Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas 2005

Christmas 2005

I'm going in July and December this year, my question is...I know they are doing Mansion overlay, but are they toning down the rest of Christmas to keep the Bday party rolling. Will they change the parades or Fireworks? Anyone know...

Thanks
    Dustin

• Rainicorn.

Wow, I really haven't thought of that! They probably won't take out Remember, since it's such a fantastic fireworks/visual show... Doesn't DL usually have a Christmas parade, as well? With the ginger bread men!
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

mrow. i wanna see the new fireworks. I'm going down in November so I guess I'm going to miss them. I should have waited one more month instead of going in April!

most of what sources are saying now is that Disneylands Christmas Parade will be moved to DCA while the Parade of Dreams keeps playing in Disneyland

supposedly this will give them a chance to do some refurb on the Electric Parade floats

• Minion

Edit: Oops! Jspider beat me to it!
    Well, I think this issue has been brought up before, and here's what I know:
    (Of course, all information subject to change)

Parades:
    The Parade of Dreams will STAY at Disneyland. There will be no Christmas Fantasy parade at DISNEYLAND...
    But Christmas Fantasy will be brought to California Adventure! There is no word on whether the parade will have any additional Californian elements.
    I believe Block Party Bash will also be presented at DCA, but I'm not sure. I also don't know about the Electrical Parade, but I doubt there will be all three parades running in DCA at once. Maybe no BPB?

For the fireworks:
    Nobody seems to know. Some people are suggesting that Believe in Holiday Magic will come back. Personally, I think they should stick with the new Remember fireworks, but tweak it. One idea would be to swap out the beginning and end ( The direct lifts from WDW's Wishes!) and add in Holiday songs- maybe even taken directly from Believe in Holiday Magic, along with new narration by Julie Andrews. I would rename this "Remember... Holiday Dreams Come True"
    Another option is to keep the Remember fireworks as is, and then have the snow fall during "Remember When" (The song that plays after the show.) Whatever happens, I would bet that the snow will be included- it's quite popular.

• Defeats the Huns

Nothing is confirmed about A Christmas Fantasy Parade moving to DCA... keep in mind that all these are still just in the "rumors" category. We won't have a definite answer until early October or so -- lots can happen between now and then.

I love your idea grvtydefy!!! It gives a totally new twist on the song.

As for the parade, maybe we'll be back like when Disneyland actually had 3 parades at the same time???

Ah the 90's...

I hope "it's a small world" Holiday returns this year. Barely takes a few weeks for the changeout, and it's so popular with the guests.

• Minion

On another board, I posted this- it's sort of an elaboration on my earlier Remember... idea. What do you think?

I'd sort of smush the shows together to create a NEW show, Remember... Holiday Dreams Come True! I'd swap out the beginning and end of Remember (The parts lifted directly from WDW's Wishes) and replace them with parts from Believe Holiday. Maybe have the show start as Believe did, then have Julie Andrews do some narration about a magical place that becomes even more magical during the holiday season. Then go to Tink and Walt's speech, then the spectacular E-tickets in the Sky. If possible, add in sections focusing on the park's various holiday attractions- A Christmas Fantasy, IASWH, and HMH- the last one could be as simple as adding some Jack Skellington to the HM section. Conclude that with Julie again, talking about how as Disneyland turns 50, it will always remain a place to relive memories of holidays past and look forward to the future. End with Tink flying by again and Believe's ending. Would segway beautifully into either White Christmas or Remember When with snow.

• Lost in Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by grvtydefy
    Parades:
    The Parade of Dreams will STAY at Disneyland. There will be no Christmas Fantasy parade at DISNEYLAND...
    But Christmas Fantasy will be brought to California Adventure! There is no word on whether the parade will have any additional Californian elements.
    I believe Block Party Bash will also be presented at DCA, but I'm not sure. I also don't know about the Electrical Parade, but I doubt there will be all three parades running in DCA at once. Maybe no BPB?
    I think it was Al Lutz who mentioned that they need to refurbish the Electrical Parade, so that is the one that will probably go down during the holiday season.

The Christmas Fantasy Parade floats still remain on the Disneyland side, so until they actually move them over to DCA, nothing is permanent. And they still have to rebuild two units that were altered for the Cavalcades.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Moving Sidewalk
    The Christmas Fantasy Parade floats still remain on the Disneyland side, so until they actually move them over to DCA, nothing is permanent. And they still have to rebuild two units that were altered for the Cavalcades.
    Very true. With Disney, you'll never know until the first time the parade comes down the street (in whichever park!) That's why I put "All information subject to change" in my post.

• Head Salesman

How will the giant 50th spider web affect the Haunted Mansion Holiday decor?
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Blah, I hope the Christmas Parade gets moved to DCA. It's cute and all, but I've seen it so much that I've gotten kinda sick of it. That darn song just pops up in my head and won't go away!

Trader Sam:
    How will the giant 50th spider web affect the Haunted Mansion Holiday decor?
    I was thinking about this also. Maybe they could put the clock in a way that the web ears become the hidden Mickey with the clock, and ocasionally flash a golden 50 on the clock.

Or.... they could just move it to the side of the mansion.

• Head Salesman

Looking at the hidden 50 on the web, it looks high enough that it won't be obstructed by the clock.
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast