View Poll Results: What should be done to the Fantasyland Skyway loading dock area?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reopen it and bring the Skyway back

41 40.59%
  • Rip it out and put in a new attraction

24 23.76%
  • Replace it with an eating joint

14 13.86%
  • Reformat the area to become a character meet-n-greet spot

14 13.86%
  • Other (Please explain below)

8 7.92%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

Re: Fantasyland Skyway Loading Dock

How about a super-secret MC bathroom? Complete with bidets for that refreshing feeling. An attendant and little combs in sterilized liquid. Oooh, I love it.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyRob View Post
    How about a super-secret MC bathroom? Complete with bidets for that refreshing feeling. An attendant and little combs in sterilized liquid. Oooh, I love it.
    ROFL!!!! I LOVE IT!

...Joe...

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRider View Post
    Mickey: Hey Donald! Whas ha'nin? Thish guy. Thish guy righ here. Thish guy is the beshtest [hic] friend a guy could have. [hic] HEY! WHADRYOU SHTARIN' AT? I didn' THINK sho. [hic] Woopsh. Shpilled my beer. Minnie? [hic] C'mere dollface. Wouldja get me another beer, shweetie shmoopshie shn... zzzzzzz
    ROFL!!

• Infinitized!

I wonder if there's enough room in that area to put in a dark ride based on Robin Hood. I haven't been to Disneyland since 1994, but I remember that it was a wooded area. It would be neat to have a Robin Hood ride like Alice where the ride is outside and indoor.

Since the area is small, it is perfect for bringing back Skull Rock. With new, beautiful rockwork, flowing water, eerie green lights in the eyes, and cool blue lights that shine on the various mini-pools of water. Cut into the hill a little and create some clever rockwork seating so guests can watch, relax, and enjoy the floating mist of the falls. Place the stromboli wagon goods into the shop, ditch the wagon and start the latte stand. Skull Rock presented by Starbucks.
    Last edited by Triton; 11-29-2006 at 11:01 PM.

• ...TWO BITS!

I think it's possible to do something up there. All the previous ideas I haved thought of before, but going through this thread made me rethink:

1) How about a meet n greet/storytelling cottage with snacks and small beverage (like coffee and tea ) for purchase. I'm sure the hillside can be configured to make it wheelchair accessible. The "Aladdin & Jasmine" storytelling can move here. Then the Oasis in Adventureland can return as a restaurant.

I think it really is a nice view of Fantasyland from up here. But I don't think you can see much fireworks from here. On occasion, a wedding chalet is definately a nice idea.

I know one suggestion was to have Santa's Cottage redressed here for Santa Meet n greets, but the Reindeer Roundup seems to be successful.

2) Now the above seems like a logical and realistic solution. Someone else proposed a Gummi Bear transportation system from Critter Country to Fantasyland (Skyway station probably). Either a EPCOT's HORIZON, Peoplemover, or EPCOT'S LIVING WITH THE SEAS transportation style. Show scenes behind Rivers of America could possibly be fiber-optic mushrooms and diamonds...

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123