go straight up along the ROA or they would go through Fantasyland. There needs to be somesort of lively attraction or gimick to get people to actually want to walk through the western town.

Maybe theme the Golden Horseshoe to The Adventurers Club or something along those lines.

So long as it isn't the Super Adventure Club, you know, that fruity little club that warped Chef's mind and molests children?

forgive me, it had to be said, otherwise it would be doing all south park fans a terrible injustice
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast